when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• christibear
    christibear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The picture is just silly, no one ever said they were sexier or more attractive, and attraction is a personal opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and what is sexy varies from person to person, so not only is this topic insulting and yes it is body shaming, its trying to say that one opinion is somehow more valid than another because what is sexy is subjective.
  • KariePerez
    Options
    I totally agree to there is a line that should be drawn in both the medical field and our minds There really is too skinny and the opposite is the same I think some where in the middle is way more attractive.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Good lord, people.

Just because it's popular in the fashion industry/celebrity world does not mean it's "more attractive".

FYI: Women decide what is popular/socially acceptable for women to look like, not men.

NEWS FLASH: Men do not care. They are just happy to put it someplace warm and moist.
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I agree, I do NOT think bone thin is attractive, and I dont know why people strive for that. Everyone has a specific body type and should cater to that, not to the media. I do also find the old hollywood look much more attractive, though I suppose I am a bit biased because I will always be a naturally curvy person.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Keira Knightly looks disgusting...just a lil more meat and she would look better.
    I understand people are naturally thin, I have sister who is smaller than double 0, and nothing wrong with that. But there is definitely something wrong if you're starving/exercising yourself to the point where you can see more bones than meat. Meat is good, it protects you from great injuries, you can be thin and beautiful without looking like a helpess skeleton.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Whilst I agree that curvier woman are more attractive, the problem with these photos are that the negative always have unflattering photos and the positive always have flattering photos. It really varies from person to person though
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • simplymily
    Options
    Love this post!!!!!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I believe almost all of us would agree with you here: it seems as though being thin is equal to being regal, or refined. (That's the best way I can put it.)
    Which is hilarious, because ages ago the sign of regality and honor was correlated with higher weight -- due to the fact that you could afford finer foods.
    Over and over again, scientific and social studies have pointed out that men and women prefer their girls to be a little heavier than the women posted on magazines. So why are we insistent upon portraying an image that is such a niche?
    I know there are people who find thin people attractive: I am one of them.
    There is also the fact that we are all unique, and it takes a powerful, mature person to respect that fact.

Thanks for posting this!
  • tafinney
    tafinney Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I prefer women with curves, and who are confident in themselves.
  • YukonJoy
    Options
    MFP : The place to bash thin girls and girls with eating disorders.

When do we start bashing obese girls and girls with other disorders? Like schizophrenia, adidiction, or bi-polar disorder. Let's start bashing obese schizophrenics now.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Most of the "old" starts you listed are between 5'4-5'8, they look proportionate to their measurements. The second list is woman who are 5'9-5'11, thats the difference.
    Rita Hayworth || 36.5C - 24 - 36
    Sophia Loren || 38C - 24 - 38
    Betty Grable || 36 - 24 - 35
    Vivien Leigh || 32A - 23 - 33
    Audrey Hepburn || 34A - 20 - 34
    Marilyn Monroe || 36 - 23 - 37
    Veronica Lake || 34 - 21 - 33
    Ava Gardner || 36 -23 -37
    Brigitte Bardot || 35.5 - 19 - 35
    Elizabeth Taylor || 36C - 21 - 36

Heidi Montag || 34-26-34
    Kirsten Dunst || 36C-24-35
    Keira Knightley || 32A-22-33
    Jennifer Love Hewitt || 34-26-36
    Nicole Fox || 31-23-35
    Gisele Bündchen || 35-23-35

See how similar they are. You people are looking at the pictures but they are all the same size. Not much has changed!!!! Besides perception. In fact Brigitte Bardot puts to shame in the skinny department a lot of the a-listers today in waist size..
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    MFP : The place to bash thin girls and girls with eating disorders.

When do we start bashing obese girls and girls with other disorders? Like schizophrenia, adidiction, or bi-polar disorder. Let's start bashing obese schizophrenics now.

no chit....lot of self rightous heavy gals bashin those that have already done the work and acheived their weight loss goals
  • Blackbetty01
    Blackbetty01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's pretty interesting actually. Women are just taller! Thanks for info.
  • lorin7
    lorin7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As a guy I can tell you the bottom pictures are way more attractive and sexy to me. Marilyn and the others look like real women. The top pictures quite frankly look like unhealthy women.. way too skinny.
  • YukonJoy
    Options
    The women in this thread are EXACTLY the reason why 90% of my friends are men.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options

Heidi Montag || 34-26-34
    Nicole Fox || 31-23-35

See how similar they are. You people are looking at the pictures but they are all the same size. Not much has changed!!!! Besides perception. In fact Brigitte Bardot puts to shame in the skinny department a lot of the a-listers today in waist size..
    Most of the "old" starts you listed are between 5'4-5'8, they look proportionate to their measurements. The second list is woman who are 5'9-5'11, thats the difference.

False.

Heidi is 5'3"
    Kirsten is 5'5"
    Jennifer is 5'2"

while

Sophia Loren is 5'8.5"
    Audrey Hepburn is 5'7"
    Ava, Marilyn and Rita are 5'6"

I'm not saying that every single one of the "old Hollywood" actresses are shorter than every single one of the more recent stars, but there is DEFINITELY not a notable difference in their heights.
  • Nicolette1960
    Options
    First of all, what does "bump" mean? I have seen it several times, but am clueless.

I am from Greek descent, so I have always thought curvy women were beautiful. I would mike to be a different shape than I am..round is a shape..right? Would like to be more hourglass..which means I need to lose about 70 pounds.

Need more friends for motivation and support..Have only started about a week or so ago.

My name is Nicolette, that is Nicolette 1960. Yes, an oldie but a goodie!:bigsmile:
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Keira Knightly looks disgusting...just a lil more meat and she would look better.
    I understand people are naturally thin, I have sister who is smaller than double 0, and nothing wrong with that. But there is definitely something wrong if you're starving/exercising yourself to the point where you can see more bones than meat. Meat is good, it protects you from great injuries, you can be thin and beautiful without looking like a helpess skeleton.

Seriously? Disgusting is a pretty harsh word, how is calling an extremely skinny girl disgusting any different from people who call fat girls disgusting?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Heidi Montag || 34-26-34
    Nicole Fox || 31-23-35

Kirsten Dunst is 5'5
    Heidi Montag is 5'3
    Gisele Bündchen 5'8
    Jennifer Love Hewitt 5'2

So that takes the height comment right out.
    stop trying to make excuse to justify the hypocrisy that is running rampent in this thread

yeah I couldnt stay away:laugh: