Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hi Alapointe! Welcome!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tam, i have seen you around the posts and you are so inspirational, what a great job.

Kristin almost there, anytime now.
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hello Lovelies!!

Holy Cow K!! You are doing awesome!! Anytime now huh!!! Way too exciting!

Welcome Alapointe!! Congrats on the pregnancy & glad to have you here.

Femm - I was a royal *kitten* too for the first 16 weeks. My husband would say he wanted the old me back and I would tell him I did too! It stunk. BUT... it goes away!! I am nice again :love: I also could not really control my eating in the first trimester between hormones and nausea it was anything goes. Now, I think I am back in check. In fact, I went to the gym tonight for the first time in 4 months and it was great. Sounds like you did up Northern Cal!! Fun, I am super jealous!!!

Tam - I don't know how you do it. I often wonder how woman make it through pregnancy with other children to take care of. I hope to find out within the next couple years yet am scared to death of it! I just gotta say that woman really are just so much stronger than men are!!

Hope you all are well!

-C
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks Tam, i have seen you around the posts and you are so inspirational, what a great job.

Kristin almost there, anytime now.
    You're welcome! And thanks for that!! :):flowerforyou:

And congrats to you on your pregnancy!! :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Good Morning all!! :flowerforyou:

Two weeks from today, I will be preparing things to head to the hospital. I have to be there by 11 am....and my c-section is scheduled for 1:00 pm. Of course, that is determined by what is going on that day. If a bunch of natural births come in, I will get pushed back! :ohwell: :tongue:

I can hardly believe I will see my new little guy soon!! His name is Samuel (Sammy). A friend told me that it's hebrew for "Happiness", which I love.

C- it is hard but I guess you just manage. Thank goodness I had gotten into such good shape before getting pregnant and I was able to work out well and remain active until 6.5 months. It's just harder now. I think anyone gets to this point and starts going a bit crazy! But, yes........the fact that my son is all over me, never wanting me to leave his side makes things a bit tough! Bless his little heart though!! :)

:heart:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning gals! I'm at home today, not feeling so great. But will check in periodically. Hope you have a good day!:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hey K, sorry you aren't feeling well!!:flowerforyou: It's almost over!!

I am thinking that once through this surgery and initial recovery...I might start a challenge on here...the "Get body back after Baby" challenge or something!! :tongue:

I am thinking we may be able to help motivate each other! And as these other ladies have their babies, they can join in and help be motivated by OUR success!!! :wink: :tongue:
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hey K, sorry you aren't feeling well!!:flowerforyou: It's almost over!!

I am thinking that once through this surgery and initial recovery...I might start a challenge on here...the "Get body back after Baby" challenge or something!! :tongue:

I am thinking we may be able to help motivate each other! And as these other ladies have their babies, they can join in and help be motivated by OUR success!!! :wink: :tongue:

that would be AWESOME! i'm trying REALLY hard to not gain weight but it's hard. I'm starting a ChaLEAN Extreme challenge October 1st. HOPEFULLY, i'll actually stick to it. lol.

yay! i'm finally out of the first trimester. :-)
  • alapointe
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Hang in there Kristin and hope you feel better soon.

I am going to try to run a 5K tomorrow, okay more of a job/walk 5k since I need to keep my HR down, but i signed up for it months ago and i want to complete my first 5k. The only problem with this is the morning sickness hits right at the time of the race so not sure if i can do it or not.

I have already been bad the last 2 days. I am so sick in the mornings by the time i feel better in the afternoon i get some chocolate or ice cream and tell myself i deserve it for such a bad morning. I need to stop that right now, or it is going to be a very bad 9 months.

Have a good day everyone.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies -

No real news here, just checking in...

Kristin - Feel better, and good luck! I'll bet you go early, since you're already so far dialated and effaced.

Tam - I love the name, especially the meaning to go with it! How great to have 2 special little men. I love your challenge idea. I'll be there... after my surgery and recovery, of course.

Femmerides - Good for you for staying so active. I've heard that ChaLean Extreme is.. well.. extreme. Just don't push yourself too hard :heart:

Alapointe - Welcome!

Cris - Yeah, my Wii Fit told me I was 35, which is still 8 years older than I really am (but better than the 45 it told my husband)! The only thing I don't really care for is that it has no way of taking muscle into account, just BMI. Oh well, I missed my workout last night, so hopefully it doesn't give me too hard of a time today!:wink:

Hugs to you all!
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Morning!!

K - So sorry to hear you are home feeling bad :(. Hope you are back on your feet soon! I agree with the girls, that baby is going to be an early one!

Tami - Love the name!!! I am totally down for the aftermath challenge!! I think I will need all the support possible.

Femm - Take it easy girl! Pregnancy is not the time to over do it! It is my understanding that you are not to exceed what your body is already comfortable with so keep that in mind with your challenge.

I have been entering my food for a week now and have found that I am pretty much eating the right number of cals so I am assuming the weight I have gained is just my bodies natural response to pregnancy. I have friends who have had multiple pregnancies and gained the same amount of weight each time regardless of their habits during so I am cutting myself some slack. I am going to keep entering my food and keep up the walking and that way I will know I am doing what I am supposed to do and leave it at that. Not to say I may not have momentary freak outs in the weeks to come but I do realize now that it is what it is and I just want a healthy baby.

Happy Friday to you all!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Tam...I'm totally up for a challenge afterwards! Count me in for sure! I can use all the moral support!!! It gets me kind of excited!!! YAY!
  • alapointe
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well today.

I just ran and finished my first 5K. I signed up before i knew i was preggers, but I watched my HR and kept it low so my time sucked, but i finished it, which is huge for me. I feel great knowing that i finished.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Nice work, alapointe! I ran my first 5K last year for Race for the Cure for breast cancer. This year I will be doing the 1 mile walk with the little one (as it is in October and won't be able to run). And next year I hope to run again. Good job watching the HR...that is important with a growing baby inside you!

Well...busy cleaning today! Hope you are all well!
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to drop in and say hello!

Next week we have our big sono and should find out if we're having a girl or another boy! :love:

Best wishes to all the other preggers chickas out there! :smooched:
  • alapointe
    Options
    Have any of you had spotting after excercising? I walked/jogged a 5k yesterday and today i have a tiny bit of spotting. I called the Dr, and they are seeing me tomorrow, i am just so worried.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    alapointe...try not to worry. I had some spotting early in my pregnancy and it turned out to be nothing. There are several things that can cause it...and vigorous exercise is one of them as well as sex or strenuous BM. And there are many others. Should be fine. But I know it's hard not to worry. I'll be thinking of you!:flowerforyou:

Tiff...YAY! How exciting! I remember what a thrill it was for that big sonogram! Enjoy it!

Well...I'm just doing some more cleaning and laundry around the house today and then we have dinner at the in-laws for two of my brother-in-laws birthdays. So...should be a good day! I've had a weird rash spread on the tops of both my feet and ankles. Not sure what's going on. If doesn't get better by tomorrow (it started on Thursday evening) I'll go to the doctor tomorrow. No fun!

Well...hope you all have a great day!
  • alapointe
    Options
    Thanks Kristin, i am just laying around not doing anything and hoping all is well.

I saw a similiar rash on the TV show Deliver Me. If it itches it will only get worse and is something that developes in the last few weeks before delivery. The only cure for it is deliver, definetly call your Dr about it.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Really? I called my doctor on Friday and she said it wasn't pregnancy related. So now I don't know what to think! Just keep putting Benadryl (sp??) on it. Hope it quits itching because it's driving me CRAZY!

Well...gotta try and get some sleep! I'll check back tomorrow!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    my friend got the same rash when she was preggo with her twins. she has it ALL over her stomach and arms and legs though and it went away a few days after delivery. she had it for like a month or two.