The Preggo Platform

Options

Replies

• JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am officially joining this thread! I am in my 8th week of pregnancy. Haven't told anyone but my hubbie and 2-year-old son (but he doesn't know what I'm talking about)! So you ladies are the first to know! We kind of like to keep things quiet until the 2nd trimester, share a secret between us! I have been tuning into this thread every now and again, and am excited for all of you! I have been feeling pretty good overall-much better than my first pregnancy. A little nausea here and there, and an occassional migraine-UGGH, but overall great-I love to be preggo!

I hope you all have a good weekend!
  • wendymuse
    wendymuse Posts: 39
    Options
    That is great. You look small. I was telling one of my friends today that has a 6 month old herself about reading your post.

Your post encouraged me to think I can lose the weight and keep it off if I become pregnant again.

Thanks for posting.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am officially joining this thread! I am in my 8th week of pregnancy. Haven't told anyone but my hubbie and 2-year-old son (but he doesn't know what I'm talking about)! So you ladies are the first to know! We kind of like to keep things quiet until the 2nd trimester, share a secret between us! I have been tuning into this thread every now and again, and am excited for all of you! I have been feeling pretty good overall-much better than my first pregnancy. A little nausea here and there, and an occassional migraine-UGGH, but overall great-I love to be preggo!

I hope you all have a good weekend!
    Hey! Welcome to you and best of luck!

I feel so honored!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Wow, I love all the preggo's on here!! :happy:

Migraines are rough in pregnancy since you are so limited in what you can take! UGH!! Hope you don't get too many!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    That is great. You look small. I was telling one of my friends today that has a 6 month old herself about reading your post.

Your post encouraged me to think I can lose the weight and keep it off if I become pregnant again.

Thanks for posting.
    Thank you!! And I am so glad to hear you feel encouraged. Pregnancy definitely doesn't mean going back to old habits. :flowerforyou:

Best of luck sweetie! :happy:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning gals!

JMAMA...WELCOME!:flowerforyou: We are SO excited to have you join us!!!!

I am TIRED this morning!:yawn: Can't seem to wake up! Gotta get started on some work, but I'll check back a little later!

Have a good morning!
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Girls!!

JAMA congrats!!!! I joined this thread a while before telling anyone I was pregnant too and it was a nice way to share excitement without letting the cat out of the bag! Welcome!!!

I did not get enough sleep this week so today I am dragging. I am trying to get work done but it is hapening very slowly :ohwell:

I am getting big really fast and am becoming very worried about my weight gain. I noticed yesterday that a pair of pants I wore on the 4th are now very tight! That was only a weeke ago!!! I do not know what to do. I have been walking at night and trying to eat well. I feel like I have to diet and that just seems ridiculous to me. My thighs and bum are growing as quickly as my belly :(. Ugh... Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Cris....I went through the same thing. Just get in as much walking as you can and yes...try and eat healthy. It's hard...I know. I have gained more than I wanted, but yes...dieting while pregnant seems rediculous, and so I will just work hard to lose this baby weight after said baby is born!:wink: You'll be fine! Then after your little one arrives, you can join me in the quest to re-define our waists!:laugh:
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I see that some of you are frustrated with your weight gain. Don't worry about it. just do your best to slow down the gain from here on out and just do longer walks. And remember, once the baby is born you'll most likely lose 20lbs right out the door (within the first month). So don't stress out TOO much but make sure you're being healthy for those babies! :bigsmile:

How was everyone's weekend? Mine wasn't all that eventful but I'm proud to say that I have been running 3.3 miles a day and loving it! I just bought this book "Running & Pregnancy" and it is SOOO good! :bigsmile:

Anyways, I hope you all have a great week! BBL!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Wow femmerides! I wish SO badly that I had been able to continue running throughout this pregnancy. I miss it!:sad: My weekend was busy! Saturday we had a wedding and Sunday I had a bridal shower. Then last night I babysat my 4 month old neice...who was not in a good mood...but I still love to watch her!
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the warm welcomes! I am excited! Those of you concerned with the growing waist line, it's inevitable. My first pregancy I bought one of those bella bands, and didn't even wear it-my pants would fall down. A few weeks ago I got some jeans from Nords in LA while visiting my friend and they are elastic waist band jeans-they look identical to maternity jeans-i plan on wearing those when i can't fit into my regular clothes, but pre-maternity.

Hope you all have a great week! Chinese gender chart-and a psychic my mom knows both say it's a girl! I will keep you posted-it would be great to have one of each, but I love my little roudy boy!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning gals! Guess what?! We made it "official" with our daycare provider last night! YAY! So...no more need to worry about that! Really...all I have left is to pack my hospital bag (which I already kind of started)! So...I think I'm doing pretty good!

How are you all doing this morning?
  • femmerides
    Options
    congrats kistinbee! :bigsmile: that's the most worrisome part i think. so kudos to you for getting it done early!

how's everyone else doing this morning? i hope all is well! BBL!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hey all! Hope you're well! :smile:

K, that is great to get that all settled!! :flowerforyou:

We are getting close now huh?? Crazy!! :tongue:

:flowerforyou:
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    I was checking out the Chinese Gender charts.

I looked to see what my son was supposed to be. (I was 28, conceived in Nov) One of them says he was to be a girl, the other said boy!! Then I looked to see what this baby was supposed to be (I'm 32, conceived in March)... and they were the opposite!!!! So, I have no idea REALLY what the sex of this baby is. :laugh:

Hopefully we'll find out in the next 4 weeks or so!

My best wishes to all the mommies!! :flowerforyou:
  • femmerides
    Options
    ugh! i'm so frustrated right now. i run every day but the last two days have been in the low 100's and it's too hot. When I don't run, I always go over my calories. I weighed myself two days ago and I was 188. I'm 193 now!! :sad: :sad: :sad: WTF???!?!?!?!?! I'm freaking out. ugh. So I can't go running now because it's HELLA hot but I'm gonna wake up SUPER early tomorrow and go for a run. I hope it's all water weight. I really do. :sad:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning gals!

femmerides...don't worry hun...it's prolly water weight. :flowerforyou:

Tam...yes, we are SO close! I'm getting very anxious!:bigsmile:

ANYways...no time to chat. Meetings ALL day today! So...I probably won't be back until tomorrow. Have a FABULOUS day ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning!

Quickly checking in. I'm leaving work at noon today and we leave tomorrow morning for Canada for a week. SO...I probably won't be back on here until the 27th! :sad: Have a FABULOUS week girls and I'll talk to you in a week!:flowerforyou:
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hope you have a great time in Canada eh!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Bye K! Have a safe trip!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone else is doing well!! :happy:
  • femmerides
    Options
    OH fun! Have a safe trip!

How is everyone today?

Tamtastic - Since this is your second baby, how quickly did you start showing? I'm only 7 weeks and I haven't gained any weight but my stomach is DEFINITELY starting to stick out. A few of my friends said that at first it sticks out really quick but then slows down and doesn't pick up speed again until weeks 30 - 40. How did your body respond to baby #2?