The Preggo Platform

Options

Replies

• Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I had to read way back on the posts to catch up; cannot believe it has been that long since I checked in!

All in well with me. I am 14 weeks and finally into my second trimester. I think I have a little more energy now and the nausea is finally fading. No more weird food issues either; it is pretty nice for a change!

I have been mostly walking my dog lately and stopped going to the gym weeks ago when the sickness was relentless and making me feel so horrible that exercise was out of the question. I think I will try to get back to the elliptical or bike later in the week this week.

K - how was the glucose test? Your nursery sounds cute!

Tam - I hope you fee better soon. Migraines are so unbearable and to have to deal with one amongst the other joys of pregnancy sounds really difficult.

Do you all find that your husbands just really don't get what we are going through? My hubby tries to be supportive but I can tell he really just expects me to be the same old me and I am just not. He doesn't understand the extreme exhaustion or the hormones etc. and at times it can be really trying. I am working to just stay even keeled about it but have to admit I will likely have a melt down soon :laugh: Men have it so easy! Ugh....
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Tam...I hope the migraine passes soon. I know how frustrating those can be. I've had a few since I've been pregnant and they don't help things any!

Cris...YAY! Trimester 2! I'm glad you've been feeling better. I did pass the glucose test! It wasn't too bad either...just very sugary! Baby's HR was 166 after and I swear it was doing somersaults in my belly!:laugh: I can relate with the hubby issues. But other than the lack of exercise and eating more unhealthy choices, I haven't been much different. It may actually be hard on my body, but I still am cooking and cleaning like usual...doing things in the garden and making the normal weekly errands. I do fall asleep much easier (like watching movies on the couch and even just talking) but I really haven't had bad hormone swings or anything. So, I guess I've been lucky. But I told Michael to beware of postpartum. My hormone may just be waiting until then! We shall see... But yeah...I think Michael tries but he doesn't really understand either. He sometimes gets mad when I want to go home earlier from certain events and what-not. It's not because I don't want to be around people, it's because I'm tired or hot and have a heated weight attached to my frontside. But he usually doesn't complain much. Hope it doesn't get too bad for you.

Well...time for me to eat some lunch! I made a huge salad for today and am pretty excited! I'll check back later!
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    I had a huge salad for lunch too and it was delicious! I crave salad a lot lately and ice cream. Could probably live on just those two things right now if that was healthy!

I think the hubby will get used to things and me feeling better has to help. I was a bear there for a while which I can admit but it is just hard to be nice when you feel crummy!

I just checked the weather hoping to see relief coming but it is supposed to be in the 90s all week here. We do not have air at home so I have been just sweating all day working at the computer and my ankle are cankles now! lol! I am actually wish I worked at the office right now just for the air conditioning :wink:

Hope you all have a great day!

-C
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Yeah...thank goodness for AC...I would DIE without! Honestly...I don't know how you're doing it Cris! It's over 100 with the heat index here! Sheesh!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Well, had my OB appt today....everything was good......with the vitals anyway...

I guess my glucose came back LOW actually...more on the hypoglycemic side..so I may need MORE sugar sometimes...and was told to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks at regular intervals.

Not gestational diabetes but still something to watch, I guess!! :ohwell:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning gals! Another day, and I'm not feeling so FAB this morning. Horrible headache that started last night. I think I may skip outta work a little early today. Good news though...I think I have my daycare figured out. Been meeting with the lady 2 streets away from us who does in-home day care. She seems wonderful (although VERY chatty). I want to check out a few more places but I think we will probably end up going with her. Also...I got my dressers for the nursery and started to set them up last night. Will finish probably tonight (depending on this darn headache!

Tam...Wow...no one's EVER told me to eat MORE sugar!:laugh: But yes....something to watch. Take care of yourself and that little guy!

The rest of you gals...how are you today?

Gotta start on some work so I can hopefully leave early! Have a great morning and I'll check back later!
  • moniike1
    moniike1 Posts: 20
    Options
    hey guys hope everyone is having a great day i hope everyone feels better! i am almost 9 weeks pretty tired i am fortunate though i don't work in summer months. so i get sleep in if i really need to!
    I already have two boys and baseball allstar season is killing me (hot, hot) my nutrition is lacking especially at the ball park. we just won district on tuesday and state starts tonight (thursday all the way through to tuesday again.

