The Preggo Platform

Options

Replies

• moniike1
    moniike1 Posts: 20
    Options
    i don't get those measurements yet! i did however get to do my first ultrasound we saw fingers so cute! the heartrate is 153 at week almost 9 hehehe i was never more happy to see that litlle heart going to town!! i guess i need one of those baby ticker things hope all is well for everyone
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning gals! Happy be-lated 4th! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Mine was good...busy, but good. VERY tired this morning! And I didn't get much cleaning done around the house (which is a usual for the weekends) so I'll have to do it this week.:grumble: But that's okay.

femmerides...thanks for the measurement info. I had no idea. It's nice to know I'm on the right track!

moniike...I think they started measuring around 20 weeks or so. How exciting for that first ultrasound! I remember how it just made my heart melt!:heart:

Tam, Cris, iWILLnotQUIT...good morning!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING LADIES!!! :bigsmile:

How was your weekend? Did everyone have a great 4th of july?

Man, my weekend was AWESOME!!

Saturday - woke up, went for a 3 mile run/walk, made my hubby breakfast in bed, hung out outside all day, went to a friends house for a 4th of July BBQ (I brought 3 fruit bowls I put together and vegan burgers for me) and then my hubby surprised with a chocolate cake for my midnight birthday bash. :bigsmile: He is so wonderful. I ate REALLY well AND I only had a small slice of cake. The firework show was great too!

Sunday - I went for a morning 3.3 mile run/walk, then my hubby and i got dressed and headed out to Target and Costco for a quick food run, I ate my first slice of pizza in a LONG time and It was oh so yummy. However, it was huge so I could only eat half. I get full really fast now. :smile: Then we went back home, picked up my little sister (she's staying with us for a month while my folks are in Mexico) and the four of us went to Monterey. We went to the Dennis the Menace park and Shelby climbed on EVERYTHING! It was so much fun! Then we went to Lover's point, ate some fries (not healthy but only a small portion and the cheapest thing they had), did a lot of climbing on rocks, a lot of walking, then we went to Cannery Row and hung out by the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Shelby loved some of the cool water displays. Then we walked around and stopped at Ghiradelli and had some free samples of the chocolate peanut butter squares. SO good. My hubby bought me a little bag of the peanut butter and caramel ones. :heart: (don't worry, they're in the freezer and i've given myself a ONE a week allottment). :blushing: Then for dinner we went to Bubba Gumps and I had a side of mashed potatoes and broccoli. :love: So good. Then for desert we went to Cold Stone Creamery but I was only able to have a few bites of my ice cream because I was so full. And SOMEHOW, I still managed to stay within my calories! I guess that run really helped me out! :laugh: It was a great 23rd birthday, that's for sure!

Today is our 5th wedding anniversary and unfortunately my hubby is working. I'm cleaning our house all day because it's a mess. :laugh: Then I'm gonna do ChaLEAN Extreme Burn CIrcuit 1 and maybe Fat Blaster. :bigsmile: I have to do an extra workout because Geoff wants to bring me out to dinner AGAIN today. Oh boy. I'll be healthy though. I think I'll either get a Boca Burger OR a Twisted Caesar salad with honey mustard instead of caesar. we'll see.

I hope you guys had a great weekend!!! :love:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Wow femmerides! It does sound like a great weekend! And Happy Anniversary! Tomorrow is our 2 year anniversary and I think we are doing the same...out for dinner. But we are pretty excited!

Where are all my other girls today?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm here! Hi guys! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Femmerides.............wow..you have energy!! :laugh: I remember having some of that in the 2nd tri!! :tongue: And Happy Anniversary!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

K- I am super tired too! I have my next appointment this coming Wed. Going twice a month makes time go by sort of fast. Just wait until it's once a week!! :laugh:

I had a nice weekend. On Friday, I took J.T. to a farm for a little red, white and blue celebration..and then we went out on our friends boat to watch fireworks from the water...great show! J.T. LOVED it!! He was enthralled! He is right at the age to really start enjoying more. Saturday was kind of low key...relaxed. And yesterday we met some friends at the zoo here in Bridgeport for a few hours and then around 7, I met a friend for a movie.

I didn't sleep well last night. Well, from 11-3:45 was fine..but 3:34-6:45 was sporadic! Sooo...between the weekend activity and that, I am in zombie mode today. :yawn: :laugh:

Hope everyone else is well!!
  • femmerides
    Options
    oh no! i TOTALLY forgot about the tossing and turning during pregnancy. ugh. i've started to get SOME of it but barely I'm sure compared to you gals. That sucks. But hey, at least you guys are getting close to the finish line!

So...I have a bit of a problem. During my first pregnancy, from like the day I found out I was preggo I set up EVERYTHING and then rearranged it like a million times. And then folded and RE-folded all the clothes a million times. Well I was in a total cleaning mode today and spent from 8am til 1:30pm cleaning and arranging. Well at some point I set up the crib. :laugh: oh man. this is gonna be a very LONG pregnancy. I can just imagine the insanity already.

Did any of you guys go through this?
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Tuesday! And Happy Wedding Anniversary to me and the hub!!!! YAY! I'm excited! We are going out for a nice dinner this evening and then will probably rent a movie. Love those nights with my sweetheart!

Femmerides...you know it's funny, because I would have thought I'd be like you and have everything set up WAY early, but I didn't. It really didn't even feel real for quite a while. I have things ready now,(which some still think is early), but it's really only been this past month that I've really been getting down to the nitty gritty. I suppose I'm more "planned" than a lot of people. My sister-in-law had her baby 3 weeks early, didn't have a crib or anything yet. And I already have started getting my hospital bag ready!:laugh: So..maybe I am kinda like you!:bigsmile:

Tam...Yes...it's really becoming a challenge for me to get a good night's sleep. I think I'm up every 2-3 hours to pee and tossing and turning probably every 10 minutes (or so it feels like!) I also agree that these 2 week appointments are making things FLY by! I go back next week Thursday and then again on the 30th. CRAZY!

moniike, Cris, iWILLnotQUIT...hello!:flowerforyou:

Well...time to get back to some work! I'll check back a little later!
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Girls!!!

Had my monthly appointment yesterday and so far so good. HB was 150 and it was exciting to hear especially since my symptoms have calmed so it was very reassuring. I have gained 7 pounds in 5 weeks and that scares me. I need to exercise more so will be focusing on that and also need to stop eating so many treats. Seems like I have an ice cream cone or a cookie, some kind of sugary treat everyday and that needs to stop. I am so hungry so this will really be a challenge.

I still have 4 more weeks until my big ultrasound so I am expecting the next month to really creep by!

Had a really fun 4th of July weekend camping with friends. I was worried about everyone partying it up but it was a non issue and was just such a great time.

Hubby and I have settled into a nice routine and things are really going smoothly. Yeah! I love the 2nd trimester!

Happy belated Anniversay K!!! How was dinner and a rental? I am no where near getting ready for baby and am still in he unreal phase so I hear ya there!! I figure about 25 or 30 weeks I will start getting serious about the nursery.

I have been having really vivid dreams and lots of nightmares lately. Anyone else have this? It am asumming it is hormones since they seem to be the cuplprit behind everything lol!

Back to work for me.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning!

Cris...yes! I have crazy dreams! Sometimes scary, sometimes wonderful...but VERY vivid! And thank you! Our anniversary night was great! We had a wonderful dinner (and I enjoyed a pasta dish for once...that NEVER happens when I'm in diet/workout mode!:laugh: )And we took some Tiramisu to go which we'll share tonight! We didn't actually end up watching a movie...got home from dinner too late. But we enjoyed some time just talking. It was WONDERFUL!:heart:

Tam...just curious...what has your little guys HR been?

All my other gals...good morning!

I've gotta get back to some work, but I'll check back in a while!
  • femmerides
    Options
    the dreams! oh man. i forgot about those. i used to have the CRAZIEST dreams. some good, some bad, some down right scary. i once had a dream that my daughter was born headless. :noway: it was crazy and VERY tramautizing.

anyways, i have a quick question. so i run about 3 to 4 miles a day depending on my mood and the weather. well, for like the last few days i've been running only 3 miles instead of 4 because i've just been so tired. did this happen to any of you and what did you do to push through it?

on a side note...last night my daughter was very distraught. she has her 4 molars coming in right now (poor baby) and i think she had a night terror. so i went to comfort her and she climbed into my lap and put her arms around my neck and WOULD NOT let go. it was so cute but i didn't know what to do. lol. so i figured that she's not gonna be a baby for much longer so i decided to sleep with her in her bed. it was so funny. my husband came in this morning laughing. i was curled up in her toddler bed and she still had a death grip on me. :laugh:

oh yeah, and today i bought a double case of strawberries from the local farmers that stand on the corners. omg. SO good! I recommend eating a butt load of strawberries if you have the chance. :heart:

I hope all you ladies are doing well! happy 07/08/09!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning!

femmerides...I'm not a good one to ask about the running. I was so sick for the first while that I didn't exercise at all...and that's pretty much how it stayed. I walk now whenever I can, but that's about it! Tam might have a better answer for you! And...I eat strawberries every morning in my cereal...LOVE them!

Well...I am feeling pretty good this morning. Ready for a weekend though. Gonna be a busy one to. We have a wedding on Saturday and then I have a bridal shower on Sunday. CRAZY!

Gotta get to some work! Hope you are all well this morning!
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    Good Morning!

I am right there w/ K femmerides; I become too sick to work out for over 3 months and now it is all I can do to get a walk in. Even now I do not really know how to push through the tired. I find I get more done in the mornings when my body still has the energy.

Our July is filled with weddings too! One after another! It is fun but definatley tiring and totally expensive. I think I am still recooping from last weekends fun and now it is already Thursday! Yikes!

I have been watching A Baby Story on TLC in the mornings and I am getting so excited!! I am just dying to hold my little one!

Hope you all have great days!

-C
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Cris...I think we are totally alike! It's so hard to find energy to even walk these days! Plus it's been too humid. I suppose I do do some walking at work (my office is located quite a distance from my lab, so walking back and forth has to be something!) I am also getting VERY excited to hold my munchkin! Especially now that he/she is big enough and rolling back and forth in there...so easily felt. And I can guess what limbs are what. Also...hiccups all the time! It's the most amazing feeling! I'm growing a human!!!!! What's my ticker saying now? Only 61 more days! I can't wait!

Yes...weddings this summer...CRAZY! We've already been to 3. We have one this Saturday, 2 next Saturday, one more the Friday before I'm due, and one the end of September. Plus the bridal shower this Sunday and one two weeks from Saturday! NUTS! So just so you can see how crazy the rest of my summer is...

This weekend-Sat:wedding Sun:bridal shower
    Next weekend-Fri:leave for Canada, Sat: wedding, Sun-Fri:in Canada visiting family! YAY!
    Sat (25th):bridal shower
    Sat (1st): my baby shower!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
    Sat (8th): Prenatal class all day
    Fri (14th): Concert at the Iowa State Fair, Sat (15th): Concert at the Iowa State Fair
    Sun (23rd): Concert at the Iowa State Fair
    Sat (29th): A FREE WEEKEND!!!!!!!
    Thurs (3rd): Prebaptismal class, Fri (4th): wedding
    Tuesday (8th): MY DUE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

SO...can you see how crazy it all is! And that's the last 8 weeks until I'm due! It's nuts! And will go by SO fast! ANYways...sorry if I bored you! It's just so crazy that I had to share!

I'll BBL!
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    Holy Cow K!! That is a nutty schedule!!! It is a good thing you have high spirits and a good attitude because you are going to be running around like crazy! Your baby shower!! How exciting!!! Oh I just cannot wait for mine. How many people do you plan on attending? It is all I can do to not register but I am holding off because mine are not until Oct. The nice thing about your schedule is you are going to be so busy that next thing you know it will be time to give birth! Way better than sitting around and impatiently waiting for sure :wink: I cannot believe you are already only 8 weeks out. I was just think about that today how I am almost where you and Tami were when I started this site and you two are in the home stretch! It really is going by quickly!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    It sure is going by fast!

For my shower...let's see...I think there were 64 invited (crazy...I know!) But I got a list from my mom and my mother-in-law and then my list...it added up fast. My mom said we will probably plan on 50 attending. But who knows! The invites just went out this past Monday...so we'll see who RSVPs! I registered in June sometime. So, about two months out. And I only did it that early because all our weekends are so booked. I had to find a day when my mom and sister were available to go with me. But I'd say if your shower is in October, I'd at least wait until August sometime. Otherwise you end up having things that get discontinued or whatnot. Do you know where you're going to register? I registered at Babies R Us and Target, (which I think are the most common). Babies R Us is a little on the expensive side with some things, but it's nice because it has EVERYTHING. Very convenient!

ANYways...time for me to get back to some work! I'll check back in a while.
  • wendymuse
    wendymuse Posts: 39
    Options
    I am happy for you ladies. Babies are always a blessing. I just had my 4th baby 5 months ago. And he is such a great addition to our family. Now my house is crazy with a 13 year old daughter, 5 year old son, 22 month old son and a 5 month old but I would not change it for anything in the world. But don't laugh I had to cut my tubes because if it was completely up to my husband we would have 10 kids running around the house. He really lives for fatherhood. LOL. But I am very happy for everyone. Really guys enjoy every day of it because it goes by so fast it just seems like yesterday I was holding my daughter in my arms and now she is going to school dances.

They are a blessing. I have been pregnant many times as I have a 4 month old baby girl myself. But, I have 6 kiddies. Ages 13, 12, 6,5,3, and of course the baby. Enjoy them they do grow up fast. Maybe, we will have more as we do nothing to prevent our children. I know you probably think we are crazy. We believe are children are from God and so hence forth our large family. However, I still need to lose alot more weight first. I had lost down from around 251 or 252 just before my baby was born and have lost 5 lbs since joining this website since last Thurs. The encouragement is great.
  • wendymuse
    wendymuse Posts: 39
    Options
    And Tam it was very encourgeing to see how much weight you lost. How are you doing with your weight since you became pregnant? If I become pregnant again that would be a concern for me to not gain everything back once I lose it.
  • femmerides
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Today was my first ultrasound. I thought I was 7-8 weeks but i'm actually only 6weeks and 4 days. lol. so close, but not quite. :laugh:

Oh man...these next 33 weeks are gonna be LONG... :sad: i'm happy though. the only thing...i used the gender prediction chart and if i was 8 weeks i'd be having a boy but now i'm having a girl. lol. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lucky me! i'm gonna be surrounded by girls! i'm looking forward to it though. wouldn't it be a surprise if i actually had a boy? i'm happy with either though.

it was funny to get an ultrasound picture. the little baby is microscopic. too funny.

anyways, hope you all had a great day!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning!

femmerides...I know about early ultrasounds! We had our first one at 8 weeks and the baby was SO little. My clinic also does 4D pictures routinely and so we even have a 4D at 8 weeks! It looks like a little shrimp...literally! Too funny! We called it our little sea creature for the first while! So...other than being off date-wise, all else is okay?

All you other ladies...hope you are well today!

Gotta get to some work. I'm not feeling so great today, so hoping to get things done and then head home. I'll BBL though!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Hope you are well.

I've been so MIA....just a lot going on in my personal life. :ohwell: Hanging in there but trying to figure some things out since there will be a lot of change once the baby is born, etc.

Anyway, K....on Wed, my son's heartbeat was 130..which is the baseline I guess. Like us, with movement or whatever, it goes up. But his has been 130's/140's pretty consistently.

Wendy...I started this thread to kind of keep myself on track. I've done well. Am told I'm all baby! ;) I have updated with new pics throughout....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/50347-success-in-pregnancy-progression-pics

Femm..yes it seems when you do the u/s early that it will take forever....but wow..this pregnancy has flown!

C-Hope you are well!! :bigsmile: