The Preggo Platform

Options

Replies

• Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Girls!!

Happy Friday!

I am so relieved the weekend is almost here and for once this summer my hubby and I have no plans with anyone! We are going to rearrange our bedrooms & office this weekend to make a room for the baby and I am really excited! One of my friends is giving me a crib and changing table so I will have those items at the end of the month and I have a dresser to redo and them we can start decorating!!! Getting ready is just too fun!

Here is the bedding I want, now I just have to find it somewhere: http://www.target.com/DwellStudio-Target-Bedding-Collection-Circles/dp/B000VP9JGA/qid=1249644333/ref=br_1_13/183-4098666-8496237?ie=UTF8&node=51893011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Just to clarify on the leg cramps; I do not have them every night. I do have them 3 or 4 nights a week though so I will be talking to my OB about them.

Hope everyone is well!!

-C
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I love reading the updates for you girls!!! Just wanted to say HI!!!

Bananas help me with leg cramps - couldn't hurt to eat one several times a week.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Ah yes...bananas! I eat one everyday! Great suggestion for the extra potassium!

Cris...LOVE the bedding!!!! SO cute! You must be getting SO exited! I remember how fun it was to decorate the room! Probably my favorite part so far! Makes it so much more real also to see it all ready! Enjoy every second!!!

I totally agree about being glad it's Friday! Tonight I do have some cleaning and laundry I want to get done, but it will be fine. I steam cleaned the carpets in our house last night and we just got new couch covers...so everything is starting to look really nice. My dad and husband are going to be working on updating our bathroom (it needs a exhaust fan and some new shelves and re-painted) which hopefully can still get done before our little one makes his/her big debut! Just trying to get everything looking nice for when people stop by to visit us afterwards!:wink:

This weekend we have our prenatal class. It's a six hour thing tomorrow and includes not only all the breathing techniques but also some newborn care and a tour of the hospital. I'll let you know all the fun things I learn! Then Sunday I think I'm heading out to my parents to get some things done on their computer (mine is so slow...you know, that good old dial up!:grumble: ) I'm going to print out labels with addresses for everyone I'm sending birth announcements to...one less thing to worry about when I have a little one keeping me busy!

Well...gonna start some work, but I'll check back later! Have a good morning ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i have been feeling really weird about this pregnancy and was really nervous about my ultrasound yesterday. however, i'm SO excited now! :bigsmile: usually when i have ultrasounds we see the baby but we don't really get to see it move around or anything. so my doc did the ultrasound (internal) and she measured the baby and said i'm about 10.5 weeks and then she was done. so i asked her if she saw the heartbeat and she said yes and asked if i wanted to see it too. so she went ahead and reinserted the ultrasound stick and then let me watch the baby for like a good minute and a half and it was sooo neat. the baby is so small and yet you can distinctly see his/her hands and feet and he/she was kicking and waving and punching. it's all starting to feel real now. :love: i'm so happy. :bigsmile:

all of you ladies are in the final weeks. good luck to you all!

what are you guys doing for your labor and delivery? are you going natural? epidural? water birth? hypo birth? just curious to see what everyone's doing.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Epidural...ASAP! That's the hope anyway! :wink: :laugh:
  • femmerides
    Options
    hahahaha! well that's good. i had SUCH a bad experience with the epi that i don't think i'm gonna do it again. my first labor was 27 hours long and i got the epidural at 21 hours and it NEVER took effect. They FINALLY came in and gave me some IV meds that helped me out after 26.5 hours and that helped A LOT! and then it was time to push and shelby was born 30 minutes later! :bigsmile: but yeah. the epi took over an hour to put in (keep in mind you have to keep your back arched and not move an inch the entire time!) my hubby's hand was red and purple after it was done. lol. they had to reinsert the epi needle like 6 times. it was awful. if i do it again, it's gonna be a pro (they had an intern do it!). anyways, you'll most likely luck out. especially if you're under 200lbs. good lucK!:flowerforyou:
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!

Femmerides - Congrats on the ultrasound!! I am so happy to hear all is well and you have piece of mind now! Do you get to have another ultrasound in a couple weeks as well? I cannot decide if I will be doing a epidural or not. I have heard multiple horror stories and am frankly scared to death of it but am also really afraid to not have one. UGH... not the easiest decision; feels like a double edged sword. Do the other drugs they give help enough to make it without?

K - how was the class? Did you get your announcements printed?

I have my 21 week ultrasound tomorrow and am crazy excited!

Tam- how are you doing?

I have a stack of work on my desk today that I am dreading! Better hop to it :sad:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Progression pictures! From the beginning...

14 weeks
    Belly14weeks.jpg
    15 weeks
    100_2842-1.jpg
    16 weeks
    2582_60313401177_701036177_1479180_.jpg
    17 weeks
    3101_70094526177_701036177_1533813_.jpg
    18 weeks
    3101_70096811177_701036177_1533826_.jpg
    19 weeks
    3101_72813826177_701036177_1561331_.jpg
    20 weeks (HALFWAY!!!)
    3101_74583456177_701036177_1587917_.jpg
    n701036177_429.jpg
    21 weeks
    100_2930-1.jpg
    23 weeks
    100_2936-1.jpg
    24 weeks
    100_2939-1.jpg
    25 weeks
    100_2961-1.jpg
    26 weeks
    100_2966-1.jpg
    27 weeks
    100_2972-1.jpg
    28 weeks
    100_2979-1.jpg
    29 weeks
    100_2984-1.jpg
    30 weeks
    100_2997-1.jpg
    31 weeks
    100_3054-1.jpg
    32 weeks
    100_3090-1.jpg
    34 weeks
    100_3114-1.jpg
    35 weeks
    100_3124-1.jpg
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning gals! The prenatal class Saturday was really a waste of my time. I have been doing to much reading up with my hubby that we didn't learn anything new from the class. SO...I don't recommend it unless you haven't been doing much reading OR if you are big into massage and breathing techniqiues. We aren't really into the massage stuff ( which is one area they covered that I didn't read about in a book). Oh well. :ohwell:

Today I'm not feeling so great. Probably won't be staying at work too long, but needed to get some stuff done this morning. Hope all you ladies are well!:flowerforyou:
  • Chuffmn
    Options
    LOVE THE PICS!!!!!!!!!! You look GREAT!!! No stretch marks either so far it looks like and that is AWESOME!!!

We are signed up for those classes 1 hour a week for 5 weeks so I sure hope I have not read up enough!! Did you do a breast feeding class as well?

Hope you get to feeling better!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks Cris!:flowerforyou: Although I must admit I do have some stretch marks now. They are hard to see (on the underbelly). I actually cried when I first saw them, but there's nothing I can do. :sad: I have been using stretch mark cream daily since the get go. Oh well...it is what it is and will be worth it in the end!

Nope...I didn't do a breast feeding class but they have lactation consultants available at my hospital if we need them. Hope you learn much from your classes.
  • femmerides
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Chuffman - before you get the epidural they do offer you some IV meds to help with the pain. these are GREAT! however, there is a down side. you can only get them a maximum of 5 times and each time gets shorter...so for example. i got my first dose after 11hours of labor and i was finally able to get some rest. the funny thing is..well it doesn't take the pain away at all. you still feel ALL of it but you Just don't care. lol. it just makes you loopy and giggly and happy and then gives you time to sleep. the first dose lasted about an hour or 2 (i can't quite remember since i was sleeping) and then it fades off. i had it administered a few times and then at like 21 hours i asked for the epidural. they gave me that and then nothing happened. it never took. so then they came in with the loopy meds and gave me a double dose in my IV and then gave me some epidural meds into my IV instead of through the spinal. so that finally took and then i was fully dialated and ready to push (this was at like hour 26). shelby was born after 27hours. lol. i sure hope this one is a little bit shorter. :laugh:

Kistinbee - LOVE THE PICS! Super cute. :bigsmile: and i agree. the classes just repeat what you read so if you read up a lot, then you really don't need the classes. i never did the birthing class and i gave birth JUST fine without it. when it's time to push, BELIEVE ME!!! you will push. :laugh:

Anyways, how are all you ladies? I seem to have lost my belly. lol. :laugh: i was showing right away and now i'm not really showing anymore. i think i was just bloated or something. on a very unhappy note....i've slacked off SO bad on the eating right and exercise wagon that i've gained 5lbs! so today i'm doing it right. i already have my workout gear on. i'm going to go work and then i'm taking my daughter to the los gatos creek trail and going for a walk/run. i NEED to be healthy for this baby and i totally went overboard and have been eating pure crap. ugh. so i have a lot of work to do. :sad: wish me luck!
  • femmerides
    Options
    oh, by the way. stretch marks suck. :sad: my stomach is COVERED in them from my first pregnancy. but after this baby, i'm getting to my goal weight and then getting a tummy tuck and a boob job. :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    oh, by the way. stretch marks suck. :sad:

I agree. My belly is COVERED top to bottom in them.
    I have dealt by calling them my Badge of Honor, and remembering I have a healthy beautiful daughter in exchange for them.

(But they still suck :grumble: )
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Ladies!:sad: Don't tell me these horrors!!!:sad: :sad: Tell me the stretch marks will go away!!!!:sad: :sad:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it, Kristin, but those stretch marks are probably there to stay. I was like you and used the creams twice a day. By about 30 weeks I had a few, and then my last few weeks, my whole belly exploded in a spider web of stretch marks. Over the last year, they've gotten more white, instead of red or purple, but definitely still there. And my weight loss actually made them look deeper in my skin. I guess I'll just have to avoid bikinis for the rest of my life... oh well :tongue:

As for me, right now, things are going pretty well. During my first prenatal exam, my doctor found a large lump on my thyroid, which is why I've been pretty quiet on the board so far. I'm having it biopsied later this week, and I really hope it isn't cancer. I've been a little stressed about it, but doing my best to put it out of my mind. However, to make matters worst, my favorite comfort food, ice cream, is making me feel really sick when I eat it. I'm pretty bummed about that! Otherwise, just the normal stuff going on... really tired :yawn: and a little moody. I had a checkup today, and the doctor was able to find the heartbeat right away, so that was pretty cool. Thanks for listening, ladies :heart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! :flowerforyou:

Hope you had a great weekend! :wink:

Femmer - So happy to hear the u/s was good and eased your mind!! Peace of mind during pregnancy is HUGE! :wink:

K- Love the pics!! You look great! And I kind of agree with you about the prenatal classes. You can find out everything by reading books and looking online.

Chuff- Hope you are feeling well! And I have to say I am a fan of the epidural!! :laugh:

My last birth story: I was 5 days overdue (Due on Nov 12 and had my son on Nov 17th). I had gotten to about 1-2 cm dilated myself the week before. I say 1-2 cm because it seeemed to depend on which doc was checking!! (I had 3 in the practice I go to that could have delivered my son and I got to know all of them over the course of my pregnancy).

Anyway, entered the hospital at about 2 cm dilated around 7:30 in the morning on Nov 17th. Got on the pitocin to induce the labor within 45 min. They slowly upped the pitocin throughout the morning. About mid-day they broke my water, hoping that would progress me. I was having contractions and they got MUCH worse once they broke my water. I went it natural for awhile as that was my hope....but it did hurt and I was so tense and I also ended up with a bad migraine. I was not in good shape. So, my doc said in the afternoon that the pain I was having (both contractions and migraine) could be making me tense and unable to dilate. SOO, I got the epidural.

OMG, I have to tell you, it's a weird experience to get it...BUT, within 10 minutes of it being administered...I went from being in miserable pain and tense to feeling like I just got out of a warm bath, put comfy pjs on and had a heating pad on my lower back. It felt GREAT!! lol I was texting my friends saying "Epidurals rock!!" haha!

Anyway, around 7 PM, my doc checked me and I got to 3 cm. ALL DAY..after all that! And they did the internal monitor of my contractions and they were great..more than adequate to dilate me, my body just didn't respond. Soo, she asked me if I wanted to keep going and I said "no, let's go in and get him". I just went with my gut. So, he came via c-section at 8:17 PM. It turned out to be the best decision because he was 9 lbs and had a big head (97th percentile) and broad shoulders...so he would have gotten stuck! !

So, I am having a scheduled c-section this time! :wink: :tongue: :bigsmile: At least I know what to expect this time! ;)

Anyway, things are OK here. Just going with the flow.....trying to enjoy the last of this pregnancy and get through the surgery..then I will figure everything else out! :)

Take care all!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Sorry I've been MIA...was home yesterday not feeling well (darn headaches!) But feeling much better today! Thought I'd share a few photos of the nursery...

Walking into the nursery...
    100_2998-1.jpg
    The changing table...
    100_3000-1.jpg
    The crib...
    100_2999-1.jpg
    100_3002-1.jpg
    Where my little munchkin will sleep...
    100_3001-1.jpg

I also have another dresser which I didn't take a photo of. It's the same wood as the changing table and has five drawers...so plenty of room for baby's stuff. :happy:

Well...gotta get started on some work! Hope you ladies are all well this morning!:flowerforyou:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Very cute nursery Kristin! I love the colors, and the little frogs :happy:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it, Kristin, but those stretch marks are probably there to stay. I was like you and used the creams twice a day. By about 30 weeks I had a few, and then my last few weeks, my whole belly exploded in a spider web of stretch marks. Over the last year, they've gotten more white, instead of red or purple, but definitely still there. And my weight loss actually made them look deeper in my skin. I guess I'll just have to avoid bikinis for the rest of my life... oh well :tongue:

As for me, right now, things are going pretty well. During my first prenatal exam, my doctor found a large lump on my thyroid, which is why I've been pretty quiet on the board so far. I'm having it biopsied later this week, and I really hope it isn't cancer. I've been a little stressed about it, but doing my best to put it out of my mind. However, to make matters worst, my favorite comfort food, ice cream, is making me feel really sick when I eat it. I'm pretty bummed about that! Otherwise, just the normal stuff going on... really tired :yawn: and a little moody. I had a checkup today, and the doctor was able to find the heartbeat right away, so that was pretty cool. Thanks for listening, ladies :heart:

Thoughts and prayers, on that bio. It will be fine I'm sure!!! :flowerforyou: