when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    OH yeah BTW I think all of those chicks are sexy.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Christ on a bike! GROWN WOMEN using the word "Ewww" to describe other grown women. I despair.

I was using it to prove a point
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Christ on a bike! GROWN WOMEN using the word "Ewww" to describe other grown women. I despair.

Liar you just wanted to type out ewwww. :-D I'm onto you! I know your secrets!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Ew! I totally agree! The girls on top are way too skinny! They look like they are sick!

Yeah gross.. I'll go home and tell my wife that she is gross tonight.. "sorry honey I saw on an internet message board you are gross looking. Eat a cheeseburger damn it... you make me sick"... Wonder how well that'll go over.

as I said earlier.. Posts like yours makes Audrey Hepburn cry. audrey-hepburn-76047.jpg

now that's MY definition of perfection!
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    This is such a sticky topic. Yes there are girls/woman who are naturally very thin but I think this post was truly to get upset at the clothing industry. Back in the day what was the smallest size? Size 3 maybe? When did 00 be a size for young girls to strive for. Heck I want to be a size 5 does that make me fat by industry standards?

To all the ladies out there who are naturally thin, god bless you. All you have to do is work out for health not weight loss.

As a former size and now a size 18, I understand both sides.

Who is saying that a size 00 is something girls have to strive for,some of the women being called the hottest women out there today are nowhere near size 00

once again
    Kim K
    Beyonce
    Christina Hendricks
    Sofia Veraga
    \Jennifer Lopez
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Ew! I totally agree! The girls on top are way too skinny! They look like they are sick!

Yeah gross.. I'll go home and tell my wife that she is gross tonight.. "sorry honey I saw on an internet message board you are gross looking. Eat a cheeseburger damn it... you make me sick"... Wonder how well that'll go over.

as I said earlier.. Posts like yours makes Audrey Hepburn cry. audrey-hepburn-76047.jpg

now that's MY definition of perfection!

I agree, Audrey Hepburn is one of the most beautiful women to grace this planet. Just like today, old hollywood wasn't just skinny or big it was a mixture. People just like to have these polar opposite/sides to attach to.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Rita Hayworth || 36.5C - 24 - 36
    Sophia Loren || 38C - 24 - 38
    Betty Grable || 36 - 24 - 35
    Vivien Leigh || 32A - 23 - 33
    Audrey Hepburn || 34A - 20 - 34
    Marilyn Monroe || 36 - 23 - 37
    Veronica Lake || 34 - 21 - 33
    Ava Gardner || 36 -23 -37
    Brigitte Bardot || 35.5 - 19 - 35
    Elizabeth Taylor || 36C - 21 - 36

Heidi Montag || 34-26-34
    Kirsten Dunst || 36C-24-35
    Keira Knightley || 32A-22-33
    Jennifer Love Hewitt || 34-26-36
    Nicole Fox || 31-23-35
    Gisele Bündchen || 35-23-35

See how similar they are. You people are looking at the pictures but they are all the same size. Not much has changed!!!! Besides perception. In fact Brigitte Bardot puts to shame in the skinny department a lot of the a-listers today in waist size..
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i think theyre all gorgeous tbh. i probly look more like the bottom row right now cos im a UK size 12 but i wana look like the top row. think maybe need to lose another 2 stone first though!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I totally agree I just posted this on fb!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    .. If you can't say anything nice. Don't say anything at all.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Rita Hayworth || 36.5C - 24 - 36
    Sophia Loren || 38C - 24 - 38
    Betty Grable || 36 - 24 - 35
    Vivien Leigh || 32A - 23 - 33
    Audrey Hepburn || 34A - 20 - 34
    Marilyn Monroe || 36 - 23 - 37
    Veronica Lake || 34 - 21 - 33
    Ava Gardner || 36 -23 -37
    Brigitte Bardot || 35.5 - 19 - 35
    Elizabeth Taylor || 36C - 21 - 36

Heidi Montag || 34-26-34
    Kirsten Dunst || 36C-24-35
    Keira Knightley || 32A-22-33
    Jennifer Love Hewitt || 34-26-36
    Nicole Fox || 31-23-35
    Gisele Bündchen || 35-23-35

See how similar they are. You people are looking at the pictures but they are all the same size. Not much has changed!!!! Besides perception. In fact Brigitte Bardot puts to shame in the skinny department a lot of the a-listers today in waist size..

I :heart: the interwebs. :happy:
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that all the sexy women threads made by women are about "curvier" , larger women looking better then thin or fit women.....

...yet all the sexy guy threads created by women are topless, ripped celebs.

:huh:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

Didn't mean you doll, two people have used it genuinely.
  • george_ie_girl
    george_ie_girl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just have to say quickly;

The bottom four are known sex symbols. Today's equivalent is not the top four. The top four pictures are unflattering paparazzi shots - seriously I can't believe this needs pointing out. As someone else said - their measurements are pretty much the same anyway.

I'm sick of these sorts of posts - we shouldn't be criticizing someone's weight. I don't understand how people can have a cry about people calling them overweight, or saying they're unhealthy - then jump straight onto the forums and criticize people for being too skinny and how they are unhealthy and not sexy.

Grow up people. It's pathetic.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Skinny and healthy is fine, but skinny and eating disorder and/or self hate isn't right. It seems the majority of us women are Not naturally skinny, it's not about making the naturally skinny women feel bad, it's about providing a more accurate representation of the average female so that those of us who are not naturally skinny don't go through life feeling we have failed to achieve our optimum size.

When the first thing a particular model is told on landing a new job is 'lose some weight', without even laying eyes on her to see what weight she is currently at, that's Not sexy (this is something I read on a pro ana site, no I'm not pro ana, but I did get curious to see what it's all about). It does give you an idea of what the fashion industry expects of it's participants though right? This is why we say curvy is healthy is sexy. (Handful of naturally slim girls excepted of course).
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    Skinny and healthy is fine, but skinny and eating disorder and/or self hate isn't right. It seems the majority of us women are Not naturally skinny, it's not about making the naturally skinny women feel bad, it's about providing a more accurate representation of the average female so that those of us who are not naturally skinny don't go through life feeling we have failed to achieve our optimum size.

When the first thing a particular model is told on landing a new job is 'lose some weight', without even laying eyes on her to see what weight she is currently at, that's Not sexy (this is something I read on a pro ana site, no I'm not pro ana, but I did get curious to see what it's all about). It does give you an idea of what the fashion industry expects of it's participants though right? This is why we say curvy is healthy is sexy. (Handful of naturally slim girls excepted of course).

So how is the bottom row any healthier or more curvy when the messure ments are almost all the same?
  • mdailey93
    Options
    I can't believe this post is still going. It's sad to see adult women shaming any sort of body.

It is NEVER ok to negatively comment on someones body. You never know the damage you are doing.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

So how is the bottom row any healthier or more curvy when the messure ments are almost all the same?

You're going to have to stop with the logic. This topic is all about the hate... can you feel it?
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options

You're going to have to stop with the logic. This topic is all about the hate... can you feel it?

You right im out
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

You right im out

I'm still here bump! :-)