Girls... Is muscle a turn off?

Options

Replies

• onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    So upon talking with most of the girls I know around 90% of them say that lean muscle and a guy having rippling abs is just pure gross!!!

I somehow think that these girls re misguided and just are not used to seeing a well built guy...

Do the girls here agree?? If not what is your ideal guy??

I know that there is more to a guy than a 'hot body' and that his personality plays a huge role... But who wouldnt want a guy with a hot body?? Am I right???

Ummm yep I think you are right..... I love abs...especially the V. Well build and defined are great too and definatley get my attention. However they are not necessary at the same time, if he has a great bod but a horrible personality it doesn't matter how built he is....he is still an as*hole.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I might be in the minority on this one but I love a muscular guy. Somebody who can pick me up and pin me to the wall. :blushing: Skinny guys scare me, I'm afraid of breaking them.

Confidence and personality play a big role too. Have the confidence to come and talk to me. And the personality to keep me interested. Looks matter less at that point but I'm honest enough to say they play a role.
  • AnitraWill
    Options
    You said it Best!!!
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    This is amazing.

joe-manganiello-us-weekly-7-julio-del-2010-L-1.jpg

A-fricken-men!!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Lean and toned is desirable, even muscular to a point, but not if the chap in question spends more time in the gym creating the muscle than doing anything else, and definitely not if that's all he's capable of thinking/talking about. Obsessive behaviour is never attractive, nor (to me) is excessive muscle - gently defined, yes, "ripped" , no thank you. Narcissism is a definite turn-off, and there's a big difference between taking care of yourself and spending hours a day in the gym.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I might be in the minority on this one but I love a muscular guy. Somebody who can pick me up and pin me to the wall. :blushing: Skinny guys scare me, I'm afraid of breaking them.

Confidence and personality play a big role too. Have the confidence to come and talk to me. And the personality to keep me interested. Looks matter less at that point but I'm honest enough to say they play a role.

My boyfriend is skinny (5'11" and 155 or so pounds) but he's one of the strongest men I have ever known. I mean, you really wouldn't look at him and think so, but he is!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    This is amazing.

A-fricken-men!!

Interesting - for me, this is the upper end of what I consider attractive - it's almost too much. Just as well we all find different things appealing!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't love this guy?

heretothere.jpg
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Its good to see what girls actually think about it all... I will be honest and say it is shallow to only look at someone for their defined physique as there is more to someone then how their body looks, but I do have to say that it shows that the guy takes pride in himself and that he looks after himself...

But being huge and muscular beyond natural physiques just looks utter ridiculous ..

this is more the physique I am looking to achieve

x1300833982sweat_equity_rob_riches-807.jpg

YUM!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Its good to see what girls actually think about it all... I will be honest and say it is shallow to only look at someone for their defined physique as there is more to someone then how their body looks, but I do have to say that it shows that the guy takes pride in himself and that he looks after himself...

But being huge and muscular beyond natural physiques just looks utter ridiculous ..

this is more the physique I am looking to achieve

x1300833982sweat_equity_rob_riches-807.jpg

Very hot!
  • Legalchica
    Options
    This is amazing.

A-fricken-men!!

at this point my clothes are taking themselves off!!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    According to bb.com woman choose their life partners in the following order:

Confidence> Money > Looks > Height

How true that is I don't know....sucks to be a shy poor ugly manlet lol

Hilarious!!!!

More like

Height> Confidence >Looks >Money

Height is a complete and total deal breaker for me. Or was, when I dated.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options

Height> Confidence >Looks >Money

Height is a complete and total deal breaker for me. Or was, when I dated.

I am screwed then I am short :(
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Matthew McConaughey, Taylor Lautner, Ryan Reynolds, Dwayne Johnson, etc... YOWZA!!! :love:

Arnold Schwartzenegger/PROFESSIONAL body builder types not so much. :noway:

Also, I think a guy can look fantastic, but have a lousy personality/attitude/air of superiority which makes him unattractive. Keep in mind, too, that, as a rule, women are more insecure about their looks than men (whether they want to admit it or not), so some of the reasons women site muscles as a turnoff has more to do with their insecurities about dating men who (in their mind) are in a more attractive class of people than they are. I know, I've been there. It takes alot of confidence and an attitude of self acceptance to date someone who turns heads everywhere they go...and that goes for BOTH sexes.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I think if they're too ripped it gets gross. I personally like it when they have strength, I like when my man can pick me up and make me feel tiny :)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    This is amazing.

If only he didn't have facial hair. Otherwise, that's pretty close to perfection :)
  • Aerodynamicism
    Options
    I don't like muscle, even standard muscular guys like Taylor Lautner are a turn off for me. Aside from the aesthetics of muscle definition being just gross, I find it vain and off putting that someone would put so much effort into their appearance. I know that seems pretty hypocritical being a member of a fitness website but that's just how I feel regarding the opposite sex. I like men who are naturally attractive. As in, don't need to manipulate any part of their appearance in order to be hot. Face is the biggest decider for me on whether or not I find someone attractive, looks-wise.

But, that's just my personal opinion.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I don't like muscle, even standard muscular guys like Taylor Lautner are a turn off for me. Aside from the aesthetics of muscle definition being just gross, I find it vain and off putting that someone would put so much effort into their appearance. I know that seems pretty hypocritical being a member of a fitness website but that's just how I feel regarding the opposite sex. I like men who are naturally attractive. As in, don't need to manipulate any part of their appearance in order to be hot. Face is the biggest decider for me on whether or not I find someone attractive, looks-wise.

But, that's just my personal opinion.

Every little thing we do basically manipulates our appearance.:tongue:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    This is amazing.

This picture confirms without a shadow of a doubt that I am not gay (not that there's anything wrong with being gay mind...)

I must be the only person on this thread who is far more interested in the strapline than the pic which says "The 6 foot 5 actor works out twice a day, six days a week." With that amount of effort he deserves that physique.

Also, I like how at the beginning of the thread lots of women said that they wouldn't want someone who lives in the gym but presented with the evidence of what that achieves the jaws (and the underwear I'm guessing) started dropping soon enough...
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    That Brad Pitt look is pretty nice, but I think I like it more because he is covered in blood and looks a little crazy

<
    weirdo