The Preggo Platform

Options

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: I don't mind not getting sleep as long as I am not getting barfed or pooped on :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: I don't mind not getting sleep as long as I am not getting barfed or pooped on :laugh: :laugh:

:grumble: well that still happens occasionally, too:laugh: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

K, hope you have a great shower. My friends are throwing me one next Sunday! :happy:

Things are OK. Had mediation this past Wed in which I got legal documents to be able to live in our condo at least during the week in order to prepare for the baby. My soon to be ex can be there on Sat and Sun and this way our son can be in his own bed every night. Only problem is my soon to be ex is taking his sweet time finding somewhere else to live. It's August 1st and I am having my c-section on September 4th. It's not like I have a TON of time and I am not going to get MORE mobile!! My back is killing me and I am tired...and having pregnancy insomnia..and he's sitting there in our 3 bedroom condo....with all the baby stuff and MY stuff. Hence why I am divorcing the man! :grumble:

Sooo, I am 100% capable of being amicable after this.....I don't think he is.

Sorry, had to vent for a second. :ohwell:

I am doing OK. My lower back is really hurting me the last 2 days. I can barely keep myself straight when walk. Ugh!

Calgon, take me away!!! :drinker:
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Tam - I just have to say that I would like to sock your ex right now. Sorry for being so blunt but it makes me furious that he is so selfish as to let the mother of his child and soon to be second child have to worry about where to stay etc while he sits back amongst all your stuff taking his sweet time to find a new place. :grumble: :devil: Will any of your family becoming to Conn to help out when you give birth?

Have you tried any stretching/stretching exercises for your beck? Or maybe a brace to hold up your belly to take some of the weight off those muscles?

How exciting you are having a shower!! Your friends sound really great!

K - How was your shower?

I am going to sign up for some child birth classes today and also have a couple yoga classes to call on. I have also started my shower planning as far as dates/attendees lists. So fun!

Still not sleeping very well but think I am getting used to it. Thanks to all of you who commented on the lack of sleep!! :laugh:

Hugs -C
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning gals!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I stayed home as my back was KILLING me. And still not feeling 100% today so will see how it goes. The shower was wonderful! We got TONS of great stuff and I used the gift cards I got to buy the remaining things I needed yesterday. SO...we are almost all ready! Car seat base is in the car now, my hospital bag is almost completely packed...just a few more things and I can say I'm ready!:bigsmile: What a great feeling! We have our prenatal class this coming Saturday all day. Hope to learn some great things!

How is everyone doing?
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    man...you guys are so much further along than i am. the first few weeks i must've been bloated or something because i was showing...now i'm not really showing anymore. a little but not really. and i'm 10 weeks along and it's so frustrating to not be able to feel the baby to be reassured that everything is okay. i know if there was something wrong, then my body would kinda tell me but i still worry. :ohwell:

so how are all you lovely ladies doing?
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    Good Morning Girls!!

Boy K & Tam, you to are making me nervous about the backaches to come! They sound terrrible! Does stretching help or Tylenol?

I noticed yesterday that my little one was not being as active as normal so I am feeling nervous. Right now for instance is usually a really active kicking time but not much is happening. Scary! I may have to call my OB today before I start to panic.

Femmrides, when is your next OB appt? It is normal for you to not feel anything at 10 weeks so try not to worry too much. Pregnancy is such a nervous time!!

Hope you all have a great day! I have to start my work day now, whoopedeedoo! :ohwell:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning!:yawn: I am SO tired!:yawn:

Cris...If you're worried about the movement, try having some caffeine and/or sugar to get that baby into gear. This will reassure you that everything is fine. A close friend of mine is an OB and this is what she had me do when I was having the same issue way-back-when. Yes...the backaches are not pleasant. I don't really like taking anything (even Tylenol) so I'm not sure if that would help. Sometimes it's just the body's way of saying "Hey! Take a break!" So...that's what I do and it seems to help. I hope you don't have too many back issues later in your pregnancy.

femmerides...I know how you're feeling. Until I could feel my little munchkin moving around, I was always nervous and thinking the worst! It's nice to have the reassurance. But I'm sure everything is going great and you will soon be feeling those first soft kicks!:bigsmile:

Tam...I feel so badly for you. I can't imagine going through such a tough situation while begin pregnant. I'm sure the preggo hormones are all kinds of help. :ohwell: But you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly, and like I said, I know you can get through this. Just think positively! And focus on the happy things...like your upcoming shower! YAY! That will be fun, I'm sure! Can't wait to hear about all the great things you get! :bigsmile: And then September 4th will be right around the corner...and your new little guy will be here! SO exciting!:bigsmile:

Well...time for me to get to some work! To all you other ladies...Good morning! I'll BBL!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I noticed yesterday that my little one was not being as active as normal so I am feeling nervous. Right now for instance is usually a really active kicking time but not much is happening. Scary! I may have to call my OB today before I start to panic.

I was ALWAYS on the phone with my OB when I was nervous about things like that!!! I musta had them on speed dial. :wink:

Like Cris said, throw back a little caffeine to get the baby wiggling. Or drink a large glass of cold water. Sometimes that will do the trick. Remember that your movement lulls the baby into rest, which is why the kid sleeps while you are awake and moving, and the kid is awake and kicking when you are still and trying to rest!! If you sit still long enough, kiddo might get bored and give the tummy some flutters.

But if you are nervous, CALL your OB. That is what they are there for, and they take hundreds of worried calls from first time pregnant mothers all day long. :flowerforyou:
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    The baby started kicking lots this afternoon so i must have just missed the memo on the new change in schedule lol! Thank you all for the comforting words!

K - how did you make out at your shower? Do you have everything you need now? I do not like to take anything either so I agree with the rest vs Tylenol.

I have a massive sweet tooth today so am about to make a homemade cherry pie! mm-mm.... lots of sugar but also can count as a couple servings of fruit :wink:

Hope you days are going well girls!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Cris...glad the baby's kicking! :bigsmile: Yes...I did pretty good with my shower! Did end up having to go buy bottles, pacifiers, and onesies. But now I have pretty much everything I need! You said your shower will be sometime in September, right?

Tam...LOVE the new profile picture!!!!

Well ladies...I'm headed home a little early today (I have to get an oil change in the Tahoe). Have a good afternoon and I'll be back tomorrow!:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey...quick question for you ladies who already have children...do you have or use a baby sling? I'm looking to get one, but can't find one I like. Any suggestions?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Hey...quick question for you ladies who already have children...do you have or use a baby sling? I'm looking to get one, but can't find one I like. Any suggestions?

Tried but my kiddo hated it. She also hated her vibrating seat, the carseat, and her jumper. My kid is high maintenance though! :wink:

My other mommy friends all had slings and LOVE THEM. I will try to get a hold of a brand name for you soon. I have a friend who very recently bought on that she adores.

Most babies love them. Feels like the womb again. Most moms love them. Frees up your arms for cleaning bottles. :laugh:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    :bigsmile: Thanks Lauryn...if you find the names, let me know!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! :smile:

Hope you're all well.

I think pregnancy is just a time that you worry about everything. It's horrible! You become a mother the second you find out your pregnant because that is when the worry begins and it never ends!

We have all been there with the baby not moving when he/she normally does....it is enough to drive you crazy sometimes!

K, glad your shower was fun and you got lots of stuff! It's so fun to celebrate this new life!!

Yes, this backache stinks and I woke up Monday night around 3 am with a cramp in my calf. My calf is still sore!! I don't like taking anything either. I just hate the feeling.

I was able to move back into my condo on Monday. This is good and I can get everything done now. Phew!! I think things are settling down a bit. Yes, I am reminded of why I asked for the divorce...but he seems to be a bit calmer and not in panic mode (which means being extra mean when he's feeling like that). I guess the newness of my decision is wearing off and we are settling into the routine now. That should help.

Talk to yous guys latah!! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

A bit pricey imo BUT probably worth the investment. No, strike that. WORTH the investment.
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28026132

Might want to check other etsy sites while you are poking around.
  • kistinbee
    Options

A bit pricey imo BUT probably worth the investment. No, strike that. WORTH the investment.
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28026132

Might want to check other etsy sites while you are poking around.

These are cute, but I want more like a over-one-shoulder sling. For example:

http://www.hotslings.com/baby_slings/everyday_collection/cocoa

or

http://www.hugamonkey.com/baby-slings

What do you guys think? I think I just want to get a brown one. These prices seem okay, but how do you decide over one or the other?
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    K - I like the Hotslings better because it looks to sit up higher and provide better support for the baby and less strain on your neck and shoulders. I am having a hard time deciding between a sling and a traditional front/back carrier. I almost think I may register for 1 and buy the other. I like that Dad can use the traditional carrier and I can use the sling and breast feed at the same time.

I have also been checking out diaper alternatives and have decide to go with G Diapers. They break down in 50 days verses the traditional diaper that breaks down in 500 years and are really cute. I figure I can counter the expense by making my own baby food and breast feeding...
    http://www.gdiapers.com/

I just love all this planning; it is getting me so excited!!!

Tam - I am so happy to hear you are back in your condo! Yeah! :drinker: Now that you are settled again in that way the other areas will fall into place with time. Will your soon to be ex be attending the birth? If so, that may help you form a new kind of bond and help with the animosity.

I have been getting leg cramps for a couple weeks now. I have actually gotten up well before my alarm goes off that past 3 morning because I cannot handle the leg pain and have to get up and walk around. My start at my knees and go to the ankle so it is a mixture of knee and calf. I was hoping extra water would help and also tried walking at night but neither seem to make a difference.

There is just so much to worry and be nervous about all the time. It makes me wonder how my Mom did this! I was a BAD teenager and now I feel really guilty knowing she must have just been beside herself with worry the nights I was MIA and such. I really hope this child is nothing like I was!

Back to the grind for me....:ohwell:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Cris, talk to your doctor about those leg cramps!! They might recommend something as simple as eating more potassium (bananas) or they might look into it more in depth. Having them daily seems odd to me.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Ah the leg cramps! I have those too. Not all the time. But when I sleep I do have to change positions and it helps to have a pillow between my legs.