when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• caritiger
    caritiger Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I so completely agree! Liz, I thought, never looked more fabulous than she did in Cleopatra. Her figure was fantastic-- she was no reedy little thing. Marilyn was about a size 12, which is considered beyond plus sized in today's modeling industry! The most important thing to me, it seems, is to look healthy. None of these super-thin modern starlets look happy or healthy at all!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options

Anyway, I didn't say the bottom row are healthy,

Wish I knew how to make things bold/underlined
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I so completely agree! Liz, I thought, never looked more fabulous than she did in Cleopatra. Her figure was fantastic-- she was no reedy little thing. Marilyn was about a size 12, which is considered beyond plus sized in today's modeling industry! The most important thing to me, it seems, is to look healthy. None of these super-thin modern starlets look happy or healthy at all!

Remember a size 12 then was not a US size 12 now. More like an 8.
  • 1a1a
    Options

Really when are any of those girls in the top row shoved in our faces. You know who I hear about every single day, all the fuller figured actress and singers.

Every day when I go to the servo to buy ice coffee ah ha (front page magazine covers duh)
  • fteale
    Options

So how is the bottom row any healthier or more curvy when the messure ments are almost all the same?

I think it's the sight of ribs that makes me feel they've gone too far, or can you see ribs with a healthy BMI (I'm not that trim yet so I couldn't say from looking at myself).

Yes you could still see ribs on a person at a healthy BMI. Note that the women in the bottom (well 3 of them) are wearing one piece bathing suits - how do you know they don't have ribs showing too?

I can see my ribs, and my BMI is 20.5.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    [I think it's the sight of ribs that makes me feel they've gone too far, or can you see ribs with a healthy BMI (I'm not that trim yet so I couldn't say from looking at myself).

Not that it's super relevant, but not one rib is visible in the photo from either row [and the bottom row women have their torsos covered so you wouldn't know if they had visible ribs anyhow]. The only real difference I see is that the bottom women have smaller, more defined waists and larger breasts.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Oh well, 30 more posts and this locks and you can all stop poking each other with sticks.
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options

Anyway, I didn't say the bottom row are healthy,

Wish I knew how to make things bold/underlined
    b, /b or u,/u closed in square brackets
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Oh look Bettie Page I could be wrong but are those RIBS i can practicly count?

Bettie-Page-426x504-33kb-media-73-media-98549-1119612301.jpg

betty-page-0021.jpg
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Yes you could still see ribs on a person at a healthy BMI.

Handy to know (guess I'll be seeing mine soon yay I think).

Personally, I don't really find her appealing, but I'm a hetero girl so my opinion doesn't really count that much....I guess I'm saying, that is not a look I'm aspiring to.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the rib argument dont fly
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Oh well, 30 more posts and this locks and you can all stop poking each other with sticks.

nudging it along.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

nudging it along.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Really when are any of those girls in the top row shoved in our faces. You know who I hear about every single day, all the fuller figured actress and singers.

Every day when I go to the servo to buy ice coffee ah ha (front page magazine covers duh)

Of the tabloids saying how unhealthy the look because i read all the magazines at the checkout and the only ones that have women they are holding up as beautifull it is either the fuller figured or the average sized girls. when was the last time Heidie Kirstin Or Nicole Ritche were promoted by magazines to be women we should look up too :laugh:
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Maybe ribs was the wrong word, despite the abs, they just don't look healthy to me. Personal opinion only.

I should take some time to read the headlines perhaps?!
  • pinkribbons4hope
    Options
    I hate to disagree...but I would give anything to look like Kirsten Dunst!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Oh look Bettie Page I could be wrong but are those RIBS i can practicly count?

Golly - she's a looker. =)

Her legs are gorgeous!
  • fteale
    Options
    marilyn_monroe_weight_bench.jpg

marilyn_bar_bell.jpg

Marilyn with ribs showing.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    done