Men...Just Who Exactly Are You Trying To Impress?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Me personally? No one but myself and the people I love. I have reached a stage in my life were I honestly don't care what people other than that think of me.

The behaviour you describe however isn't a facet of being a man more than it is a measure of being immature or unsure of yourself. Only under confident people feel the need to put others down in order to make themselves feel or look better.

This, you are hanging out with boys. Men don't do that.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 10 years so I'm beyond trying to impress anyone...except clients. However, I have a daughter and one thing I will tell her about any potential SO is watch how they treat people in general. Of course they'll be nice to you. However, if they're a jerk to a waitress, air cap, stangers in passing etc, chances are their true colors will eventually be turned on you. And if I ever hear of my son acting like that. We're going to have a talk.

MEN don't act like that. And as I get older I catch myself telling boys that they're not behaving properly...regardless of their age. Yes, I'm going to be THAT old guy.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Oh I'm just trying to impress you! Chicks like *kitten*, so if I act like that, you'll like me :smooched:
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    Oh I'm just trying to impress you! Chicks like *kitten*, so if I act like that, you'll like me :smooched:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, funny, or serious. Hard to tell with text :huh: But the truth is, I am sad to say, yes, some women do like guys like that. I am ashamed that women have become portrayed like that, but I suppose it's our own fault.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, funny, or serious. Hard to tell with text :huh: But the truth is, I am sad to say, yes, some women do like guys like that. I am ashamed that women have become portrayed like that, but I suppose it's our own fault.

Sarcasm. I was always the nice guy in the friends zone behind the *kitten* getting the girl! HA!
  • Vermilla
    Options

Sarcasm. I was always the nice guy in the friends zone behind the *kitten* getting the girl! HA!

Aww! Let's change the world together where the *kitten* remain single and good guys get the girls! :wink:
  • luwalmsley1983
    Options
    [/quote]

why do women try to impress other women more than men?
    [/quote] I think this quote was from fearanloathing? Its being weird and not quoting properly but... Yeah..

What she said ;-)
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to explain this, but "Most" guys do not act that way.

You could say "Many" guys act that way, but you specifically stated a majority.

Perhaps if you had been a little more careful with your wording less men would have been offended.

By the way, with all of the trouble that you have gone to in this post, I have to ask, "Just Who Exactly Are You Trying To Impress?"
  • Vermilla
    Options
    Check that...not even going to bother :yawn:
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    When a guy acts like a big d i c k... he compensating for having a small p e n i s.....
    You are so funny! I am going to remember this one!