Husband left me because of weight. NEW motivation.

Options

Replies

• missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Damn, that's pretty cold. I understand partners becoming unattracted, but to leave you after you were showing progress? Sounds like there were deeper issues than just your weight. Anyway, congrats on the progress you've made so far! Not to sound cliche, but this is about YOU! If he couldn't be patient with your weight loss journey when you were obviously trying, he's not worth it (in my opinion). Good for you that you're back in the saddle and trying to get on with your life. You should feel proud! Keep up the good work. =)
  • mrsrobinson13
    Options
    My ex-husband used the same excuse when he cheated on me and left me. He did it right after I had lost a lot of weight. Your weight is not really the issue, he's just all screwed up. Just get out there and do the best you can to become healthly for you! I wish you the best of luck!
  • Rockstar_sister
    Rockstar_sister Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    He didn't deserve you!! You go this!! You can do it on your own with the strength and encouragement from them. He didn't deserve you. You deserve MORE!!
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I cannot even believe that came out of his mouth. Everything he said and did was clearly inexcusable. I'd be happy to support you into making him regret it by looking fabulous in every way! (I'm petty and believe in looking as good a physically possible as a big ol' F you :D )

Good luck on your journey. I don't log very often but I like to think I know what I'm doing exercise-wise, if you want some help with that :)
  • briocktj
    briocktj Posts: 128
    Options
    "If he didn't love you at your worst, he doesn't deserve you at your best." I LOVE THIS STATEMENT!!! So true!!!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    It is a good thing he is gone. You don't deserve to be treated that way. You have a terrific outlook and I know that you can and will lose the weight. Cutting back is the way to go. The food diary will help track where the calories, etc. are coming from.
  • grace1611
    Options
    Hi I am with Conchita7 But do this for you.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    He didn't cheat because you gained weight, he cheated because he's a selfish putz and the "you gained weight" excuse was as good as any other.
  • moleighsmom
    moleighsmom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You just got rid of 180ish pounds of emotional baggage that was weighing you down. You are off to a great start. Now go find that woman that you know you can be!
  • AbimpyMoschino
    AbimpyMoschino Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What a complete jerk and idiot, i will add you now lovely..
  • scottRN
    scottRN Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well all I can say is it seems you lost about oh 150-200lbs of *kitten* already. Keep up the good work.
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow. You sound a lot like me and my ex. I was 190 when we got together then started to gain weight and got up to 235. He was a complete *kitten* to me. Verbally and physically abusive to me, as well as cheating on me. Blamed me because I got fat. I tried to lose weight but had little success. Finally after 3 1/2 years of that I finally got the guts to leave him.

I have a new guy that I have been with a little over a year. I am currently at 226 and trying to lose for our wedding in Oct. He supports me and makes me want to continue to exercise. He even works out with me. I just got the 30 Day Shred and am on L1D3. As well as I love the Wii Zumba 2. Great workouts that burn lots of cals in little time.

Just remember, its not about the guy. You have to do it for you. Find a guy that will love you how you are but one that will help you thru your change!
  • tammyraymo
    tammyraymo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Your weight wasn't the problem. He needed an excuse and your weight was what he used. Apparently, you didn't choose a good person and I'm sorry for you for that. I'm not sorry you've decided to take control of your life and lose your weight but do it for YOU! not anyone else. Get healthy, & live longer with a partner that truly loves you.
  • Nikkiray32
    Options
    Awe... I am sorry you had to go through that experience. You didn't deserve that. I am so glad you are taking control and doing something for you. All you can do is move foward from here. You are doing great!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    sorry this happened to you. the support here is great. just take it one day at a time. u could do it
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Your weight was just his excuse for bad behavior. You go out and change for yourself, you already got rid of the worst part of the extra baggage! 2012 is yours!
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It sounds like to me that his behavior towards your weight is just a way to justify his cheating on you and leaving you. Since he put the blame on you, it allows him not to have to feel any guilt. You deserve better. I would say this is a fresh start to your life. Take this opportunity to work on you. Get healthy, go to school if you want and become the best person you can be. Find people around you who can relate to the struggles you have had and who can be encouraging rather than discouraging. Good luck in your journey.
  • MrsKunz
    MrsKunz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    OK this kinda happened to me:
    The love of my life years ago was very honest. I have always said please don't cheat be a man and be honest. If you feel like you could cheat or want to just leave. I'll be OK. And after 2.5 years he sat me down and said i'm so sorry i have to leave so of course devastated i had to know why. he wouldn't tell me for about a year exactly why but it came out he was honest that because i had gained so much weight (30lbs) while with him that he wasn't attracted to me but he didn't ever cheat he left first. As upset as i was i was OK i didn't stay upset long. I actually respected him more than i did when we were together.
    Honesty is always better but at least you are doing something about it. Good job!
  • MacThin
    Options
    I feel horrible for you an honestly, I think this is an excuse for him to allow his bad behaviour. You should keep going on your path, lose your weight as planned, not for him or for revenge but just for you, to show yourself that you can achieve your goals alone !
    Good luck !
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    He wasn't the right man for you. If he truly had loved you your weight wouldn't have been that big of an issue. He used that as an excuse. Ick. Find yourself a decent guy who isn't going to insult your weight. <3