I am going to the dr on tues. i switched so this will be my first appt with him. I am so excited and anxious to get there so i can hear that heartbeat!!!!!!!!!! I am nervous about it too.

hey this is funny matt my husband keeps telling that i am going to have twins, i guess because it is so different this go around nausea gets pretty bad and all i want to do is sleep. anyway , we played monopoly with our boys last night omg took forever! matt's first trip around the board he landed on community chest and you should have seen his face!!!!! it said pay the hospital $100 and had a picture on the card of the monopoly guy holding two babies (1 boy, 1 girl)! OMG matt that is the amount we are going to have to pay at hospital for real !!!!!!!!! hehe:smile:
  • iWillnotQUIT
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!! I am almost 7 weeks... a very nice Father's Day surprise I must say!! Thanks TamTastic for introducing the 4th of July Challenge group to this website... Funny just a few weeks ago I posted some advice to check out FitPregnancy.com. WHO KNEW!? :happy: so here I am! Look forward to sharing some healthy/fitness advice with all of you! :flowerforyou: So glad I got 1/2 way to my goal at least... Doc reminded me yesterday that I would be gaining up to 30 lbs. Oooffahh.... we heard the :heart:beat yesterday.... what a miracle.... Have a great day!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Happy Monday!

iWillnotQUIT...Welcome!!!!:flowerforyou: And congratulations! Tell us a little about yourself! Is this your first?

moniike...Funny! My husband is a twin and people were always saying we were going to have twins...thank goodness there's only one in there!:laugh: I don't think I could handle two right off the bat!

Tam...hope you had a good weekend!

Cris...how are you doing, girl?

Me...I stayed home Friday...had a horrible migraine which kept me in bed most of the day. Saturday we went to a wedding and yesterday I pretty much finished the nursery! A few last touches and then I'll take some pictures! SO exciting! And I made my July goal! YAY!

Well...I need to get started on some work, but I'll BBL!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Congratulations on your pregnancies! I'm SUPER jealous! :sad: My husband and I have a 1 year old girl (Shelby) who is WONDERFUL! However, it took us 3.5 years to get pregnant with her. We knew having baby #2 would take some time so we've been trying since Shelby was 3 months old. Still no luck. :brokenheart: We're hoping it won't take as long this time. Hopefully we can get pregnant with baby #2 by Christmas.

I hope you all have great pregnancies! Enjoy every minute of it. It goes by WAY too fast. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks femmerides! :flowerforyou: I'm sending you some baby dust!!!! ******************* Hope you get preggo again soon!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all you expecting mommies!!! My "baby days" are over, but babies are so sweet that sometimes I want another. :ohwell: I guess that means I'll just have to spoil my baby niece Elizabeth more!!
  • femmerides
    Options
    okay...so i have a question. for my first pregnancy i had lost 70lbs before getting preggo but still had about 40 - 50 lbs to lose. My doc said it was okay for me to keep exercising and eating 1500-1800 cals a days. If I lost weight, that was OK. I was still overweight so I was still being HEALTHY for the baby but still being healthy for me. WELL, I didn't listen. I was paranoid about miscarrying so I walked everyday but still gained 70lbs back. Ugh. I've lost all those pounds since then BUT I'm thinking ahead about my next pregnancy. We REALLY want another baby but I'm kinda scared. I still have about 30lbs to lose. HOWEVER, I don't really want to wait to lose it BEFORE getting pregnant. Can't I just continue all my normal exercises since my body is used to them and just up my cals by like 200 or 300 cals a day? What do you ladies think?
  • kistinbee
    Options
    femmerides...yes. I think you can continue to do anything your body is used to! I wish I had been able to continue with my exercise routine. But I was sick...for a long time. So I haven't been exercising nearly as much as I should and definetely not like I used to. I try and walk when I can or get on our elliptical at home. But I've gained much more than I wanted. Now it's just making sure I'm eating healthy and getting plenty of rest during this last stretch. Then I'll get myself back into a routine of some sort. But yes...you should be able to continue with whatever your body is used to...at least up until the last trimester!

Well...no real time to chat this morning ladies. I have to get started on some work! I'll BBL!
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!!

I am finally feeling like a normal human being wahoo! After being sick for 14 weeks ,this week 15 seems like a breeze! I still get really tired early in the evening but I make it through the day and am getting stuff done around the house again and not having all teh mood swings!! Have be trying to get back into exercising more now that I am not so ill. I totally feel ya Kristin, once you are sick for months on end it is really easy to escape the exercise routine.

femmerides - I had 2 miscarriages being very careful in the past and with this pregnancy I was working out and dieting when I found out I was pregnant and kept up that same exercise routine ( 5 days a week) up until the morning (all day) sickness started. I honestly think that you should keep exercising as much as your body is used to and that miscarriage is nothing you are physically doing but instead an unknown happening that cannot be stopped. If the pregnancy is not healthy for any reason it will terminate, the most you can do is just be healthy for you and try not to stress it too much (I know this is hard!).

I hope you all have a great day! Back to work for me!

-C
  • femmerides
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! That helped a lot. I was just so paranoid my first pregnancy. AH! Hopefully if I get pregnant soon it'll be better. :bigsmile:

If you don't mind me asking...how much weight have you ladies gained? Do you have weekly or monthly goal you're trying to meet?

The reason I ask is because when I was pregnant I ate SUPER healthy and went walking 5 days a week for 45 minutes a day. I still gained 70lbs. My co-worker ate like S**T for 40 weeks and LITERALLY gained ONE POUND!! I was SOOO pissed. She ended up going from 160lbs to 161lbs in 40 weeks. AND then to top it all off she got down to 130lbs (the lightest she has EVER been) within 2 months after having her baby. She didn't exercise, she didn't eat right, she just lost it all and WAY more. I was so upset. lol. but hey, at least i know my little one had the BEST opportunity to be healthy. and now she's a veggie freak. :bigsmile:

have a great day ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    WELL...let me say I've definetely gained more than 1 pound! WOW! Nope...I've probably gained about 30-35 pounds already...maybe even a little more than that. I was hoping to gain 30-35 total, but due to some poor eating habits earlier during my pregnancy and the lack of exercise, it crept up quickly. Now I'm just trying to stay healthy for the remainder. And my goal is to lose all the gained weight within a year after delivery...that seems like a safe amount of time. If you figure, you gain it over 9 months, and losing usually takes longer than gaining, so the extra 3 months should totally be allowed! That's my goal anyway.
  • femmerides
    Options
    That's a great goal. It took me a year to lose the 68lbs and so I'm only 2lbs away. lol. :bigsmile:

BIG NEWS!!!!

I'M PREGNANT!!!!

I felt funny this morning, slightly nauseas (I NEVER get nauseas) so I went to the doc and got a test done and sure enough, I'm PREGNANT!! I'm sooo excited! So, now I can OFFICIALLY join you ladies. :heart:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    OMG!!!! How exciting!!!!! And to think...maybe my baby dust worked!!!:laugh: :laugh:

YAY!!!! Congrats!!!! And a big "official" welcome to our group!!!

I gotta head home...but I'll be back tomorrow! Have a FABULOUS afternoon!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Sorry, I've been MIA. Just a lot going on lately! :ohwell:

Willnotquit! WELCOME and congrats!!:flowerforyou:

Femmerides...........congrats to you and WELCOME! :flowerforyou: And, you can continue exercise as long as you were already active. Starting a new program isn't a great idea. I have been exercising regularly for the majority of this pregnancy. Just had to tone it down due to my body telling me to! haha! So, instead of the elliptical like I was, I am walking here and there. It stinks but..gotta do what you gotta do for the safety of the baby right?? :wink: :smile: So, just listen to your body and you should be OK!!

Cris, glad you are feeling better!! :flowerforyou:

K-hope you are doing well! Don't worry about the weight thing. You are going to be so busy with that new little person in a few weeks........the weight will fall off! Trust me..you get time to yourself......sleeping wins over eating every time! :laugh: :laugh: