Negative Reinforcement (Don't Read If You Cant Take It)

Options

Replies

• staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I used to be FAT :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: , but I did something about it! :wink: :wink: :wink: There was only one person in this world that could do something about it. And I did! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I have left the obese zone, but I am still overweight and I am working on changing that :smile:
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    I loved that post! I embraced the word and the description until I got sick and tired of being sick and tired (ALL THE TIME)! Totally agree with you. Realize it, accept it then change it....or not!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Tough Love is what I need <3
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    lol I like that attitude...

I am sexy

and I know it *I work out*
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm fat. Of course, I truly use the word "obese" to mean the same thing. Because all it means is "way too much body fat to be healthy." and "morbidly obese" is shorthand for "medical problems because of too much body fat for too many years."

It's not a euphemism. It's a medical term.

Me? I'm obese. Or fat. Same deal.

I agree with this. I am fat...and to me the word obese is not a euphamism for the same reason as the poster i quoted.
  • BeeEllie
    Options
    Obese, whalesque, rotund, flabby, hefty, carrying some fair timber, chunky, etc, etc, etc.

All means the same - Yep, Je suis un fatty!

But fact accepted and now working to be the opposite (well, a damn sight less fat anyhew!)

:happy:
  • almost350
    Options
    FAT mofo here! And I don't know why people think the word obese is less harsh or easier to deal with, but it aint especially when you live in East London and the people round here think the word is 'Obeast'!!

Either way, we are all here to change it!

good luck
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    good stuff man! "negative reinforcement" and tought love are the way to go to success! if you keep throwing pitty partys n whining ur going to get nowhere!!! life is tought and anything thats easy is not worth having!! so suck it up, quit whining and do what you got to do!!!

keep up the good work brother!

^^ this! Couldn't have put it better myself!
  • TWrecks1968
    TWrecks1968 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Amen brother!! I'm F***ing FAT and I'm working on it everyday!

THIS
  • victoria233
    Options
    pfffttt....I'm "pleasantly plump" bahaha jk

Good post though...bout time for some tough love <3
  • jflo2011
    jflo2011 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    O.K.- showing my age here- Remember that Weird Al parody song in the 80s..."FAT" (to the tune of "Michael Jackson's "Bad"). "I'm Fat, I'm Fat, I'm really,really fat..."
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Oh good I am glad too see people understood where I was going with this. I was waiting for the hate posts. I love motivation like this call me a masochist or don't but the sooner I realized that I was indeed fat, it motivated me to change it.

No hate post here............your piece was excellent and it is motivational..........I am fat, big, chunky or whatever you want to call it.....all I know is that when I look at myself in the mirror I was not happy, if I am not happy then the only one who can change that is ME no one else..........so that is what I decided to............CHANGE my life style.

Thanks to my friends here on MFP for all the encouragements...........makes us all family.
  • gusgrace06
    Options
    I know I'm fat, and it's my fault that I am, I was in the Army I knew how to stay fit. Though I do love it when I get asked if I'm pregnant, and I have to reply "no I'm just fat" they are so scared that they offended me. I will tell the truth, it does hurt but I know whta I am, and why I am this way.
  • elysia81
    Options
    Completely agree, but there is something entirely different telling a child/teen who is still adjusting to their bodies that they are fat compared to an adult who understands that being fat is something they need to accept to be willing to change.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Most people join this site because they're fat, period. Shilly shallying around that fact with euphemisms like "big boned" "curvy" is not going to help people accept it and take responsibility for dealing with it. Me, I prefer to call a spade a bloody shovel and be done with it.

I got fat because over the course of a week I was eating more than I actually needed - I was fully aware of that, and aware that it was only me who was to blame and only me who could fix it.

I joined this site after finding the app on my phone to track my exercise, but the reason I was increasing my exercise was that I was fat.

In fact I was so fat, I was only a few pounds from being clinically obese.

No idea why people try and hide from the reality, clearly they realise they're fat or they wouldn't be here trying to do something about it!
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am fat. Fatty McFatso. That's why i'm here. To change that!

Hi Fatty McFatso! My name is Flabby McFlabberson. Nice to meet you! :laugh:

HI, you two! Pleasure to meet you as well! Fattie Bo Battie here :laugh: :laugh:

Not for long....
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    So, I got a new Dr. who directed me to this site near the first of December. She called me fat. She said I have 3 chins (I only have two btw). She pointed out my huge arms, my extra rolly thighs and my huge belly. Yep I was shocked. But I was with a Dr. before her who never, not once, told me the truth. I love my new Dr. When I went to see her Tuesday and I had lost 9 lbs she called me fat again but high fived me this time. She is a cool Dr, Sometimes being called fat is a good thing. Now, if someone does it out of hate that is a different story.
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    O.K.- showing my age here- Remember that Weird Al parody song in the 80s..."FAT" (to the tune of "Michael Jackson's "Bad"). "I'm Fat, I'm Fat, I'm really,really fat..."

::Giggles:: I'm a Weird Al fanatic! Have you ever heard 'Grapefruit Diet' (to the tune of Zoot Suit Riot)? I play these all the time to keep myself motivated (good beats for dancing too ^_~)

Yup, I'm a regular Fatty McFatFat. My BMI is 41 - healthy would be 22. So I LITERALLY need to be half the woman I am to be considered healthy. But I'll tell you one thing: come next year, I fully intend to be closer to the 22 than to the 41! I've resolved to make 2012 my *kitten*, even if it KILLS me! ^_^

P.S. Heard an AWESOME quote I now have on my fridge: "What's it gonna be: Reasons or Results?"
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is MassiveDelta; and I am Fat