The Preggo Platform

Options

Replies

• Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    OH fun! Have a safe trip!

How is everyone today?

Tamtastic - Since this is your second baby, how quickly did you start showing? I'm only 7 weeks and I haven't gained any weight but my stomach is DEFINITELY starting to stick out. A few of my friends said that at first it sticks out really quick but then slows down and doesn't pick up speed again until weeks 30 - 40. How did your body respond to baby #2?

Hey there! This is my second baby too! It did seem like my stomach started sticking out sooner!! (just making my rolls more prominent :grumble: ) :laugh: and now at 14 weeks, I would have to agree, I'm sticking out a bit, but it does seem to have slowed down as well. I have only gained a few pounds so far, which is amazing with the way I've been eating :embarassed: I'm wearing stretchy pants every day now! haha Just this morning I was thinking, when am I going to look 'pregnant'!? Then at the same time I thought... I'm sure I'll get plenty big in due time, what's the rush? :ohwell:

I'll have to let you know how I grow in the the next 10 or so!! :drinker:
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I have been bouncing back and forth between 187 and 189. I'm hoping to actually go down to 185 and stay there but i have a feeling it's going to be A LOT harder than I thought. :sad: I just feel hungry ALL the time. I've literally been over in my calories EVERYDAY! I need to get a grip on things and really focus on eating to fuel the body and not just because I like food. My first pregnancy I gained 15lbs the first MONTH. yeah. it was awful. I just ate and ate and ate. I'm working SO hard trying to at least work off the excess food I've been eating. So here's the problem, I'm not eating TOO much...well kinda. But the real problem is I'm eating so many carbs all of a sudden. I LOVE bagels but I haven't had a bagel in about 2 years. They're a HUGE weakness for me. Well, the costco bagels are my favorite and at 260cals a pop they're pretty bad. lol. well my hubby bought 12 Everything bagels for me (my fav) since he knows I LOVE them. :heart: how sweet. However, i ate THREE of them yesterday. That's like 780 calories of bagel! HORRIBLE!! :explode: So I went walking for an hour and was still over in my calories by like 340 cals. :sad: So today I'm going to be good. I had ONE bagel for breakfast, now I'm gonna go work, then I'm going walking at the track for an hour, and then I'm going to try to get my hubby to go walking with me again tonight when he gets off work. That way if I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE another bagel, I won't feel so bad. lol. I'm gonna start walking everyday at the track with a friend of mine. I love to go running but if I go on walks with my hubby I have to walk (he won't run). So I figure if I fit in two long walks a day that it'll balance out. And maybe I'll just run 3 - 4 days a week on my own. Or at the very least just weekends. I just love to run though. hmmm...I'll have to figure it out.

Anyways, sorry for the essay. i just felt like venting. Talk to you guys later!
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Girls!

Hope you are all doing well. I had a really fun and exciting weekend with friends but it completely exhausted me. I am hoping today is chill at work so I can slack some.

My belly is growing like crazy but the rest of my body seems to have stopped growing thankfully! Last night I was having a hard time breathing from my belly growing and moving upward and today I woke up feeling enormous. I love the belly though and really feel like I might miss it when this is all over. May just have to have a second one! It is crazy to me that I can even think that now with what a miserable 1st trimester I had :wink:

What are you all up to?

Tam - How are you feeling? Everything OK?

-C
  • femmerides
    Options
    Hi ladies. Here are a couple of pics of my belly. It's halarious. I seriously can't believe I'm starting to show already. lol.

This one is at 7 weeks.
    6660_102958993251_673388251_1958550_2424597_n.jpg

This one is 8 weeks.
    6660_104692448251_673388251_1983349_6109782_n.jpg

lol. it's seriously funny to me. but hey, i haven't gained a pound. :bigsmile: so that's good.
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    Hi Femmerides!

I had the same belly at 7 weeks and everyone acted like I was a freak of nature lol! I am glad to see you are showing so soon as well. I will have to post a pic of this week 18; I'm HUGE now!!

Have a great day!

-Cris
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Hey preggos!! I'm not pg yet. But since the wedding, the hubby and I have been trying. Well more like, just not trying to prevent. Hmmmmm who knows, I may be here to join you soon :bigsmile:

That is all........just poppin in :flowerforyou:

Hope all is well :flowerforyou:
  • Tiff_09
    Options
    Hey preggos!! I'm not pg yet. But since the wedding, the hubby and I have been trying. Well more like, just not trying to prevent. Hmmmmm who knows, I may be here to join you soon :bigsmile:

That is all........just poppin in :flowerforyou:

Hope all is well :flowerforyou:

Best wishes Kellchy!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    I like trying :bigsmile: :devil:

I will test Saturday or Sunday if my visitor doesn't come :bigsmile:

I've been taking the prenatal vitamins already because they say it's a good thing to do. They were actually giving me pregnancy symptoms :ohwell: Soooo.....I stopped taking them for a day just to see if that's what it was and, well, for that day, I felt normal again. I was feeling nauseous, hungry, exhausted, and you know...all those fun things that come with pregnancy. (I had two miscarraiges before...and had all of the above with those pregnancies for the short time they lasted) Soooooo I'm taking them at night now. Seems to have helped. I was starting to get kind of excited. But oh well, all in good time, right? When and if it's meant to happen, it will :flowerforyou: Hopefully....kind of scary after two miscarraiges...but my mom had two before me and I'm here, so I guess I shouldn't let it get to me too much. :smile:

How ya feelin Tiff? :smooched:
  • Tiff_09
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty good. I still don't have quite the energy I had before pregnancy.. but of course that's to be expected. :smile:

Yep... as long as I wasn't on B/C, my doc wanted me on prenatals, whether we were actively trying or not. Best to be on the safe side.

:drinker: All in good time! :drinker:
  • kellch
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty good. I still don't have quite the energy I had before pregnancy.. but of course that's to be expected. :smile:

Yep... as long as I wasn't on B/C, my doc wanted me on prenatals, whether we were actively trying or not. Best to be on the safe side.

You're in the 2nd trimester now, though, right? Should be better than the 1st :flowerforyou:

Ok........I'm going to do nothing now. I'll see you over there soon, doing nothing, as well. :bigsmile:

Good luck to all of you!! Hope to join ya soon :flowerforyou:
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    Hi Kellch,

I have had 2 miscarriages as well and now with this 3rd pregnancy am at 18 weeks and all is well so do not let yourself get down about it :wink:

Best of luck to you!!

-C

I've been taking the prenatal vitamins already because they say it's a good thing to do. They were actually giving me pregnancy symptoms :ohwell: Soooo.....I stopped taking them for a day just to see if that's what it was and, well, for that day, I felt normal again. I was feeling nauseous, hungry, exhausted, and you know...all those fun things that come with pregnancy. (I had two miscarraiges before...and had all of the above with those pregnancies for the short time they lasted) Soooooo I'm taking them at night now. Seems to have helped. I was starting to get kind of excited. But oh well, all in good time, right? When and if it's meant to happen, it will :flowerforyou: Hopefully....kind of scary after two miscarraiges...but my mom had two before me and I'm here, so I guess I shouldn't let it get to me too much. :smile:

• Tiff_09
    Options

You're in the 2nd trimester now, though, right? Should be better than the 1st :flowerforyou:

Ok........I'm going to do nothing now. I'll see you over there soon, doing nothing, as well. :bigsmile:

OH yes.. the tiredness has gotten much MUCH better... or should I say less ... lol :laugh: I'm a lot LESS tired now. Just waiting for a little more energy. Pretty sure it's different this time having a 4 year old ... that boy wears me out when I'm not pregnant! :ohwell:
  • kellch
    Options
    Hi Kellch,

I have had 2 miscarriages as well and now with this 3rd pregnancy am at 18 weeks and all is well so do not let yourself get down about it :wink:

Best of luck to you!!

-C

Awwww....thank you :flowerforyou: And Congrats to you !!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • kellch
    Options

OH yes.. the tiredness has gotten much MUCH better... or should I say less ... lol :laugh: I'm a lot LESS tired now. Just waiting for a little more energy. Pretty sure it's different this time having a 4 year old ... that boy wears me out when I'm not pregnant! :ohwell:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The things I've got to look forward to!! :drinker:

:laugh: :wink:
  • femmerides
    Options
    okay. so my first pregnancy was pretty easy all the way through. I had "morning" sickness for about 2 weeks and then the only time i became uncomfortable again was at the end but that was because i was HUGE! i had no constipation issues at all or anything.

well this pregnancy sucks. :laugh: i only had the "morning" sickness for 2 weeks, maybe 3. but now i have aversions to a lot of my favorite foods and now i'm craving foods i would have NEVER touched otherwise. Like mustard. WHO CRAVES MUSTARD???? hella random. and chocolate. I haven't eaten many sweets over the last 2 years but this pregnancy has me not wanting them, but NEEDING them. i resist most days but sometimes i give in and have a 100 calorie klondike bar which seems to help.

well i have no constipation issues. lol. the EXACT opposite. This morning I had to go so bad I wasn't sure I'd make it. WHAT'S GOING ON??? I thought I'm supposed to be constipated. :laugh: :laugh: oh man. everything about this baby is 100% opposite of my daughter.

anyways, any words of advice would be great. i know i can't take immodium but what can i do to "regulate" my bowels back to normal? any ideas?

i hope you guys are having a great day and i'm hoping i didn't gross anyone out. lol. sorry in advance.
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    My pregnancy has been really difficult too and I also experience horrible food aversions and still have weird craving that change daily. There was a 4 week stretch in the 1st trimester were just thinking about most foods made me ill and of course what ever I had bought at the grocery store for the week wasn't anything I could even imagine eating by the time I unloaded the bags! I also had smell issues and I swear if there was anything stinky within 5 miles of me I would hone in on it and get sick. I also had an aversion to cleaning products and anything dirty so my house became a disaster area. Ugh... The food aversions should subside by the second trimester but the cravings seem to last. I find when I need chocolate really bad that it helps to eat something really sour but that is only some of the time. The other times I just eat the darn chocolate. Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are the bomb and so are carob covered peanut and raisins.

As far as the NOT being constipated; I would call your OB to see what you could take. You could also look into foods that are binding like dairy products. My guess is it is just hormones and the changes taking place and it will not last. Make sure you are drinking extra fluids to compensate for the loss.

Check out this link: http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/pregnancy-diarrhea.aspx

Hope that helps!!!
  • femmerides
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I'm curious about something. When did you all start feeling "movements" in your belly? I started feeling them at like 12 weeks with my daughter but today I seriously thought I could feel the baby. Am I crazy or did any of you feel your baby at 8 weeks? Is it even possible? lol. Just curious.

Thanks!
  • Tiff_09
    Options
    I'm with you! Well maybe not as soon as 8 weeks for me. With my son I was sure I felt him around 14 weeks and this one at 10 weeks!!! I think you know best. I mean, you can have gas any day... LOL Mom's know the difference! :smile:
  • femmerides
    Options
    okay. so this is ridiculous. here is my picture at 8 weeks, 3 days. my belly is super hard. lol.

6420_106206633251_673388251_2005438_5742128_n.jpg
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! :smile:

Just checking in.

Kellch, BEST OF LUCK woman!!! :flowerforyou:

Femmerides, I felt movement early on too. Some doubted me but when you are in tune with your body, you know when a feeling is "alien" or whatever you want to call it. And you know when it's not gas! :wink: :laugh:

Tiff, hope you're enjoying the 2nd tri! I know I did!! :bigsmile:

Cris, hope you get a break from everything! Wow, I either don't have much appetite lately or just eat peanut butter and jelly a lot :laugh:

As for me, there is a lot going on. To put a long story short, about 3 1/2 weeks ago, I asked my husband for a divorce/separation. I know a pregnancy isn't the ideal time to go that route, so I was willing to put off talking "divorce" specifically until after the pregnancy and through the recovery. However, living separately under the same roof was providing even more of a toxic environment than it had already been through the past few years (and which had caused me to ask for the divorce in the first place).

On Tuesday, I moved out of my home and in with a friend. We are sort of figuring out the temporary custody as we go. And of course will get all that set in stone in the coming months. BUT, I am very pregnant, work one day a week and my family lives in Oregon/Washington while I am in Connecticut. So, sort of in a vulnerable state. I do have a great network of friends around here and once through this pregnancy and recovery from the surgery will get on with my life. I'm scared to death but I awaken each day feeling stronger and more confident with my decision.

Anyway, that is it in a nutshell! :wink: Just wish me luck and if you're praying kind of person, I sure could use them. But, women have started over with far less than what I have....I'll be OK.

Take it easy everyone!! :flowerforyou: