For all the *actual* dog lovers out there...

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• laceyslady
    laceyslady Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Love my boys, Sonny a terrier mix and Romeo a Silky terrier, both rescue dogs and kitty Sassy.
  • lvng_lf
    lvng_lf Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    <
    puppies born in "foster" care at my home last spring. The mom was surrendered to our local shelter by a breeder and she was too far along to do a humane elimation of the pregnancy by the time we discovered it. we decided to keep mom and the runt (now spayed and neutered). The kids really got attached. all the other lovies were adopted through our local shelter so the money went there. They join our other rescued dogs. never thought I'd have 4 dogs around for no other reason than to give them a home ;) They make me laugh everyday!:laugh:
  • ValReaves
    ValReaves Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Amen to that!
  • ladywolfkahn
    Options
    We have (gulp) 10 dogs and one cat. The two youngest are 2 yrs old and rat/chi mixes(personal dogs), the other 8 range from 10 yrs to 19 yrs (yes 19). I foster for a rescue group and give the seniors that no one wants a place to live out their lives. If they get adopted thats great but its fine if they stay. I never do more than 10 total and they must be small breeds. the 8 are as follows: a mini yorkie (3.5pounds) to chihuahua's, a chiweenie to a peke a pom. My cat is a siamese/maine coon mix...looks like a siamese but HUGE like the MC...he is 15 pounds, about 5 pounds more than the biggest furkid here. They are all my babies and I always have one or 3 in lap while rest gather at my feet under my desk. I go anywhere inside or out in yard I feel like pied piper with them all tagging along behind me. I love it. No outfit is complete without a little dog hair on it. :-)
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love my dogs. I have two that are my own. One is a australian shepard mix and the other is a cocker spaniel mix. I have to fosters too. One is a lab/newfie mix and the other is a shepard/beagle mix. My life is all about the animals. I work at an animal shelter and I'm the Animal Control Officer for a town. I also love cats but only have one of those :) I couldn't imagine life without my furry babies.
  • piercedanatomy
    piercedanatomy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a 10 year old, anorexic, jumping bean, granny girl, black lab mix rescue with OCD. I love her greatly! She rarely barks (except when put her up and she feels left out), loves to "hug" (pushes her head into my side or between me and the couch), and LOVES to run. Poor girl I am too slow for her. I had a chihuahua a few years ago but he and my husband did not get along and we weren't a great fit as a family for him. I had to weigh my options, both dog and hubby made bills, but..........only hubby paid them. I found a recently retired widow who wanted a lap dog (my husband wouldn't let him sit with me and that's all he wanted to do so the dog would pee on his uniform sleeves and other things. Secretly I laughed) and knew he would be much happier with her.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    If it should be that I grow weak and pain should keep me from my sleep. Then you should do what must be done, for this last battle cannot be won. You will be sad, I understand. Don’t let the grief then stray your hand. For this day more than all the rest, your love for me must stand the test. We’ve had so many happy years – what is to come can hold no fears. You don’t want me to suffer so; the time has come to let me go. Take me where my needs they’ll tend. Please stay with me until the end. Hold me firm & speak to me, until my eyes no longer see. I know in time that you will see the kindness that you did for me. Although my tail its last has waved, from the pain & suffering I’ve been saved. Please do not grieve; it must be you who has this painful thing to do. We’ve been so close these years – don’t let your heart hold back its tears.

This is for the greatest dog that we have ever had. He was the best watch dog, the best cuddle buddy, the most lovable BIG bunch of fur, had the best temperament & was great with the kids. I still miss him every day & it's hard to believe that our Siberian Husky has been gone for almost 10 years.
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I like dogs, but I can't eat a whole one
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    If it should be that I grow weak and pain should keep me from my sleep. Then you should do what must be done, for this last battle cannot be won. You will be sad, I understand. Don’t let the grief then stray your hand. For this day more than all the rest, your love for me must stand the test. We’ve had so many happy years – what is to come can hold no fears. You don’t want me to suffer so; the time has come to let me go. Take me where my needs they’ll tend. Please stay with me until the end. Hold me firm & speak to me, until my eyes no longer see. I know in time that you will see the kindness that you did for me. Although my tail its last has waved, from the pain & suffering I’ve been saved. Please do not grieve; it must be you who has this painful thing to do. We’ve been so close these years – don’t let your heart hold back its tears.

This is for the greatest dog that we have ever had. He was the best watch dog, the best cuddle buddy, the most lovable BIG bunch of fur, had the best temperament & was great with the kids. I still miss him every day & it's hard to believe that our Siberian Husky has been gone for almost 10 years.

:cry: