LADIES: GYM ATTIRE; OPINION POLL

Options

Replies

• Johnny_Castle
    Options

you seem to love to do this so study up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

It seems you enjoy taking somebody's words and spinning and interpreting them so out of proportional to make them seem like they are misogynistic rapists.

You said all the words sweetheart, I just copied and pasted ;]

"There's a difference between being entertained by looking at women, and thinking that women are there solely for your entertainment."

You wrongly assumed that I meant the part after the comma when I meant the first part. OF COURSE they're not there solely for anybody's entertainment. So It turns out we actually agree but you were just too quick to jump me and misrepresent what I said.
  • dancingincircles84
    Options
    I was at Sport Mart a few days ago and it's actually really hard to find shorts that are long enough. Most of them are only 3" inseam. I have a pair of 5" inseam ones and I still wish they were longer when I'm working out. Other than basketball shorts a lot of the shorts they sell are really short, especially the cute ones. All the purple and bright coloured shorts were super short, the long ones were boring blue and black.

I don't think I'd ever go to the gym with a sports bra and no top over it. If you want to work out seriously it doesn't matter how you look.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    in gym as in life...wear what you want......however if you dress for attention----:noway: then dont get mad:explode: when you get it...goes for guys and gals alike...
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    Those tight and sometimes revealing clothes that some ladies choose to wear to the gym were actually made for working out in. This means that they wick the sweat off our hard working bodies to help us keep cool which means we can actually work out in more comfort and for a longer period of time. These specially made workout clothes also help us out so we don't stink like the hot sweaty men that are ogling over us :)

Really good point actually
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    THIS is the exact reason that my gym has a dress code. No girls running around in bras and if you have a shirt that you cut the sleeves off you have to wear a shirt under (or it cant be cut to wear you can see the belly). One of the many things that make me happy about my gym
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    THIS is the exact reason that my gym has a dress code. No girls running around in bras and if you have a shirt that you cut the sleeves off you have to wear a shirt under (or it cant be cut to wear you can see the belly). One of the many things that make me happy about my gym

You're not allowed sleeveless tops at your gym? :Z
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i wear shorts in the gym, i tried wearing my 3/4 length pants that i wear when i do bootcamps (and am outside) but i fully couldn't hack it, my legs got so hot it was unbelievable !! and i wear a strappy top because again tshirts make me too hot!! im at the gym for me, working out for my goals and not to wear makeup and have immaculate hair lol - especially as after i work out i literally am drenched in sweat and have a mane!! and i love it cus then i know i have worked hard :D
  • FitDC
    FitDC Posts: 63
    Options
    They have been born with the body or they have earned it. Let it be...if that's what makes them feel good. :flowerforyou:
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Ok so hears the deal. I was wanting you girls opinion on something I've wondered for a long time. Most women don't wanna be gawked at in the gym or they act as if they dont. BUT WHY do you wear such revealing clothes. By all means I'm a fan, but when the girl shows up with her shorts rolled up and a sports bra on, you can't help but look!!!! Its like if you got it flaunt it (which at my gym they do) so don't act all shocked if every guy in the gym is checking you out when your doing your leg kicks/yoga stretches in the ab room!
    Because they enjoy being noticed but not leered at.
    We all notice, and just in cased a suitable mate is there, the ladies want to look their best - even at the gym.
    BUT!!!!!!
    They don't want to have to deal with all the ugly guys, so there's the disconnect.

These ladies would never admit this truth, and the rejected guys would never admit that they fall into the category of the the rejected ugly, but this is the mating game folks!
    Deal with it.

That doesn't quite gel actually. Happily married people go to the gym too.
    Told you the ladies would never admit this...:laugh:

And it depends on what you're wearing? You know who you are!
    If you're wearing fancy, revealing, sexy workout clothes, you want to be noticed.
    I have no issue with this - you ladies look GREAT!
    You're still in the game - even married.

Me? I am NOT in the game except with my wife.
    She's the ONLY lady who gets to see me wear a singlet. :embarassed:

I'm sorry but you're wrong. IDGAF if you do think all ladies want to be noticed at the gym. I wear tight clothing because it's comfortable not because I want to pick some guy up. If I wanted to do that, I'd go dancing in my slut dress and screw me shoes, they're much more effective. At the gym I want to workout, when I'm jogging I want to jog and be left the hell alone. If I'm worried about if other people are staring, then I can't concentrate on my workout and my goals.
    Again, denying basic nature.
    Oh well. Remember, I predicted this response.

People have a hard time admitting how driven we all are.
    Welcome to the human race:bigsmile:

It really must suck to constantly be bothered by that little toddler running around in your pants.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say this and then be done with this thread. A lot of the girls at my gym are pretty modestly covered ... but when I worked out an all-girls gym, I took a turbo kick class once a week. My instructor (in fact, every instructor that taught there) would wear capris and a sports bra. I could ogle their abs and admire them for their hard work. I know what it takes to get abs. I've seen the hard work girls put in just to get the flat belly and especially to get their abs to show.

If I see a girl dressed like that, hell yeah, I'll probably think, Wow, nice tatas. This coming from a completely straight girl. BUT, it also inspires me and motivates me to work hard 'cause one day, I want to have a little ab showing! I don't want a 6 pack, but I wouldn't mind Jen Aniston's abs. And I fully intend on showing off my body at the gym so everyone there knows that I don't play around. I take PRIDE in my sweat soaked shirt. And honestly, today, it would have been nice to just run in my sports bra 'cause I got frickin' hot. Until my belly is flat, though, I'll keep wearing my tanks.
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options

We are allowed to wear sleeveless. Have you ever seen people where their tee shirts after they have basically cut the entire sides out of them?? That is what we are not allowed to wear. And if they do wear those "edited" tee shirts they have to wear a tank top under them.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Those tight and sometimes revealing clothes that some ladies choose to wear to the gym were actually made for working out in. This means that they wick the sweat off our hard working bodies to help us keep cool which means we can actually work out in more comfort and for a longer period of time. These specially made workout clothes also help us out so we don't stink like the hot sweaty men that are ogling over us :)

Exactly . Some people may like large baggy t's soaked with sweat clinging to them, but I personally do not. I don't see anyone get offended by the men in the gym running around without shirts. There's seriously not much of a difference here.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

We are allowed to wear sleeveless. Have you ever seen people where their tee shirts after they have basically cut the entire sides out of them?? That is what we are not allowed to wear. And if they do wear those "edited" tee shirts they have to wear a tank top under them.

ohhh right, that makes more sense :L
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    sweating and being hot is not fun. smaller amounts of clothing help this. ya'll get to be all half naked legally all the time and we don't complain about it!
  • carcrsh
    carcrsh Posts: 70
    Options
    I don't care if it's freezing out or hot. I always wear shorts. I love shorts! I live in shorts. I tried working out in pants once and hated it! I love the freedom shorts give me and my legs. My shorts vary in length but they at least cover my butt. Only recently have I started wearing tanks with my sports bra showing a bit. I'm getting more comfortable with myself and I like seeing my muscles working when I'm lifting weights and what not. If people look I don't notice and don't care. I'm there to workout and could care less what others think. I get work done and clean the machines afterwards.

Why are people so butt hurt about girls/women wearing make up though? My mother would go to the gym right after work and she'd have a full face on. It takes awhile to take that stuff off you know? Nevermind the fact that she lost 100 pounds and now runs marathons. She must be trying to get peoples attention all the time at the gym huh? People could be going after a class or just after a day out. So what? By the end some if not all gets wiped off by the swear.And if not? Oh well. We all have our priorities. They're all different.

People are so judgmental. I think before we call people barbies or whatever we should really consider what their life's like. There's a reason people do what they do. Stop worrying about them and worry about yourself.

It's just really irritating always hearing about how people believe women are doing the wrong thing or being too sexual or whatever.You don't ever hear about it too much with guys.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people are paying WAYYYYY to much attention to what others are wearing at the gym. To me that's weirder than a girl dressed in sexy work out clothes.

When go to the gym, what others are wearing is the last thing on my mind. But that's just me.

I think its hilarious and sad that it seems to be that if a woman looks pretty working out or wears something cuter than a loose shirt and sweats, she's begging for attention and worse yet automatically not a serious gym goer. REALLY? As a girl who often wears make up at the gym and always cute workout clothes...I kick *kitten* in that gym and could care less who stares at me or what people think of my attire.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I don't care if it's freezing out or hot. I always wear shorts. I love shorts! I live in shorts. I tried working out in pants once and hated it! I love the freedom shorts give me and my legs. My shorts vary in length but they at least cover my butt. Only recently have I started wearing tanks with my sports bra showing a bit. I'm getting more comfortable with myself and I like seeing my muscles working when I'm lifting weights and what not. If people look I don't notice and don't care. I'm there to workout and could care less what others think. I get work done and clean the machines afterwards.

Why are people so butt hurt about girls/women wearing make up though? My mother would go to the gym right after work and she'd have a full face on. It takes awhile to take that stuff off you know? Nevermind the fact that she lost 100 pounds and now runs marathons. She must be trying to get peoples attention all the time at the gym huh? People could be going after a class or just after a day out. So what? By the end some if not all gets wiped off by the swear.And if not? Oh well. We all have our priorities. They're all different.

People are so judgmental. I think before we call people barbies or whatever we should really consider what their life's like. There's a reason people do what they do. Stop worrying about them and worry about yourself.

It's just really irritating always hearing about how people believe women are doing the wrong thing or being too sexual or whatever.You don't ever hear about it too much with guys.

totally agree.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    H*ll, I just like seeing my muscles move. I can't see them if they're covered up. :smile:
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I work out at home or walk outside..Im happily married, and really wouldn't appreciate someone gawking at me while trying to workout at a gym. HOWEVER, I'd never dress trashy to get those unwanted looks/comments! Baggy sweats/longer shorts/and t shirt for me!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i can defintely tell the difference between a woman dressed to work out, and someone there dressed to be noticed.

however, if they are comfortable in their work out attire, i am no one to judge them, and OP, you aren't either. and try not to stare and be a creeper.