For all the *actual* dog lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I LOVE dogs and we have 3. :smile:

This is Gracie. She ran out of time at the humane society, but a no-kill shelter took her in and she spent several months there. We adopted her 3 years ago She's been a challenge and it's clear that she's been abused in the past, but she's a happy girl now! In this first picture, she had an eye deformity, but has since had surgery and it no longer bothers her.
    NLIHQ.jpg
    shWfrl.jpg

This is Ellie, my 85 lb lap dog, we adopted 2 years ago. She was one of my foster dogs who completely stole my heart! She had a very bad case of mange and was going to be euthanized at the humane society. She's the sweetest dog I've ever met!
    eCOJ9l.jpg
    XTjWwl.jpg

This is Toby. He was also one of my foster dogs. He was in 3 different homes, the humane society, and a no-kill shelter before he came to us. He's a very stubborn little man, but he cracks me up! We adopted him 2 years ago.
    VtdVNl.jpg
    iaxnml.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    These pictures are awesome! Thanks to the OP for posting this thread!

And to all of you who foster and/or adopt...THANK YOU FOR SAVING A LIFE!!! :heart:

PS - Please spay and neuter your pets. There aren't enough homes for them all! :flowerforyou:
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have a Golden Retriever named Kirby, 1 1/2 years old. She is my walking partner. We are up to 3 miles everyday. Keeping her slim and fit is the best motivation I have ever had to get myself back into shape.
  • mrsfeuer
    mrsfeuer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a Great Dane, Max. We used to have two. He got me through a miscarriage, D&C and the death of our other Dane all in the same week last year. Without him through the years I don't know where I would honestly be. He drives me nuts sometimes, but I love him to death.
  • FitDC
    FitDC Posts: 63
    Options
    Did you know 2 or more pets = a pack! I have a sweet blond lab mix who is a good protector (loud), but gentle as a lamb. She is always happy to see me and never holds a grudge. I also have a cat. The dog likes to stay inside, the cat, Jacks is the outdoorsman.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I love my fur babies. I have Snickers, who is a pomeranian with the attitude of a big dog and Sophie, an English Mastiff who is ruled by said pomeranian. I have never seen such a laid back dog as the mastiff breed. They are quite something, but don't mess with her people. She will not tolerate that.

We also have a cat that likes to beat Snickers up, she is not very nice. She takes a few swipes at Sophie too, but gives up a little easier with her! Doesn't take her long to figure out that dog could eat her very easily!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I just brought my Australian, Kitti, back in from a romp out in our first snowfall of the winter. She loves to play "catch" with snowballs, but gets a totally perplexed look on her face when she catches a snowball in her mouth and it turns into just a mouthful of snow (I don't pack them very much).
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I just brought my Australian, Kitti, back in from a romp out in our first snowfall of the winter. She loves to play "catch" with snowballs, but gets a totally perplexed look on her face when she catches a snowball in her mouth and it turns into just a mouthful of snow (I don't pack them very much).

:laugh:

:happy: ball ball ball.........:noway: where's my ball??:huh: :grumble: :grumble:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    These pictures are awesome! Thanks to the OP for posting this thread!

And to all of you who foster and/or adopt...THANK YOU FOR SAVING A LIFE!!! :heart:

PS - Please spay and neuter your pets. There aren't enough homes for them all! :flowerforyou:

:love: Thanks OP!!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    We have a pitmix (photo) that was tied to a tree for 2 years before I rescued him. He is the sweetest most gentle dog we have ever owned. Our other 2 are boxers ages 6 and 10 and both are total clowns and live to play with 'cuz' balls!
    All of them are family members which include lots of homecooked meals and sleeping in the bed. I say we are the humans owned by the dogs and I would not have it any other way.
    Totally blessed with dog hair all over my house:)
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    shWfrl.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw

Reminded me of this. When I am down I go watch this video:laugh: :laugh:
  • cba4994
    cba4994 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    IMG_0598.jpg

Our puppy

Awww super adorable!!
    I am crazy about Bassets, how cute!!
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options

YES! That dog reminds me of Gracie and that is my all time favorite video!!! :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

YES! That dog reminds me of Gracie and that is my all time favorite video!!! :happy:

OH nooooooo! :laugh: :laugh:
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    IMG_0598.jpg

Our puppy

CUTE!! Those ears are awesome!! :laugh:
  • SARBelgians
    SARBelgians Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I see there are lots of "groups" on the forum. Any dog groups or dog circles to join? I've got 3 dogs: two Belgian Tervuren and one Belgian Sheepdog (Groenendael).

Jillian

15449148.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I have one dog and one cat. My dog is a lab/irish setter mix, she is 3 years old and her name is Delilah. We just adopted her this past summer. She is a great dog, barks too much but other than that she is perfect! When I get home I will post a pic, I do have one in my pics here though if anyone wants to see her. :)

All of the dogs posted are adorable!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Bullmastiff and Daniff here
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love my guys they kept me going after my divorce. They do motivate me to take them for a walk everyday, but the rest of the time they make me lazy because they like to sleep in my lap all day.
  • mizzgreeneyedladyy
    Options
    Beautiful! Makes me miss my Dusty girl!

18kef9.jpg

1j9jpg.jpg

Rest in peace my beautiful baby girl.
    7/10/00 - 12/19/11

It's been a month without you, and you are dearly missed. You were the most loyal dog.
    You waited until everybody was home, before you took your last breath.
    Was one of the hardest days for me, but you will never be forgotten. <3