THE Team Week 6 - 3/13/09 to 3/19/09

Options

Replies

• chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Kristi - It is fine, my bf still eats meat!!

Li4g - I love portobellos! You could let them marinate for 15 mins, in a couple tsps (depends on how many) of balsamic vinegar, a bit of olive oil mixed well in, and some spices (basil, etc), and then grill them (about 5 minutes each side or 8 with a double sided girl), and baste them with left over marinade while grilling. Make a sandwich, burger, or a pita (yum!) with them....they are yummy! My fav pita is light herb & garlic cream cheese + sun dried tomato pesto(drools), and thinly sliced red pepper, some grilled portobellos (how ever many fit, or a bit one cut up), and some spinach. If I use the thick pitas I grill them sort of like a panini! Hope that works for you.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Li4g - I love portobellos! You could let them marinate for 15 mins, in a couple tsps (depends on how many) of balsamic vinegar, a bit of olive oil mixed well in, and some spices (basil, etc), and then grill them (about 5 minutes each side or 8 with a double sided girl), and baste them with left over marinade while grilling. Make a sandwich, burger, or a pita (yum!) with them....they are yummy! My fav pita is light herb & garlic cream cheese + sun dried tomato pesto(drools), and thinly sliced red pepper, some grilled portobellos (how ever many fit, or a bit one cut up), and some spinach. If I use the thick pitas I grill them sort of like a panini! Hope that works for you.

Omg! Thank you!!! Thats an awesome idea!! Im drooling just thinking about lunch tomorrow.. LOL!! Gonna have to hit the store for a couple things.. but well worth it!! I need a change from what I have been eating and I finished off the soup I made a couple days ago. :bigsmile: Thanks again!! Hopefully its not pouring down rain tomorrow so I can use the grill.. LOL

Oh wait... I can use the foreman right?? That would be even cooler!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You guys are killing me with all the tofurky-turduckin talk!! :laugh: :laugh: And Kristi - I swear you make me laugh soooooo hard - I LOVE your posts!!

Li4g - I had baby bella's tonight - just sauteed them with a little light soy- they were delicious!!!!

My daughter and her bf came for dinner (angus roast, mushrooms, broccoli, salad, whole wheat bread - and strawberry shortcake for dessert mmm) and we had a blast ~ after dinner we played a game called "Curses" that the bf had given us for Christmas and it was hysterical!! There are all these cards that you have to act out (like demonstrate and explain how to shave a cat, or tell everyone a bed time story etc) and you also have curses - like your arms are only one inch long so you have to keep your wrists on your chest, or you have to talk like there's a golf ball in your mouth, or you have to clap twice and say "attention class" before everything you say -- anyway, I laughed so hard I could not breathe!! Had to have burned 500 calories!! I highly recommend this game!

cm - thanks for translating stillkristi's big words! Is your camera still working? Just wondering...

nita ~ prayers of thanksgiving that Kole is on the mend again ~ and prayers too for continued healing and strength:heart:
  • chantybear
    Options

Omg! Thank you!!! Thats an awesome idea!! Im drooling just thinking about lunch tomorrow.. LOL!! Gonna have to hit the store for a couple things.. but well worth it!! I need a change from what I have been eating and I finished off the soup I made a couple days ago. :bigsmile: Thanks again!! Hopefully its not pouring down rain tomorrow so I can use the grill.. LOL

Oh wait... I can use the foreman right?? That would be even cooler!!

No problem!!:smile: Oh yes, use can definitely use the foreman, I used my indoor grill!

Wow.. it started out as such a good day after snowshoeing, but I ate and ate, and drank beer (light) gahh I did like 2100 calories+ frickkk, well tomorrow is a new day to kick butt right?..well I guess technically today:smile:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone..

Kole made it through the night. They collapsed his small lung so that he stops using it.. They took him off the ventilator and put him on an osalator?? Sorry spelling... He is a fighter. They almost lost him last night :cry: but as of today he is improving. The Dr. said he is going uphill... His intestines are inside now. When they did the surgery they discovered his colon had been punctured by the stitches and thats what caused him to go downhill so fast. They repaired that.. They said after they get the infection under control they should be able to hold him for the first time.. Something to look forward too. Please still lots of prayers....

