Fall of the Great Food Pyramid

Options

Replies

• raychill007
    raychill007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    9233919.jpg
    [/quote

Sorry for dumb double post - where did you get this pic from, love it!!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    And no, if people gave up the grains (especially the glutenous grains) we would see a sharp decrease in obesity rates.

If people gave up grains, there wouldn't be nearly enough food to feed 7 billion people.

Another case for people to start growing their own food.

Please explain how the residents of a New York City high-rise apartment building would be able to grow their own food.

Container gardening.

http://lifeonthebalcony.com/category/apartment-garden-challenges/high-rise-gardening/

Ok now, this is out there... Surely no one believes they could sustain themselves on the amount off food they could raise on a patio.
  • raychill007
    raychill007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Jovi--I think the guy in the middle of your ticker is the guy I am hugging on (and is flipping off the camera) in my profile pic! Hard to tell on this screen, though...

That's so weird, I think it is too!!
  • TheMystonique
    Options
    It wasn't until the pasteurization and homogenization process came about that lactose intolerance became an issue.

If we were to go back to consuming raw dairy products from grass fed and pastured ruminants, we would see far less lactose intolerance issues.

So what they have done to dairy is what is making it unconsumable.

I'm not sure it's exactly that simple but it's definitely true.

I grew up on farmland and drank milk, with cream, straight from the cow (clean bucket and glass in between).

I didn't become lactose intollerant until I moved to the city.

Go back to the country and again I can have as much dairy as I like with no ill effects - it's the stuff you buy that's causing at least some of the problem.

As for the pyramid changing I don't believe we really understand the human body entirely or how it works and so we can really only make educated guesses about these things, they're bound to change as the education does.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    This is the food pyramid I adhere to. I want nothing to do with the USDA's food pyramid that is catering to the likes of the grain industry and mostly Monsanto.

Primal_Blueprint_Food_Pyramid.jpg

Why does that graphic say "Effortless Weight Loss" on it?

When you find YOUR sweet spot following the pyramid above you will have effortless weight loss.

Picture2.png

This chart is too laughable. According to this chart I should be suffering from insidious weight gain, yet I've lost 52 pounds averaging 250 grams of carbs a day.
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else on here feel some of these diet plans are similar to a pyramid scheme (pun only intended if you get it) as hard as people try to persude others to follow them?
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Jovi--I think the guy in the middle of your ticker is the guy I am hugging on (and is flipping off the camera) in my profile pic! Hard to tell on this screen, though...

Because it is!
    Norman Reedus is the greatest...and I have a similar picture with him flipping off the camera
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else on here feel some of these diet plans are similar to a pyramid scheme (pun only intended if you get it) as hard as people try to persude others to follow them?

Apparently everyone wants to follow my pyramid. :blushing:
  • Julesong
    Julesong Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Dairy consumption is one of the biggest causes of diet-related diseases.

Actually this post is partially correct. For thousands of years way before the pasteurization and homogenization process people were consuming the milk of domesticated animals without lactose intolerance issues.

It wasn't until the pasteurization and homogenization process came about that lactose intolerance became an issue.

If we were to go back to consuming raw dairy products from grass fed and pastured ruminants, we would see far less lactose intolerance issues.

So what they have done to dairy is what is making it unconsumable.

^^^ This!

It has created not only lactose intolerance, but pasteurization and homogenization (from what I've been given to understand) allow dairy fats to clog our arteries in abundance in comparison to non-pasteurized/homogenized.
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for entertaining me and helping me pick up a new friend along the way!
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

"Its really not so hard to avoid grains (i'm allergic to gluten so i HAVE to avoid it). Wrap meat in bacon and you wont miss bread at all."
    [/quote]

Never even thought of this option--might just give up bread if it means I can wrap meat in bacon...
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Friendly warning!

Dear Posters,

Please make sure to refrain from attacking or insulting other users.

Earnest and respectful debate on any message in the forums is acceptable. Attacking the messenger is not.

I'm not going to trawl through all the pages looking for quotes of offending posts so this thread is being left largely intact. Please keep this civil from here, leave the name calling to kids in the playground. Any further instances of abuse or reports and I will lock and/or delete.

Please note the following forum guideline:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

You may review the forum guidelines in their entirety at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thanks for your understanding,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    9233919.jpg

Sorry for dumb double post - where did you get this pic from, love it!!

google. it is your friend.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    The best method of imbibing grains is in a fermented liquid form.

If you're gaining weight while eating grains and maintaining a calorie deficit, you're miscalculating your calories.

Lactose intolerance is the normal state. Lack of lactose intolerance is a relatively recent phenomenon. In mammals, lactose intolerance generally develops about the time weaning should occur.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

"Its really not so hard to avoid grains (i'm allergic to gluten so i HAVE to avoid it). Wrap meat in bacon and you wont miss bread at all."

Never even thought of this option--might just give up bread if it means I can wrap meat in bacon...

Try this recipe :smile:
    It really IS meat wrapped in bacon!
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/23562/beef+bacon+and+mushroom+kebabs
    I ate it with noodle salad but I would probably have it with rice next time. OMG carbs, I'll probably die!
  • jknops2
    jknops2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would just like to add that I don't like lamb. Unless it's processed in the form of gyro meat. I didn't eat lamb (except gyros) and I lost all of the weight.
    So nobody should eat lamb. Unless it's processed in the form of gyro meat.

Also, lamb contains anti-nutrients, but when combined with pita and tzatziki sauce, it forms super-nutrients which help you lose all of the weight, without any effort. And that sure beats exercise.

I think we are done here.

Start a website

gurudailysapple

Post a lot more stuff like this and you can make a lot of money.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I prefer Paula+Deens+Food+Pyramid.jpg

Then give yourself an insulin shot...
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The best method of imbibing grains is in a fermented liquid form.

If you're gaining weight while eating grains and maintaining a calorie deficit, you're miscalculating your calories.

Lactose intolerance is the normal state. Lack of lactose intolerance is a relatively recent phenomenon. In mammals, lactose intolerance generally develops about the time weaning should occur.

This is the truth. Lactose intolerance is genetic, tolerance is a relatively recent genetic mutation, found mostly in people of western European descent, allowing people to continue consuming lactose into adulthood. For all other animals, and the majority of humans on Earth, lactose metabolism ends with the infant stage.

Remember, drinking cow's milk is relatively recent. Before refrigeration, there was no way to store liquid milk, so it was converted to cheese and yogurt. Lactose is broken down during the cheese making and yogurt making process, so that's why lactose intolerance was never really mentioned, because people didn't drink milk. It's got nothing to do with homogenization or pasteurization.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options

Because it is!
    Norman Reedus is the greatest...and I have a similar picture with him flipping off the camera

Yeah, I saw the two of them walking by me at a convention in Atlanta and I about freaked...I loved them in Boondock Saints. The picture after that one was of Norman licking up the side of my face. I felt like a little girl asking if I could get a picture with them!