when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• tonialeem
    Options
    I think both ends are attractive body types.....even though they're thin they still look fit, just slender. I don't see anything wrong with the thinner or curvier body type.
  • amande79
    Options
    it´s possible the clothes look great on those racks ...but stripp ´em down naked and I think most men would prefer the beautifull women ahead of those skinny girls.
    dieting gone wrong if you ask me and not at all healthy looking.
  • krishkake
    Options
    Every body is beautiful.
    I'm not in to body shaming.
    All of those girls seem to be happy where they are, and they are therefor beautiful.
    They might be slightly underweight, but to me they don't look like they have any sort of tragically unhealthy body.
    It's not fair to compare these girls, they're all different people with different lifestyles and different ideals and different ideas of what is attractive.
    If you don't think it's attractive then fine, but you don't have to share an image all over the internet and encourage others to publicly shame them.
    That's not right. That won't ever be right. No matter what size.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    293_2hendricks_christina_032509.jpg

OMG shes looking a little thick maybe someone needs to slap a cheesburer out of her hand!!Or tell her to step away from the Twinkes.

^^That is no diffrent than saying thin girls need to eat a burger ect ect
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Oh..not again. :laugh:
    and just because I'm so tired of seeing that Marilyn pic used in these comparisons -
    Marilyn M was tiny, the only time she was heavier was during Some Like it Hot - the pic that's used above. Her dresses were custom, not off the rack and almost all were 34" bust and 22" waist, the DRESS - not her body wearing a waist cincher or torpedo bra.
    Measurements and dress auctions - http://www.deepglamour.net/deep_glamour/2011/06/the-full-skinny-marilyn-monroe-was-tinyand-so-were-rita-hayworth-judy-garland-grace-kelly-barbra-str.html. I believe she was something like 5'4 and 115 pounds. In a Simplicity pattern from the 50s she'd need about a size 12/14 for her bust, a size 6 for her waist and a 10/12 for her hips.
    My 50s dresses and patterns are all size 8 or 10/12 yet in today's ready to wear clothing I'm a 0 or 2. Granted, I have to wear a padded torpedo bra to fill the bust darts, but still. :laugh:

marilyn+monroe.jpg

Love your post and the pic, NatalieM! :smile:
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    totally agree!
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I think so long as a body is a healthy body it's an attractive or "hot" body in it's own individual way.

But yea personal opinion, Elizabeth Taylor was gorgeous! But I think Keira Knightley is attractive in her own way too. She's very athletic and as always been that thin-look at her in Bend in Like Beckham she was 17 and put on a diet to bulk up!

Some people have it in their DNA to be extremely thin, athletic or on the thicker side. So long as they are healthy that's all that really matters.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't think it's fair to use Kiera in these sorts of comparisons, because she's naturally that thin, and these sort of posts make it sound like her natural self isn't beautiful... which is an insult like someone picking on someone because they're bigger than average. But I do think the older pics are more attractive :flowerforyou:

I agree, there are some women in the media who are naturally that thin. Then there are those like Kirsten Dunst who force themselves to become tinier than they should be healthily. I think Kirsten looked better at her healthiest in "Elizabethtown" or "Bring It On" where she was healthy and toned.

Also, if you look at one of today's sexiest women in Hollywood, Angeline Jolie, she looks like a size 4-6 and she is toned and healthy. She is not anorexically thin. However, I do feel that Hollywood and the media during the "Golden Age" from the 30's to 60's gave women a healthier body image to look up to. Nowadays women strive to be unhealthy at a size 0 and model thin. Not all women can pull that look off.

I have a female cousin in the Coast Guard who is at a healthy weight and body fat yet when she graduated from the Academy they told her to lose another 15 to 20 lbs. What the heck?

I agree that our soldiers need to be in perfect physically fit condition but to get them to an unhealthy level is not right.
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love this!!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    this is ridiculous.

Personally, I think the top row of girls could stand to eat a cheeseburger. if they eat cheeseburgers and look like that well then yay for them and continue on.

as far as the "bashing" goes.. get over it. get some confidence and realize that nothing about this thread was intended to rip YOU down. how could these people possibly know YOU?

*I use the term YOU in a general sense.. not to be confused with bashing an individual. God forbid I hurt a strangers feelings over an open forum on the internet.

Why are YOU so upset? God forbid we stand up and point out atrocious behavior. I am not offended on my behalf because I am no longer that thin. I just think the most disgusting thing about this thread is not ladies in the top row but the nastiness that has been spewed about them. I don't have to be personally offended to stand up for something, clearly a lot of you don't feel the same. Shame away if it makes you feel better about yourself.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who said it's not cool to turn things around and pick on thin girls like the ones in the top pictures.

HOWEVER, I think it is very, very rare that girls are naturally skin and slender like this. Most women aren't built like that and I do think it is dangerous to make it seem like that is the new standard. Most girls cannot get down to a frame and weight like that without leading an unhealthy lifestyle. If you happen to have a curvier frame, bigger boobs, a bit more on the hips, etc. and you try to get a tiny built like Keira...well, that's not gonna work unless you starve yourself. So, no, I don't wish that obviously talented girls don't get a recognition for their talent but I wish that society would add a bit of a disclaimer to its beauty standards.

Where exactly do you get your information? Just curious.
  • CoCoFluff
    CoCoFluff Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Amen, sister!! Older Hollywood chics are way hotter!!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    LOOK! There's a site where you can argue about celebrity body shapes and sizes all day long - http://skinnyvscurvy.com/

Have fun!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    In America we can't do anything right.. Skinny Girls need to eat more, Fat girls need to eat less, and so many people just want/need food to eat. We are hopeless!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Fat people don't like being criticized.
    Neither do skinny people.
    I'd keep your opinions to yourself. This is actually really rude.
    Some people are naturally skinny.

Thank you.

Chiming in here. Agree.

Criticizing weight in either direction just bolsters the idea that a beautiful body is some magical mystical thing no one can get. Too skinny = ugly, too big = ugly. No one wins except that tiny percentage who falls perfectly in the middle.

The only thing to be concerned about here is health. If you can be tiny and healthy, good. Big and healthy, great.

Bettie Paige is smokin hot, and so is Keira. I would be happy looking like either, honestly.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I would also like to point out that alot women that are by media and society standards considered smoking hot today are curvier than the bottom row in the OP

Christian hendricks
    Sofia Veraga
    Kim K
    Beyonce

Can someone please tell the last time Kirsten Dunst was realavent or put up by hollywood as the model of female beauty? Or heidi montag,Nicole Ritchie has never been portrayed by the media as having a look all women should strive for.
    3 of the girls on the top have never been held up as great beautys in hollywood
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I can't find the magazine now, but I have a magazine from the 1940s that had photos and measurements of all the hot actresses of the time. Betty Grable, Hedy Lamar, Olivia de Havilland, Carol Lombard, etc. Most of them were right around 34-24-34 with 18" thighs. In other words, depending on the store, a size 0 or 2 today.

This what is making it humorous. A good chunk of these girls are the same size on top and bottom. A lot of it is placement of the how they are posed and photoshop. The top row I'd wager a few of those have been shopped to make them look even skinnier as TMZ and the bunch do that to help promote the story. Add in bottom was professional photos in a sitting and the top are spontaneous pictures at a beach where they aren't posed, in makeup and etc. This image was always about propping up one side and not the other.

To put things in guy standards.. I can't believe women sometimes, as a guy I find 6 of those girls very easily hot hot hot! Any man that says otherwise like they like just the bottom row is most likely only telling that to be a white knight or to make the person that asks them feel better. I have no probably being 100% honest and saying yes 6 of those women are ultra beautiful. I don't care what a women's dress size is, and has never been a factor if I think she is hot or not. I don't have an application process where it asks their measurements, I go by what is pleasing to the eye and that is all shapes and sizes.

To make it out to be about one side or another is just being plain and simple catty. Add if you aren't living that way you should spend less time worrying how others spend theirs. If people minded their own business then society as a whole wouldn't have these standards and values to hold people to. People are held to them because people themselves hold themselves to them. It's not societies fault, it's the fault of any one person that holds themselves to those standards. If a majority didn't hold themselves to the standard then the standard wouldn't exist. Every single one that is in that majority is to be blamed, not society. Quit trying to find excuses or prop yourself up on top of others.

Awesome! :heart: :flowerforyou: I wish more people could see things from your perspective!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    In America we can't do anything right.. Skinny Girls need to eat more, Fat girls need to eat less, and so many people just want/need food to eat. We are hopeless!

Word. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I, personally, wouldn't want to look like the top or the bottom row. The body I'd really like to have, most people would consider too muscular for a woman. I don't give a ****. I'm gonna do what I think is best for me.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    this is ridiculous.

Personally, I think the top row of girls could stand to eat a cheeseburger. if they eat cheeseburgers and look like that well then yay for them and continue on.

as far as the "bashing" goes.. get over it. get some confidence and realize that nothing about this thread was intended to rip YOU down. how could these people possibly know YOU?

*I use the term YOU in a general sense.. not to be confused with bashing an individual. God forbid I hurt a strangers feelings over an open forum on the internet.

Why are YOU so upset? God forbid we stand up and point out atrocious behavior. I am not offended on my behalf because I am no longer that thin. I just think the most disgusting thing about this thread is not ladies in the top row but the nastiness that has been spewed about them. I don't have to be personally offended to stand up for something, clearly a lot of you don't feel the same. Shame away if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Thank you!!!
  • shellybean826
    Options
    believe it or not i think all the women in this picture are beautiful in different ways .....i currently look more like the bottom row....after gaining weight ...i used to look like the top row ...tho ...and ive had 3 different men come up to me this week and say to not go back to my lower weight and to stay at my current weight ....:/ ...so i would say men find alittle bit more to be sexier ...