The Preggo Platform

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    OMG! If this rash lasts that long, I'll go CRAZY! My feet feel like they're on FIRE they itch so bad! And there's some on my wrists and top of my hands! HORRIBLE!!! Do you think I should go see the regular doctor? Or should I wait and ask at my weekly appointment on Thursday? I don't know...but this is gonna kill me! By far the worst part of this pregnancy so far!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well I called my OB doctor again today and they have never heard of anyone developing bumps or a rash on their feet/hands before from pregnancy. They told me to call my regular doctor...so that's what I'm doing. What a pain!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i surprised they haven't heard of it. it's not really that common but it's also not Uncommon. I know about 3 women that all got it. hmmm....super weird.

quick question for all the ladies...how much did you guys gain per trimester?
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Kristin - It sounds like it could be PUPP Pregnancy rash, but that ususally starts on your belly then spreads. It seems odd that it's just on your hands and feet. Maybe that's why your doctor didn't think it was that? I've heard that it's most common when you're having a boy. I forget... do you know what you're having?

Femm - With my last one, I gained a pound per week for about the first 32 weeks, then 2 for the last 8 (right around 45-50 lbs total). So far this time, I've gained 10 lbs in the first 15 weeks. I'm guess I'll start with the pound per week pretty soon, which I think is normal for the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Jenna...nope...don't know what we're having!

Well the regular doctor told me it could be PUPP and gave me a prescription for a topical cream plus told me to take Zyrtec (which I okayed with my OB). SO...who knows! But hopefully the cream and pill takes care of some of the itchiness! It's driving me CRAZY! We shall see...
  • femmerides
    Options
    hmmm...my goal is to not gain more than 10lbs (i will NOT go over 200!). my doc says since i'm "obese" 0-10lbs is appropriate. it just sucks because I'm almost 13 weeks and have gained 4lbs. i'm supposed to gain like 1lb every 4 weeks. lol. whatever. i'll just eat healthier.

PUPP...sounds painful. I hope the cream and zyrtec work for you!
  • femmerides
    Options
    i just happened to login and this was the first article up. it's about PUPPP.

http://www.parentingweekly.com/pregnancy/pregnancy_information/PUPPP_pregnancy_rashes.htm
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Home today with swollen, itchy feet! AND my daycare provider I had set up called last night to tell me there was some error and she can no longer take us! WTH! I have been freaking out since and now have to start from scratch to find someone!!!!!!! I couldn't be more frustrated!!!!
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Oh no Kristin so sorry to hear that you are going through this horrible rash and then the daycare situation on top of it to boot.

You will find someone probably even better than the first. That is what happened to me, it was a blessing even though i didn't know it at the time.
  • alapointe
    Options
    For those of you who have had spotting in early pregnancy, how long did it last? Couple of days or weeks? I am going to my Dr. on a weekly basis, but it is so scary to see that blood all the time.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    For me it was only like a day and a half and very lightly colored. If it's bright red, I would call the doctor right away and they should see you immediately!
  • alapointe
    Options
    I have been to the dr and they have done an ultrasound and some blood work. He said right now it doesn't look like a miscarriage, but he can't rule out that it won't happen. I have been going on 3 days mostly brown but occasionally pink and after the ultrasound and exam it was red for a little while. I guess i just need to wait and see. It is so hard not to worry though.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I know. If it's brownish, that's good. Means it's old blood and drying before you expel it. Not quickly bleeding, that is. And pink is okay also. I just know that bright red, and lots of it, especially paired with cramping is not good and sign of miscarriage. Sounds to me like you're okay, and although it's pretty much impossible not to worry, I would try and think positively! You're in my thoughts and prayers for sure also!

Headed to bed now! Hope you all have a good night!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!! :flowerforyou:

K, sorry about your childcare woes!! That really stinks..but I agree that you might end up with someone even better. I think there are a lot more available people out there than usual too with the economy being what it is. Soo, hopefully you get someone soon.

Hey Alapointe, I actually spotted A LOT early on! There might even be posts about it earlier in this thread. It was bright red and quite a bit. Scared the crap out of me! But, I was FINE! It is never a "normal" thing...but not "abnormal" either.

I just had to take it easy with exercise for a short time and rest and put my feet up when I could...and eventually it stopped! :smile: Good luck! :flowerforyou:

I have a Dr. appt at 10:30....yes these weekly ones!! :tongue: And 9 days til c-section! :drinker:

:heart:
  • alapointe
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the thoughts. The bleeding seems to have slowed the last day so i am hopeful that things are getting better. The Dr. has me on no excercise and no lifting anything. I still go to work but i put my feet up and my chair reclines so i do my best to stay in this position. Thank goodness i have a desk job. I am hopeful that things are turning around.

Kristin- Hope you are feeling better with the rash today.

Tamtastic- The final stretch is so exciting, good luck at the Dr.
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!!!

K - how is the rash? Poor thing; I hope the cream and meds are helping!! Try not to stress over day care; it will work out just fine and you have lots of time to make new arrangements.

Alapointe - have you been in for an ultrasound since the bleeding started or had your hormone levels checked to make sure they are rising accordingly? Those test are how you will know if the bleeding is nothing or a sign of problems.

Tam- 9 days!! Holy cow!!!!!!

I had to spend the last 2 days at the office (2 hours from where I live) and slept horribly and ran around to much and now I am exhausted!!!! So glad to be back home with my hubby and my own bed :happy:

Hugs!

Cris
  • alapointe
    Options
    Cris- Glad to hear you are back home and now hopefully you can get some rest.

They have done an ultrasound and checked my levels and everything is measuring right where it should. I go back on Monday for another ultrasound to make sure the baby is growing. I feel a little better today, as i haven't seen any bleeding since yesterday afternoon. The funny thing is that i have had horrible morning sickness so much so that i have lost 9 pounds since getting pregnant without even trying. Today my morning sickness isn't as bad and of course all things go through your mind why you are not sick. I can't wait for the first trimester to be over with.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Well...the rash is still bothering me..and I'm home from work yet again. I HAVE to go back tomorrow...lots of stuff needs done before I'm gone for 10 weeks! So, just taking it easy today and hoping the swelling and itching goes down a bit (although with PUPPPS I don't think it does:grumble: ).

Tam...9 days! YAY!!!! I have 13 left and they SO seem to be dragging on and on! It's SO time for these babies to come!

Cris...WOW...glad you're home and can relax a bit now!

Alapointe...glad things are lessening for you...makes it easier not to worry! And I think it's a good idea you're not exercising...that could have had something to do with it.

Well...I am meeting with a potential daycare provider today, so we'll see how it goes! She sounds really great, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'll let you know how it goes!

Have a great day gals, and I'll check back later!:flowerforyou:
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    alapointe - the good hormone levels are reassuring; I am very glad to hear that. And morning sickness may be rough but that is a comforting sign that all is well too! I had a day of bleeding after over working out in my first trimester and with rest it stopped. Keep us posted on your next ultrasound.

K - you have already booked an appt with a new daycare provider?! Awesome! Let us know how it goes.

I am so jealous of K & Tam! Home stretch!!!! I have 117 days to go yikes!! Although I am rather enjoying my 2nd trimester :wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Had my appointment....everything is good.........baby is measuring 37 (which is good..I am 38 weeks on Friday).

Blood pressure has been a consistent 100/60 and his heart beat is good! ;) And my weight has maintained the last 3 weeks. I think I am done with any baby weight gain!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:

It's amazing..it's around 28 lbs-30 lbs............which is what my last pregnancy gain was. I guess whether I am over 100 lbs overweight (like I was last time) or at a healthy weight like I am now..........that 30 lb gain is consistent!! ;) Now to see what I am when I get home from the hospital. And usually by your 6 week check-up, you have an idea of what work you have to do!! :ohwell: :tongue:

I just pre-registered at the hospital and got the paperwork for my c-section, including diagram of incisions. loll! I am a repeat c-section so I think my scar tells me all I need to know about THAT!! :laugh:

I have one last doc appt next Wed and have to do one last round of bloodwork there too.

Wow, almost here!! :happy:

K- so sorry the rash is still bothering you!! WOW! That must be so uncomfortable. I mean, it's not like we're not miserable enough right now!! And good luck with the daycare provider! :flowerforyou:

C- Definitely enjoy your 2nd trimester. I felt GREAT in that one and exercised well!! :)

Alapointe - Glad to hear things seem to be calming down. Hope you get some peace of mind! I always say you become mothers the second you find out your pregnant because the worry starts for these babies and never goes away!! :wink: :heart:

Oh, and I can't eat or drink ANYTHING past Midnight next Thursday in preparation for my 1:00 pm surgery the following day. Ugh. I am going to make that last meal on Thursday a good one!! :laugh: