The Preggo Platform

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Welcome vipersgirl! So...tell us a little about yourself? Is this your first pregnancy? Congrats btw!

Cris...still want to see those u/s pictures!

Tam, Tiff, moniike...how are you ladies this morning?
  • vipersgirl28
    Options
    Thank you kistinbee. Congrats on the new tahoo.

It's definitely not my first pregnancy. #7 but that is including the miscarriages. I have thyroid disease, high blood pressure and it seems to be very hard for me to lose weight. Currently weight about 283. Only a little bit of that is baby. :smile:

I try to eat right but its hard with that morning sickness/nausea. I have a big aversions to most meats right now. I can handle almost burnt hot dogs though. Good thing is I am craving veggies and fruit. :smile: Ice cream is another big one on my list of must have's. Usually just a small scoop so I do not over do it.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Wow...so how many kids do you have then, viper?

I can relate to the ice cream cravings...that's my weakness. I eat some everyday!:blushing: And it's not always a small scoop for me!:blushing: Ah well...once this baby comes out, it's back to running!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am not pregnant, it has been a long time since, my youngest turns 11 on Thursday :noway:
    Just wanted to say it brings back memories and I wish I had something like this back then for support. You girls are great! Good luck to everyone.

Oh, and viper, hope all is well and at least you are sticking to a scoop, my first born I gained 90 lbs with and my doctor mostly contributed that to the quart of coffee flavored haagen dazs I ate......everyday! :blushing:

:heart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Sorry! Been so MIA lately.....I am all preggo brain...and space cadet lately!! :tongue:

Had a great time in Gettysburg. We stayed in a lovely B&B in nearby Hanover, PA. The Beechmont Inn! EXCELLENT place if you are ever in that area! WONDERFUL breakfast!

Hope you are all well!! I am feeling braxton-hicks already!! :ohwell: So my body is gearing up for labor.........even though I'm having a scheduled c-section! :laugh: I will hopefully find out my c-section date at my appointment next Wed!

And welcome to Viper and Tiff(though I know Tiff well already!! haha!!!)

We preggos rock!! WOO!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Oh, and I crave a lot of cereal! :blushing:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning!:yawn: SO tired today! Oh well!

Tam...I can't belive you're already having Braxton Hicks! I haven't felt any yet. And I can relate with the cereal...cereal and ice cream are my two craves! YUM...I want some now!:tongue:

Been working on the nursery lately. Just ordered my dressers/changing table which should be here in the next week or so. The crib is set up and we're just touch-up painting. We put up the window valences last night. Tonight I need to mop the floor and wash all the bedding. YAY! Getting VERY excited! I will post pictures once it's all complete...probably not for another couple weeks.

How are you ladies doing today?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hey K! Yes, the braxton-hicks! FUN! It was mostly Monday. Not so bad since! They are weird..like a pulling/tightening in your abdomen.....like a charlie horse without pain. They don't hurt really...but more uncomfortable! And just makes your already tight abdomen feel like its going to explode!! haha!

Your nursery sounds cute! I need to get the boys room finished. I can't believe I'm going to have TWO boys!! :noway: :noway: HELP ME!!! :laugh: :laugh:

What is everyone else up to??? :flowerforyou:
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    I remember the braxton-hicks from my first pregnancy. I had no idea what they were until I had some real contractions, then I thought.... OH?!!!!!! That's what those were. :laugh:

I won't get to find out what we are having for 10 more weeks! :ohwell:

I'm at week 10 now. :smile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I remember the braxton-hicks from my first pregnancy. I had no idea what they were until I had some real contractions, then I thought.... OH?!!!!!! That's what those were. :laugh:

I won't get to find out what we are having for 10 more weeks! :ohwell:

I'm at week 10 now. :smile:
    Wow! I will be like a week away from delivering when you find out!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yes, BH are NOTHING like true contractions! I DID experience those too before I got the epidural and before I ended up with a c-section anyway! :grumble: :tongue: :laugh:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well I haven't had anything noticable yet...maybe I won't even notice if I have any. Who knows!

Yeah...can you belive it Tam? Only like 11 more weeks! CRAZY!

I did work on the nursery a little more last night. All the touch up painting is done. I have all the bedding washed. I just need my hubby to move a dresser to the basement bedroom and then I can mop the floor. Getting there!

How are all you ladies doing today?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hey K! I know...11 weeks! Just crazy stuff!! I need to get my rear in gear and get everything done! :smile:

Having a good day but haven't felt great. I was 40 minutes into my hour on the elliptical at the gym and started feeling really strange. Dizzy and nauseous...and started to feel the braxton-hicks. So, I stopped a few times to see if it would help but I never seemed to feel better so I cut the workout short. I went to sit in the locker room to rest a bit before feeling comfortable enough to go get J.T. from the daycare and drive home. Really weird! I'm still kind of weak.

Guess it's my body's way of telling me it's time to slow down a bit! :ohwell: I am just trying to exercise as long as possible since I won't be able to for a few weeks following my c-section.

And K, you might feel them but won't be sure what they were. I was feeling them with my first baby and it wasn't until someone told me they didn't feel like regular contractions or that "period cramp" feeling...but more a tightening of the muscles in your abdomen...doesn't hurt...and then I realized I DID have them!! :wink:

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good day!! :smile:
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Ladies! I have a wonderful 5 month old daughter (my first) but I am alsready totally envious of you pregnant ladies! After having my daughter and realizing how amazing the whole experience of preganancy, birth and motherhood is, I just wish I could stay at home and have babies! Enjoy every minute and I can't wait to check back in here and see all the pictures of the new babies. All of you are definitely great motivation being on here and committed to being healthy through your pregnancies. I want to loose this weight so that I will be healthy to conceive whenever I am ready!

Kate
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks Kate!:flowerforyou: Your daughter is ADORABLE!

Tam...have fun at your glucose test today! We can report back on Monday!:wink: And yes...there's a good chance then that I have had some braxton-hicks and didn't notice. Because there have been some times where my abdomen gets tight and then releases, but I just thought it was some weird cramps or something. Funny...that may be what it was! Be careful with the exercise. You need to take care of your body and that baby. I really wish I had worked out more throughout this pregnancy and now it's getting harder to. I try and walk with the dogs when I can. I know I've already gained more weight than I should, and I still have this last trimester (with plenty of baby growing) to get through. It makes me disappoineted in myself, but anxious to start working out again after the baby is born! I can't wait to go running again! It will take me a while to get back into the swing of things since it will have been like 7 months without any real working out, but I know I can do it!

ANYways...I should probably get to some work since I'm leaving at 11:45 to head to my glucose test! Hope all you ladies are having a good morning, and I'll check back on Monday! Much love!:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hi Kate! Welcome! :) I agree, your daughter is SOOO cute!! :flowerforyou:

K, the glucose test was fine. That drink is just so sickly sweet!! :sick:.........I am sure you know that by now!! haha I downed it at 8:36 and got my blood test done an hour later and was leaving around 9:40. Not TOO bad and J.T. behaved himself for the most part! :wink:

Yes I am going to listen to my body more. I wasn't in the mood to go to the gym yesterday but forced myself...and I think it was my body telling me to take a break!! :tongue:

And yes, you probably are getting the BH!! :laugh: There are so many things to get used to in pregnancy!! :ohwell:

Talk to you on Monday! :flowerforyou:
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    I'm not preggo but I was a year ago... but i just wanted to say that your due date is my birthday and I wish you nothing but the best
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I don't remember braxton hicks with either of my babies. My first one had to be induced, she did not want to come out........for a long time :sad:
    My second one I didn't know what to really expect and I thought I was maybe in labor and didn't want to worry my hubs but at 3am when my water broke it woke us both up and my son came quick, he couldn't wait to get out and start climbing things! :laugh:

Keep it up ladies, you are all doing great.........and Tami, you should listen to your body and get some rest because life after baby #2 is way different than life after baby 1 and you are going to need the rest :wink:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Another Monday! And I am SOOOOOO tired!:yawn: I think I'm going to try and get on my elliptical this evening...I really need to be doing something. And I still have these last few months to get my body ready for labor. I am so disappointed I didn't start earlier! And it's WAY too humid to walk outside with the dogs...so elliptical it is!

Well...gotta get to some work! Have a FABULOUS morning ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • vipersgirl28
    Options
    how late into the pregnancy is everyone going to exercise?

I am going to go as long as I can. Right now I do my exercise bike for 15 minutes and it is on the "ride in the park" level 3. its really gentle with a few small rolling hills. I also do three sets of arm strength training.

I do not think that I will be able to do the bike the entire pregnancy. But I am going to have to keep my cardio up there somehow.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning gals!

Vipersgirl...I had hoped to exercise throughout the pregnancy, however, my body decided differently and I quit early due to being sick a bunch and feeling miserable!:grumble: And now I've gained much more than I wanted and it kind of disappoints me. But I've been feeling great and am started to add in a little exercise now. Hopefully I can work hard these last 11 weeks to get my body all ready for labor! I'm starting by doing 15-20 minutes each day on the elliptical and tonight I'm going to go check out some pregnancy workout videos at the library. Hopefully I can find one with some light weight work and stretching. I also love walking with my two dogs, however it is extremely humid right now and so I won't be doing that at the moment! I also printed off some Exercises to Help You Prepare for Childbirth from American Baby. I'm hoping to get those in each day as well. It's funny how I suddenly have this urge and motivation to start getting back to some sort of routine!

Tam...what kind of exercise are you still doing? Are you doing any weight work?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Hope you are all doing well!! :flowerforyou:

I have been fighting a migraine since yesterday afternoon...and didn't sleep well! :ohwell:

K, I have basically been sticking to the elliptical...but have been doing an hour at level 19...so the resistance has been keeping me strong as well. I do it about 3 days a week lately..

I hope to continue on up until I give birth....even if I have to lessen the intensity due to the issues I was having. Since I will have to have another c-section, I won't be able to exercise for awhile after the surgery!

But, I have continued to be active in other ways too and try to make sure to get out and about! :happy:

Take care guys!! Ciao 4 now!!

-Tam