The Preggo Platform

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Just to let you all know, I just got my test results back, and everything is benign. I'm so thankful! I still have to keep an eye on it, but at least I know I don't have anything serious to worry about. I really do appreciate having people to chat with, and for the prayers and well-wishes from everyone, so thanks for that!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: YAY!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Just to let you all know, I just got my test results back, and everything is benign. I'm so thankful! I still have to keep an eye on it, but at least I know I don't have anything serious to worry about. I really do appreciate having people to chat with, and for the prayers and well-wishes from everyone, so thanks for that!
    How great!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options

FANTASTIC!!!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

SO...another day gals! And another day closer to D day!:drinker: I am so stinkin' ready! My sister called last night and said she had a dream that I had the baby, and her dreams are usually pretty accurate...so hopefully in the near future! AND I was cleaning and re-organizing again last night...more of that nesting! I NEVER have that much motivation! My husband had to MAKE me stop so we could eat dinner and he popped in a movie. It was weird!

Well...gotta start on some work! Hope you all have a FABULOUS morning!:flowerforyou:

Oh! And BTW...I'm 37 weeks today!!!!!:drinker:
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    JJ- Congrats!!! What a relief!! Now you can just be excited about your pregnancy and not have to worry! Yeah!!!

K - You are hilarious with your nesting!! Your house must just be sparkling by now! Yeah for 37 weeks!! Anytime now!!!

Same old same old for me. Super busy at work. Baby must be growing again because I am exhausted. Have been to bed early the last 2 nights but just cannot seems to get enough sleep. Having round ligament pains too. No more leg cramps though and I didn't change anything (strange).
    That's it for me, not much to report:wink:

Hope you all are well!

-C
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Cris...I remember being SO tired. I'm tired these days also, but back then it was BAD. We'd have company over and I'd fall asleep talking with them. HORRIBLE! Get as much sleep as you can...from what I hear, it becomes very little after the baby arrives!:wink: AND the third trimester certainly makes sleeping a challenge. You have to pee every hour and can't get comfortable! It's draining me! Glad your leg cramps are gone.

Lately I've been sore all over. My stomach is SO heavy and it feels like I've been riding a horse for months! That bowling ball between the legs feeling is totally ligit! All my ligaments must be preparing for birth and loosening up! It's not comfortable at ALL!:grumble: But...not too much longer!

Sorry to vent! :blushing: Back to some work!
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    Good Morning!!!

Happy hump day! I am already hoping the weekend comes fast to rescue me from work and waking up to the alarm clock.

Bowling ball!!? Yikes! No wonder woman start getting antsy to get the baby out of them in the 3rd; that sounds difficult!!

I have had some lovely mood swings to go along with the tired the last couple days. Happy, angry, sad, melancholy, crying, you name it! Oh and yesterday I sneezed and peed my pants! Lovely!! Time to start kegels :ohwell:

How is everyone doing today?
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Something fun... we just bought a Wii yesterday. We actually got it because my husband is FINALLY worried about getting some exercise, and wanted the Wii Fit to go with it. Any of you been using the Wii Fit during pregnanacy? I've heard that it can be mean to you, and I don't want it to yell at me for gaining weight. Is there somewhere I can tell it that I'm pregnant? I'm hoping the Yoga will be a good workout option, since I've been slacking in that department lately:smile: Any other suggestions for good Wii games or workouts?
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    When I did Wii fit I was working out 5 days a week and in really great shape and the stupid thing told me I had the fitness age of a 75 year old! WTF?! I will never forgive it for that. They are mean, you just have to ignore it.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hey guys!!

Yes K, I feel your pain. I am about done! :grumble: This goose is cooked! :sad:

I was talking to my OB today about how you get to this last month and just start going NUTS! She said it seems women hit 35 weeks and are just DONE! I know I am for sure!!

It's hard having my toddler here too. I can barely lift him in and out of his carseat and the shopping cart, etc. It's just frustrating. Every little thing exhausts you and getting comfortable is almost impossible.

And the bowling ball feeling is most definitely legit!! :laugh: Thank goodness I get to go a week early!!!

Hope the rest of you are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Cris...:laugh: You crack me up! :laugh: I've actually been lucky to not have experience the "sneeze and pee" but I have had to catch myself a few times when laughing. That is too funny! So many joys of being preggo! And I was also lucky to not have much of those mood swings. There have beena few times, but nothing too bad and certainly nothing my hubby can complain about. He's had it pretty good!

Tam...I'm glad I have someone who's right with me. At least I know it's not just me with some of these wonderful symptoms! But I can't even imagine doing this with another little one at home! That's how it will most likely be for me the next time around, but I must say...kuddos to you! It can't be easy! And yes...it's been since about 35 weeks that I've been ready!

Jenna...I have no idea on the wii...never had one. But I wish you luck!:flowerforyou:

Well...I go back to the doctor this afternoon. I'm SO hoping they tell me I've progressed! So...everyone keep their fingers crossed for me!!!

Now...time for some work. I'll check back later! Have a great morning ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

I just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant and was hoping I could join the Preggo Platform. This is my second child but a big time frame in between. I have a 6 year old daughter who I adore, and thank goodness she is pretty self reliant, because i am having horrible morning sickness just like the first time around.

It looks like several of you are almost DONE :wink: and I am betting it will be such a relief.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Welcome alapointe!!! We would be so glad to have you join us! Yes...almost there and SO ready to be! Keep us posted on how you are doing!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    hi everyone and welcome to the newbies!

you guys seem to all be getting along just great. man...i've been having the most HORRIBLE mood swings. I've been like an uber b*tch lately and i have no idea how to stop it. I keep apologizing to my hubby reminding him it's the hormones but man...it's tough.

this weekend was super fun though. i got my hubby to take monday - wednesday off. monday we kinda just relaxed at home and did some errands and cleaned house. tuesday we went to the monterey bay aquarium and hung out on cannery row. yesterday we went to san francisco and got to go to the infamous Rain Forest Cafe and then hung out at pier 39. SUPER FUN!

Anyways, I've gained weight. :sad: I've gained "technically" 3lbs but it's more like 7lbs. I started my pregnancy at 192 then went down to 188 and now i'm 195. grrr...:explode: so i REALLY need to cut back on my eating. I've been totally pigging out and not exercising. I KNOW BETTER. It's these damn hormones. :sad: oh well. Hope you guys are enjoying your pregnancy more than i am.
  • alapointe
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. Question for all of you though. When do you start counting your weight gain from when you found out, or from your conception date?

I was 214 when i concieved, but i am now 205 thanks to the a few weeks of not knowing and continuing to loose, then the last 2 weeks of horrible morning sickness. I really want to be healthy and gain the proper amount of 10-20 pounds, but what number should i use?

With my first pregnancy i was horribly overweight and did not pay attention to anything, but I found out I was pregant when i was 4 weeks and that was the first time i stepped on the scale so i started from that weight and only gained 10 pounds. Of course i had morning sickness the entire 9 months so that helped keeping my weight gain in check.

I know it is only 10 pounds, but when you are overweight still like i am that is a big difference.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well...I don't even know exactly where I was when I started, either conception or when I found out. I found out when I was about 5-6 weeks. And I had been keeping track of my weight, but this was over the holidays (Christmas and New Years) and so wasn't worrying too much about my weight and ended up gaining. So, I really just estimated my start weight. AND...I've gained about 45 pounds this pregnancy.:grumble: Ugh!:sad: More than I wanted...and only myself to blame. But, the damage is already done. Now...just can't wait to have my little one and start loosing again!
  • alapointe
    Options
    Thanks Kristin. I think i will just use the weight from when we found out, which was 210, that will make it easier. Just make sure you take it easy and heal before you try to hard to get that weight off.

:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I know...I know...they tell me 6 weeks before doing anything vigorous. So...I'm hoping to start with some walking. The weather should be nice enough for baby and me to take daily walks! Then after I've healed, I can work my way back into running and weights...and then spinning and step! I can't wait to get back to it all!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Simplicity and Graco bassinet recalls.
    Look into it ladies :flowerforyou:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090820/ap_on_go_ot/us_bassinet_safety
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Just a quick update...I'M 2 CM DILATED AND 50% EFFACED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Just a quick update...I'M 2 CM DILATED AND 50% EFFACED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wooooo!! You might go early girl!! :wink: :flowerforyou: