What was you and your husband/wifes first dace song when you

Options

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    We had a small wedding, no dancing. We made up for it at one of our daughter's wedding, a month after our 25th anniversary. We had a dance just for us - Can I have this dance for the rest of my life'.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    "Could I have this Dance (for the rest of my life)" by Anne Murray

The title speaks for itself.

LOL must be a generation thing.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    CELINE DION, BUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME, CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE SONG, OOOPS!!!!!
  • gabbingfilly
    gabbingfilly Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oct. 26, 2007 Our song is Open Arms by Journey. It was the last song they played at my senior prom the year we started dating.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Me and you...kenny chesney <3
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Then by brad paisley. It basically was our story. Love at first sight that keeps growing each day !!

That was me and my wifes song as well! Such a great song... Our first choice was Broken Road by Rascal Flatts but a friend of ours used that at their wedding a fews months before we got married!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Old School-Faithfully by Journey. But then again we got married 14 years ago!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    we got married when my wife was heavily pregnant with our son, infact he was born a couple of days after, and with the wife suffering pre-eclampsia we never got a first dance etc, but we got married to pachelbel's canon in d major, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlprozGcs80&amp;feature=related

and we still slow dance to that when we can now :)

That's what I walked down the staircase too. LOVE LOVE LOVE that song. I can play it pretty well on the piano. It's on my iPod too!
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    Could I Have This Dance - Anne Murray. Wedding song was On The Wings of Love - Jeffrey Osborne. Still love them both almost 26 years later.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Unforgettable - Nat King Cole..
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    When You Say Nothing at All - by Allison Krause and Union Station. We got married in September 2006.

We dance to that song still when ever we hear it!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    We WANTED Dave Chappelle's "I'm gonna piss on you" while dousing each other in water.... but my family's pretty conservative.

Went with Led Zeppelin's "Thank You" covered by Chris Cornell acoustically with Sugar Hill Gang's "Apache (Jump On It)" in the middle pulling out the Carlton moves.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    We had two songs...

Everything by Lifehouse and In Your Eyes by Jeffrey Gaines. We danced our first dance to In Your Eyes and played the other one after dinner and everyone knew it was ours, so it was just us on the dance floor again.
  • blueterrierfan
    Options
    Love The Smiths but my hubby wouldnt have them said they are depressing lol
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Baby I Love You ~ The Ramones

We didn't want to slow dance so we took dance lessons and showed off our moves to our first dance lol

That is awesome! we eloped so there was no dance and we are both really awkward dancers anyways!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Songbird by Fleetwood Mac
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If I should be lucky enough to get married again, I think I'd like "Two Is Better Then One" by Boys Like Girls & Taylor Swift.

It's so beautiful

13680624.png totally appropriate!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    We had Etta James 'At Last' as our first dance at our Wedding, we also have 'at last' engraved on the inside of both of our Wedding rings. We did not meet until I was 37 and he was 48, I was very unhappily married and he lived in Canada and I lived in England, so when we got together it was sort of our tune already, At last my love has come along...my lonely days are over......
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Have I told you Lately that I Love You - Van Morrison
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    Some amazing songs! :)