Tonight we are going to dinner for my daughter in laws birthday... She wants to go to Macaroni Gill. I looked it up and they have a skinny chicken dish for under 500 calories... so I am having that with a side salad with fat free dressing that they also serve.. I am going prepared....

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend..

We spent 3 mos in NICU with our son. It will be up and down like this the entire time. Keep your sights on the BIG successes - making it thru surgery, etc. and try not to ride the rollercoaster downhill. If he's in a good NICU they can do amazing things. And these kids pop up and down like prairie dogs, you have to try to not ride each up and down or it can drive you crazy.

He looks good, and strong!! Very pink and healthy compared to a lot of babies I have seen. Just keep the prayers going his way, and give him all the strength you can!!
  • adopt4
    Options

I have 1 crableg left from yesterday's trip to costco and some salmon in the freezer so Im gonna attempt to make some crab stuffed salmon for dinner. Might as well eat good... just me tonight again.. LOL

I will be right over!

I'm with you on the BBQ, though I am not that good at it yet.
    But, this summer, I am going to master the mysteries!BBQSmiley.gif

LOL Come on over.. I have so much left over!! Enough for the next 2 nights at least!! I totally winged the stuffed salmon and it turned out perfect!!

I used a big salmon filet, probably about 1.5 pounds. I had got a huge filet at costco and cut it up for the freezer. So I pulled out the smallest one I had and it was still huge. Anyway, thawed that out, then used a sharp knife to cut 1/2 way down the center, lengthwise, then fileted it from the center and opened it up with the edges still attached. Sprayed a glass baking dish with pam nonstick spray and put the fish in. Preheated the oven to 400. Then I made the stuffing, trying to copy the type of stuff they serve at newport bay, the only real difference from what I could tell is I didnt use shrimp and thiers was a bit more cheesy......totally winged it!!...

I had one 1/2 pound alaskan king crableg so I shelled it and pulled out all the meat making sure there were no shell pieces. Shredded it up and put it on the saucepan on the stove. Added the following:

3oz of fat free cream cheese
    3 tblsp grated parmesan cheese
    3 tblsp progresso italian style breadcrumbs
    1 tsp dried dill

Mixed it all together over medium low heat until the cheese was melty and everything was combined.
    Opened up the salmon and blobbed the mixture down the middle, then folded the sides over the top as best I could. Shouldnt be able to close it all the way.

Sprinkle salmon with garlic salt, lawrys seasoning salt and a little bit of pepper, drizzle with fresh squeezed lemon. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until salmon is cooked through at the thickest part.

THEN.... I made a lemon dill hollandaise sauce to go with it. 1 packet of knorr hollandaise sauce mix.. prepare as directed on package. When done, add 1 tsp dried dill and the juice from 1/2 a small lemon. Stir to combine.

I steamed some asparagus to go with it, which went great with the sauce too. :)

Bon Appetite!

As for BBQing, I have alot of GREAT ideas if you truely wanna master that grill. Are you using charcoal or gas??

You invite her over?? and not me?? and I only live 5 mins away...:sad:

Man that sounds good.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

I have 1 crableg left from yesterday's trip to costco and some salmon in the freezer so Im gonna attempt to make some crab stuffed salmon for dinner. Might as well eat good... just me tonight again.. LOL

I will be right over!

I'm with you on the BBQ, though I am not that good at it yet.
    But, this summer, I am going to master the mysteries!BBQSmiley.gif

LOL Come on over.. I have so much left over!! Enough for the next 2 nights at least!! I totally winged the stuffed salmon and it turned out perfect!!

I used a big salmon filet, probably about 1.5 pounds. I had got a huge filet at costco and cut it up for the freezer. So I pulled out the smallest one I had and it was still huge. Anyway, thawed that out, then used a sharp knife to cut 1/2 way down the center, lengthwise, then fileted it from the center and opened it up with the edges still attached. Sprayed a glass baking dish with pam nonstick spray and put the fish in. Preheated the oven to 400. Then I made the stuffing, trying to copy the type of stuff they serve at newport bay, the only real difference from what I could tell is I didnt use shrimp and thiers was a bit more cheesy......totally winged it!!...

I had one 1/2 pound alaskan king crableg so I shelled it and pulled out all the meat making sure there were no shell pieces. Shredded it up and put it on the saucepan on the stove. Added the following:

3oz of fat free cream cheese
    3 tblsp grated parmesan cheese
    3 tblsp progresso italian style breadcrumbs
    1 tsp dried dill

Mixed it all together over medium low heat until the cheese was melty and everything was combined.
    Opened up the salmon and blobbed the mixture down the middle, then folded the sides over the top as best I could. Shouldnt be able to close it all the way.

Sprinkle salmon with garlic salt, lawrys seasoning salt and a little bit of pepper, drizzle with fresh squeezed lemon. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until salmon is cooked through at the thickest part.

THEN.... I made a lemon dill hollandaise sauce to go with it. 1 packet of knorr hollandaise sauce mix.. prepare as directed on package. When done, add 1 tsp dried dill and the juice from 1/2 a small lemon. Stir to combine.

I steamed some asparagus to go with it, which went great with the sauce too. :)

Bon Appetite!

As for BBQing, I have alot of GREAT ideas if you truely wanna master that grill. Are you using charcoal or gas??

You invite her over?? and not me?? and I only live 5 mins away...:sad:

Man that sounds good.

LOL See what ya get for leaving me at the gym yesterday?? :laugh: :laugh: :noway: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
    Seriously, I have 2 big pieces left if you wanna come over and eat some with me for lunch today or dinner tonight. I cant eat both by myself and the kids probably wont want it when they get home tomorrow. Besides.. I wanna eat some portabella pita's before those mushrooms go bad. You might end up with 1/2 that container too since I know you guys likem and my kids wont touch them. I have the little ones from noon-9 tonight but if the baby is easily entertained today and in a better mood than yesterday maybe we can play some cards or something. He was gassy and fussy yesterday no matter what I did... maybe he'll sleep alot today cuz he sure didnt sleep much yesterday.. :cry:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I didnt have a chance to get to the gym today. Hubby got ahold of me on the phone and wants me to start searching for houses down there. Aparently he really likes it there! Im going down the 2nd week of April to see the area myself so he wants to look at some houses and check out schools so if he finds something good, I can see it while Im there.

Anyway I DID try out the new workout video I got at Costco for $10. Its the Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk. What I didnt know, was that you can choose anywhere from 1 to 5 miles and it has a stretching cooldown workout too. Each mile is 12 minutes and you can choose how many miles you want to walk from the start depending on how much time you have. I did the 4th & 5th mile workout with very little effort but boy am I sweating!!! I mean... dripping! It was really easy too, VERY low impact but really gets ya going and there were really only 4 basic moves (which was great cuz Im so uncoordinated..lol). The music is ok and leslie isnt corny like most of the other videos Ive seen.

Anyone else tried her video's? I may look for more since I really liked this one! I see she has walk away the abs one (god knows I could use that! :embarassed: ) It was actually pretty nice being able to do this at home. Could wear just my tank with no shirt and not worry about where I was buldging.. LOLOL!
  • adopt4
    Options
    OK I need help you guys. I'm out of ideas here. I wake up every morning with a stiff lower back/hips and it's painful. Working out doesn't help but it does make it worse sometimes. All I do is walk the treadmill or do the elliptical - not too much working out! I stretch out before and after. I've tried yoga. We have a roughly 6 mo old mattress that was fine before I started working out or roughly that time period. So what the heck can I do?? Sometimes I can barely walk down the stairs after walking the treadmill for 40 mins at a slow pace. I'm just not sure what the deal is.

I thought it would get better by working out (have had problems with it in the past) but it's not! HELP!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    adopt4 - I was having the exact problem and a friend told me I should try wearing an elastic band for back support when I'm walking - I got the kind that is about 8 inches wide and velcros shut - they only cost about 6 to 10 bucks - I don't like that they make my middle sweat sooooo much, so I wear it over a tank top under my t-shirt. It made a HUGE difference in my low back/hip area and I highly recommend it. My dh even got one. I have belly weight which I think stresses my lower spine, this belt helps support the belly AND the back - terrific!:bigsmile:
  • smontoya1
    smontoya1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi Team - I've been lost but been found by CMR! I fell off big time :mad: and got really discouraged but I really want to lose that last 20 pounds so here I start again...it's a new day, I'm thankful that everyday can mean a new beginning :happy:

Good luck everyone!

119572.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • smontoya1
    smontoya1 Posts: 39
    Options
    OK I need help you guys. I'm out of ideas here. I wake up every morning with a stiff lower back/hips and it's painful. Working out doesn't help but it does make it worse sometimes. All I do is walk the treadmill or do the elliptical - not too much working out! I stretch out before and after. I've tried yoga. We have a roughly 6 mo old mattress that was fine before I started working out or roughly that time period. So what the heck can I do?? Sometimes I can barely walk down the stairs after walking the treadmill for 40 mins at a slow pace. I'm just not sure what the deal is.

I thought it would get better by working out (have had problems with it in the past) but it's not! HELP!!

How long do you stretch for? Stretching for 5 to 10 minutes might be fine for a pre-workout, especially if you start your exercise off slow to warm your muscles. Post-workout, you might want to try spending at least 20 minutes on doing deep stretches. I usually spend 30 minutes after cardio or weight training for stretches and ab exercise. Just a suggestion....I'm not sure what's causing your stiffness but I hope it get's better and don't let it discourage you! Keep us posted.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Welcome Back smontoya!! Every day IS a new day....I just hope tomorrow weather is better than todays!! What a nasty, yucky, cant make up its mind if its gonna rain, blow, hail or be sunny day... LOL

Chanty- I made your protabella pita with some of the vegetable garden cream cheese. I grilled up some Yellow bell peppers and threw those in too. Didnt have any sundried tomatoes, so I used some canned fire roasted ones. It turned out very good!! Kinda reminded me of a veggie fajita! Love the mushrooms marinated that way... Thanks so much again for the recipe!

Adopt4, my back is a bit sore today too. Not sure if its from lifting 14lb moose baby for the past 3 days or if maybe I kicked a little too high when I was doing the walking workout. Either way...its tender so Ive been being pretty careful today. If it doesnt feel better in the AM, Im gonna skip the treadmill and elliptical and go swim. Let the jacuzzi jets work on it for bit. We'll see.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    BTW... forgot to mention that I tested my BMI on the little thingy at the gym yesterday and its reading 29.8! MFP says the same!! woohoo!!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

mmmmm.. I am really liking the panini idea! You could grill a variety of vegies, like asparagus, zucchini, and those lovely mushrooms - roast some red peppers, toss it all on some whole wheat bread with a slice of provalone cheese! WOW, I'm all excited!

I am catching up on what you all have been doing, because my internet has been down all day!!! :grumble: I got my food posted so at least that is done. It might die any time on me. Wretched thing. So, hopefully, after I read more posts, I will be back, as they say in the movies. And, lulu, I live to make you laugh! Seriously.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    chanty, we will have to call you chanty beer instead of chanty bear! :wink: Hey, I had your cauliflower rice again. Mmmmmm! This time, I tossed in some snap peas, carrots celery and onion with a few shrimp. Spice wise, I added ginger powder, garlic powder, and a little bit of cyenne pepper. Put iit over a bed of miracle noodles. It was great!

adopt4, here's the thing about inviting me to dinner, the chance I will actually show up is slim! You, on the other hand - well, you know where she lives! :wink: Regarding the back pain, I like smontoyas idea - stretching! Also, treat yourself to a soak in the hot tub or sauna or whatever at the gym. Lulu's giant rubberband sounds uncomfortable, but probably effective. I wonder if they have them for we full figure girls? (I mean me, as the full figure type) Lulu, perhaps more sweating is good? I seem to remember somewhere back in the 1980s or early 1990s you could buy plastic workout suits. The idea was extra sweating = more weight loss! I bought one in keeping with my practice (former practice! ) of buying every stupid weight loss gimick there is as long as it is guaranteed to NOT help you lose any weight. The trouble with that plastic workout suit was it made you feel like you were wearing a giant pair of plastic pants. :noway: gaak!

smontoya, hi, I don't think we've met yet! I'm Kristi. Hope to get to know you better!

Well, the modem seems to be working ok for a few minutes. For a change. Nice to catch up with you all!
  • chantybear
    Options
    Li4g -Glad you liked it:smile:

Kristi - No that is okay, I am trying not to drink for a while. Glad you like the recipe!

Oh wow we bought DDR X tonight, it has a workout mode, and it is really fun! It tells you how many calories you have burned, and I probably burned around 200, I am working up a sweat!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I am LOLing at the image of the adult plastic britches...:laugh: Those sweat suit thingys scare me!! I was hanging up my stuff to step into the sauna at the gym about a week ago, and this chick was trying to weasel her way out of one of those plastic, full sleeved sweatshirt type suits. She had sweat so much in it, she had to peel herself out it and once she got it over her head it snapped and all this sweat went flying up into her face :sick: It was SO gross! All I kept thinking was... "better her than me!" Then, she hangs it up on the hook next to my stuff and steps in the sauna to sweat some more. I just dont get it... why would that be beneficial?

Im excited. The kids come home tomorrow after school. This has been the dullest weekend! I had little ones here (1 age 4 and a baby 4mo) Friday, Sat & Today from 12-9pm. I got a TON of cleaning done, especially since I was by myself after 9. The only time Ive sat today is when I posted to the group, so I have been a very busy girl making up for lost gym time. Im gonna go get a hrm tomorrow so I can at least know how many calories the walking video burns. Would also be nice to know how many I actually burn in a day.

On the upside... I have been VERY good with my eating this weekend. It was hard, but not. I just made sure there was nothing available in the fridge and freezer to get in trouble with and swore I would not spend the money to go out to eat at ALL! I have been utilizing my iced tea maker because drinking water is too hard for me right now. I think Im just bored with it. I make plain natural green tea and use no sweetener at all then water it down. It goes down like water, but has a flavor and isnt sweet. Ive drank 6 quarts of it since friday.. :laugh: So at least Im getting my water in somehow.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    I felt bad yesterday cuz I felt like I ate way to much even though I didnt go over my calories.. I just felt horible.. I had that baby shower yesterday and I didnt think I was eating alot I just put a small spoon of broccoli salad, small spoon of pasta salad, taco salad, and 7 carrots.. and i peice of this desert it was angle food cake with cool whip and stawberry jello with fresh stawberrys on top then I half of bowl of chicken chilli soup.. I ate very small portions and I felt horible. I felt like I cheated then i put everything in the computer and I still had a lot to go.. so I ate a slice of pizza last night for dinner.. and then I felt like crap cuz I dont eat bread very much and it mad my belly hurt... but I didnt go over my calories I just felt guilty about the pizza thing and the way my belly hurt after...although i am glad I got to the gym before I went to the baby shower...

Well on another note I am going to the dr. tonight on for my follow up sleep study, 2nd is cuz my back is hurting my so bad...3rd is I found a small bump/lump under my armpit, it is small but it hurts to touch so I want to get it checked out... I am going to the gym this morning but its not going to be a really heavy workout like I have been doing : - { :ohwell: I am just parying that everything is okay..

Sheila
  • adopt4
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions with my back. I am NOT stretching out enough if that's what you're supposed to do. It could also be that because I'm losing weight in strange places, my body is literally off balance from before, and that's why it hurts... ya think? Or am I just wishful thinking?

Man I am cranky today. Even though I've gone to the gym and burned at least 400 cal/day, sometimes 600+, and have been at least 200 under my cals every day... I have gotten to eat some things that I usually don't get to, like pizza and wings, but again, I was still way under calories that day (I was aorund 1600 for the day, didn't eat most of my workout calories)... I've gained 2 pounds since Thurs! Talk about depressing! Don't know if I"m bloating, or because my back/hips hurt that I'm retaining water or something, TOM, or if because I've eaten some "heartier" food than I've had the last few months if my body is turning it into fat?? I don't see how that can be when I"m under cals for the day, it's possible MFP is way off on calories for things like tri-tip and king crab legs, since we bought them at Costco and they have no nutrition info on them... I just don't know know but it's depressing! (I know, I know, that's what I get for weighing every day!)