BL Blue Team WEEK 11

Options

Replies

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately since I dont have a gallbladder anymore I never have the constipation problem but I do still try to get my fiber in.

Connie
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yea, even if people are fudging their numbers, it's only going to hurt them in the end. Plus can you imagine putting stuff in you didn't do and STILL getting beat by those of us, working our butts off! :laugh:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    sanifrey what do you eat for your fiber?

cereal or oatmeal for breakfast
    1/2 cup grapenuts = 7
    1/2 cup oatmeal = 4

I eat a salad for lunch everyday
    1 cup of greens = 3
    1/4 cup chic peas = 3
    tomato, cucumber & dressing as well

snack
    24 almonds = 4
    1/4 cup walnuts = 7 (not my fav but wow on the fiber factor)

dinner
    always a veggie or salad included
    1 cup carrots = 3
    baked porato = 5
    if dinner is a pasta or rice I eat the whole grain/brown stuff
    2 oz Ronzini smart taste = 6
    1 cup brown rice = (dang it - I forgot to look it up)

Just a few ideas, it can add up pretty quickly if you make a few wise choices!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately since I dont have a gallbladder anymore I never have the constipation problem but I do still try to get my fiber in.

Connie

Me too! But the healthier I eat and with the calorie deficit I do find that I don't go everyday (or several times a day) like I did in my old eating habits.

Just saw a statement in an article that makes sense..."since eating a high fiber diet makes you feel fuller longer, you have a better chance of successfully reducing your calorie intake thus losing weight."
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options

Connie

Me too! But the healthier I eat and with the calorie deficit I do find that I don't go everyday (or several times a day) like I did in my old eating habits.

Just saw a statement in an article that makes sense..."since eating a high fiber diet makes you feel fuller longer, you have a better chance of successfully reducing your calorie intake thus losing weight."

That makes sense. I have been trying to get my fiber all under control the other day I got in 10g and I was thrilled. :flowerforyou: So now I have a special part to track my fiber intake. :happy:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I have it showing on my daily goals too.

Jess-hows exercise this week?

I did level one of BL Sculpt and 35 minutes at level 10-15 on elliptical. (15 for a SHORT time - it was hard.)
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I have it showing on my daily goals too.

That's great!! I forgot that it didn't come standard with MFP, I had added mine a while back & I've been using it since! It can add up pretty quickly! One of the only columns that it's okay to see a red negative & go over in!! :drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    So I thought I was going to be smart and do a different kinda cardio. So I would take the 30day shred and break it down only to the cardio part. Um yea not a smart move :grumble: :noway: NEver doing that again. I know I burned the calories however. :drinker:
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Will someone do me a favor and make me a ticker?
    This is the second time I've tried to make one and it absolutely will not work for me. :sad:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Will someone do me a favor and make me a ticker?
    This is the second time I've tried to make one and it absolutely will not work for me. :sad:

:laugh: :laugh: I'm sorry, you're too cute. We can't, you have to do it from your site. Sorry.:flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    So I thought I was going to be smart and do a different kinda cardio. So I would take the 30day shred and break it down only to the cardio part. Um yea not a smart move :grumble: :noway: NEver doing that again. I know I burned the calories however. :drinker:

j-I didn't exercise today and feel so bad, get me motivated for tomorrow!:sad: :mad:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Thanks. :flowerforyou: I *did* drink a lot of water yesterday and felt fine. Most of my fiber is coming from Fiber One brand stuff.

Biggest Loser tonight!!!! :drinker: I'm going to Shred before it comes on.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I got in a car accident yesterday and my poor baby is all smashed up. I can't go to work today because I don't have a car or anyone to take me and I have to deal with insurance people and try to get a rental through the other ladies insurance.

I'm contemplating eating jelly beans for breakfast...
  • chrissyh
    Options
    STAY AWAY FROM THE JELLY BEANS!!!!

Everything will work out with your car-are YOU ok? So it wa the other chick's fault - that's good for you in the who pay's dept.

Today will be a better day!

Leigh-way to go on the water - I only got 6 glasses in. Since my tummy bug it's harder to drink it but I'm getting back up there.

Jess-I bet that was definitely different just doing the shred cardio - I love the BL Cardio video - do you have it?

Hotmom - you'll get some exerize in today we all need some rest
  • jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    Options
    I got in a car accident yesterday and my poor baby is all smashed up. I can't go to work today because I don't have a car or anyone to take me and I have to deal with insurance people and try to get a rental through the other ladies insurance.

I'm contemplating eating jelly beans for breakfast...

Rach - sorry to hear about your car accident. NO jelly beans for breakfast :smile: Hopefully everything will go smooth.
  • jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    Options
    Hi Blue team - Happy St Patty's Day!

I've been MIA this week - buried with tax season. So I did a week's worth of reading on this thread. I joined in with the introplay and need to explore that some more to see how it works. I think that will be a good motivater for us all! At least I've been getting in 60 minutes of exercise everyday and watching my calorie intake. I just make that much needed "Jenn time" :smile:

I do have a lunch with a tax client today and I'm really scared about the restaurant. I've been doing so good and haven't been out in soooo long - I hope to make a smart choice!

Have a great day everyone! :happy:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Alright, alright, no jelly beans.....:grumble: :laugh:

I had a scone instead, or 'english muffin'. I was talking to my friend in the UK and I had a hell of a time trying to tell him what an english muffin was and had to resort to google images to show him! :laugh: He thought it was hilarious that he's english and didn't know what it was, so I told him that from now on I will always refer to them as scones. :laugh:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    STAY AWAY FROM THE JELLY BEANS!!!!

Everything will work out with your car-are YOU ok? So it wa the other chick's fault - that's good for you in the who pay's dept.

Today will be a better day!

Leigh-way to go on the water - I only got 6 glasses in. Since my tummy bug it's harder to drink it but I'm getting back up there.

Jess-I bet that was definitely different just doing the shred cardio - I love the BL Cardio video - do you have it?

Hotmom - you'll get some exerize in today we all need some rest

I do have the cardio workout however I thought I would "change it up" :laugh: Never again. :noway:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    They might total my car because it's old... :cry:

That car is my baby. I cried yesterday like someone ran over my dog or something! Ugh this is no good. And neither insurance company can get ahold of the other people so that they can get the info they need to authorize me a rental. :ohwell: