The Preggo Platform

Options

Replies

• femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    That's TamTastic!! I am starting a 90 day ChaLEAN Extreme challenge on the 5th but I've already done it once (I finished it only a week or two ago). I just took a break to let my body recoup. So my doc says it'll be fine as long as I listen to my body and stop when I really can't go anymore. But since ChaLEAN is mainly strength training, I think I'll be fine. And I'm gonna continue my 4 mile daily runs. I saw this women in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago that looked like she was ready to pop but she was running! It was so inspiring. plus, i have a 5k and a 10k to train for! i would love to run those both while pregnant! :bigsmile: this pregnancy is motivating me like nothing else! i want to be super healthy for this baby! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    GOOD morning ladies! We are definetely getting quite the group on here now! Exciting!:bigsmile:

I go back to the doctor today...just a normal two week appointment. So should be no big deal. Interested to see what the heart rate is this week. It was crazy high last time due to the gluose test. So, I'll let you know how it goes.

femmerides...I SO miss running! If you can keep it up and are feeling great, you totally should! That will be the first thing I do after I have this baby and my doc allows it! I can't wait! What is your due date?

Tam...I know...I keep telling myself that I will be able to lose it. And like I had mentioned in an earlier post, I will give myself a year to lose it all in a healthy way. And it will be nice because I'll have the winter to work hard at it (I am always good at working out more in the winters). I hope you are feeling well. Did they schedule a C-section date yet?

Everyone else...HELLO! Hope you are having a good morning!

I gotta get to some work, but I'll check back later!
  • femmerides
    Options
    hi kistinbee! good luck on your appt! my due date right now is february 22nd, 2010. seems ages away. lol. but we'll know for sure at my u/s on the 10th.

funny story..so a few weeks ago, after my workouts, i was craving mustard so bad! i thought it was because i was sweating so much. how funny to know now that it was the baby! :laugh: i hate mustard most days so i guess that should have been a sign. i wanted mustard so bad that i would get a boca burger patty and microwave it and then slather it in mustard for a 70 calorie treat. :bigsmile: oh man. too funny.

have any of you had weird healthy cravings? my first pregnancy was all about pesto. i LOVED pesto! hahahaha!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Good morning babes!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

My almost 30 weeks bump (on Friday).
    39610_8512.jpg
  • TamTastic
    Options
    hi kistinbee! good luck on your appt! my due date right now is february 22nd, 2010. seems ages away. lol. but we'll know for sure at my u/s on the 10th.

funny story..so a few weeks ago, after my workouts, i was craving mustard so bad! i thought it was because i was sweating so much. how funny to know now that it was the baby! :laugh: i hate mustard most days so i guess that should have been a sign. i wanted mustard so bad that i would get a boca burger patty and microwave it and then slather it in mustard for a 70 calorie treat. :bigsmile: oh man. too funny.

have any of you had weird healthy cravings? my first pregnancy was all about pesto. i LOVED pesto! hahahaha!
    That is funny!! lol! My mom had the mustard thing when preggo too!!

I've just had cereal and fruit mostly! Right now I have toast with honey every morning! :huh:

It's funny!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Ha Ha! Mustard...not something I crave! For me it's cereal (like you Tam!) and ice cream...but I'm a huge fan of both normally, so didn't really surprise me. But I definitely crave cereal WAY more than normal! Sometimes I have 3 or 4 bowls a day...always topped off with either sliced bananas, blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries! YUM!

Tam...you look FANTASTIC! How much weight have you gained? I'm pretty sure is all baby...you look so great!
  • iWillnotQUIT
    Options
    LOVE THAT DRESS!!! YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! :O)

39610_8512.jpg
  • femmerides
    Options

39610_8512.jpg

okay...so you look fantastic! what have you been doing? how often do you exercise? what is your daily caloric intake. I'm trying to figure this all out and it's a lot harder than it looks. oh poo. anyways, i'd love to hear about what you do to keep you and that baby healthy! are you having a boy or a girl or is it a surprise??? You look great hon! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options

39610_8512.jpg

okay...so you look fantastic! what have you been doing? how often do you exercise? what is your daily caloric intake. I'm trying to figure this all out and it's a lot harder than it looks. oh poo. anyways, i'd love to hear about what you do to keep you and that baby healthy! are you having a boy or a girl or is it a surprise??? You look great hon! :flowerforyou:
    Thank you!! :smile:

Well up until a week or so ago, I was doing an hour on the elliptical (level 19) about 3-4 days a week. But a week ago, I started feeling dizzy and nauseous and my abdomen got tight. I tried it again a few days later, lowering the intensity and moving slow but it did it again....so now I am just sticking to walking at an easy pace on the treadmill (or outside) when I can...and keeping as active as possible in other ways. I guess my body is telling me to slow down.

I eat around 1700-1800 cals, I think...I am more careful some days than other (In counting them)..but I eat the same things a lot so it works.

I just eat when I'm hungry(little things) and make sure to get the good stuff in. I was diagnosed with the hypoglycemia (which is the opposite of the gestational diabetes), so I try to eat something small every 2-3 hours.

We are having another boy!! :heart: :heart:

I think just doing what you can, when you can is the big thing and trying to eat nutritious foods.

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • femmerides
    Options
    quick question...

have any of you ladies tried the chinese gender prediction chart? it was accurate with my daughter and now it's saying i'll have a boy. i just wanted to know if it was accurate for you guys. :smile:

here's a link if you wanna check it out:
    http://www.parentingweekly.com/pregnancy/pregnancy_information/lunar_calendar_new.htm
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

femmerides...since this is my first baby, I have no idea on the Chinese predictor. But it tells me I'm having a boy. So...we shall see.

I went to the doctor yesterday. Everything is good. The heart rate was 152 (so according to the old wives tale...it's a girl...conflicts with the Chinese prdictor) and I measured right around 31 inches. So...all is well. I go back again on the 16th.

Tam...did you ever set a C-section date?

Cris...how are you feeling today?

iWILLnotQUIT...how are you doing?

Gotta get to some work! I'll BBL!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I did the Chinese Calendar for both and it was accurate in boys both times!! :wink: Who knows!

K, glad to hear everything is a-ok! My next two appointments are scheduled for the 8th and the 22nd. Man, going this much will make the time fly! Wow, about 9 weeks! Craziness!!

Hope everyone else is well!

They didn't have the Sept calendar up yet....but my OB was going to push for Sept 4th..with the scheduler...hopefully I find out for sure when I go back on the 8th. :tongue:
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!

Congrats Femmerides on the pregnancy!! How exciting!!!

I have no scale in my house and am anticipating my docs appt next week to see how I weigh in. I have a good sized baby bump and my thighs feel thicker but the rest of me seems pretty much the same I think. I have been naughty with sweets the past couple days so today I will start keeping track of what I am eating again. I also haven't exercised in a couple days and am just having a hard time staying motivated. Every night after dinner I just crash and can barely move off the couch.

What are you all doing this holiday weekend? We are going on a large camping trip with about 35 others. I am excited yet dreading it a little because they all like to party so I imagine the drinking and debacle will get a little old for me :wink:

Tam you look great!

I have a funny pic I will try to post this morning...
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I changed my main photo so you could see the contest I have going on with one of my buddies. We are having a belly war; baby vs. beer! Pretty fun stuff! I hope for his sake I win lol!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Congrats ladies. Babies are such a precious blessing.:drinker:
  • femmerides
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Chuffman - That picture is halarious! :laugh: I hope you beat him to! :bigsmile:

Kistinbee - wow! congrats on sticking to the 31inches! man. my first pregnancy...i was HUGE! at 31 weeks i measure 40 inches. at 39 weeks i was like 48 inches! i felt like i was having twins! :laugh:

TamTastic - Good luck with your appointments! I have my first ultrasound on the 10th so HOPEFULLY I'll get to update you guys. :smile: By the way, I'm totally jealous of you. You're a super cute preggo mom! :flowerforyou: I still have some fat to get rid of. lol

Good luck ladies! I love the updates! I can't wait to see baby pictures! :love:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Cris...LOVE the picture! That's kinda what was going on with my hubby and I...he had quite the beer gut (he put on over the winter while laid off). But now mine is much bigger than his! Too funny!

femmerides...Thanks! And the 31 inches is whatever the doctor measures...I think it's estimation of the uterus or something...I don't even know for sure. She uses her little tape measure while I'm laying on the table...so that's what that number is...not around my waist. And I can't wait to see you're ultrasound pictures! Don't worry...the 10th will come soon enough!

Well...back to work! I'll BBL!
  • femmerides
    Options
    lol. i KNOW! she would measure from the base of my uterus to the top and at first i was right on, week for week. then around week 20 something happened. so like week 18 i was like 20 inches. not bad. but then at week 20 i was 28 inches. then week 24 i was 34 inches and i pretty much stayed 10 - 11 inches bigger than i was supposed to be. but it was A LOT of water weight. I lost 36lbs within 2 weeks of Shelby being born. Shelby was only 8lbs 7.6oz. So it was a lot of fluid. I was losing like 4lbs a day for the first 2 weeks. it was CRAZY! anyways, good luck to you all! time for me to go to work!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I don't think I'm retaining too much fluid...I drink TONS of water! I will have to do some searching and see what the measurements should be each week...didn't even think about it. Curious if I'm in the right spot or not.
  • femmerides
    Options
    you are spot on. the measurements are SUPPOSED to match your week. so if you're 20 weeks you should measure 20 inches. 36 weeks, 36 inches. so you are right on the money. :bigsmile: