LADIES: GYM ATTIRE; OPINION POLL

Options

Replies

• landorki
    landorki Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I work out in my home gym... so no one sees me but me! BUT I like to wear clothes that are form fitting because it is more COMFORTABLE for me. I do not want baggy pants flapping in the breeze as I am trying to run on the treadmill, or baggy shirt to get caught on my toning machine.... it is safety and comfort.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It's simple. Girls like to SEE what the work they have put in has done. Why be all covered up when you've worked your butt off to have those abs?

I agree with this. When I went to the gym I liked to look at myself in the mirror and notice the changes in my body, which is easier to do in tighter clothes. If I had the body for it I'd probably do the yoga pants and sports bra thing, which is how I work out in my living room because I feel like without the extra clothing it's more comfortable and I'm more aware of the work my body is doing.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the OP is just suggesting ... look hot, dress hot, then be comfortable with me staring at your fun parts.

I would never talk to you, but can't I appreicate a painting I like?

If I don't say anything, but stare at your chesticles bouncing a bit while you are on the treadmill, am I bad person?!?

I mean there isn't that much in the gym to hold my attention as ESPN is running the same god damn 10 Clips over and OVER AND OVER! I will just focus on you bumpy rumpy while I try to keep pace. I'm not drooling just staring! is vision soooo terrible!?

So basically, its okay too look as long as you don't approach. I'm okay with that
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Who in the hell wants to run in a hot t-shirt?? certainly not I! so I wear a sports top an matching pants. Hey if you look you look but i get in to jog at 6.8 and run at 9.2. On the Arc im always on a minimum of 30 resistance. I go hard and go home. But im not going to not be comfortable because your gawking.
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    agreed!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I bought my one Lycra top because I was getting too sweaty doing the 30DS in a t-shirt. I hope that if I got as sweaty in a gym I'd have the guts to do the same.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    "Hi!, What do you think about the current round of GOP candidates?""Especially after the South Carolina poll results?"

fitness_instructor_08.jpg
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    "Hi!, What do you think about the current round of GOP candidates?""Especially after the South Carolina poll results?"

fitness_instructor_08.jpg

haha Jeff! love it
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Finally a hot picture!!! :)
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wear baggy sweats, a tank top, t-shirt and hoodie. I really don't want to be looked at or talked to, I just want to get my work out done and move on. :o)
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with the others. Girls that dress like that.. want the attention. And even if they say they don't.. it's like an achievement if they get it anyway. Aren't women so easy to understand? :)

^This

and I don't dress like that. I wear a hoodie that covers my *kitten* too, and do most of the exercises in the women's workout area..
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Girls like that bug me. Well let me clarify...women who just wear LITTLE short shorts and a sports bra/barely cover their *kitten*/stomach with perfect make up and hair. How can you get a good work out if you're too concerned about how you look? There's a women at my gym who wears one of those "Bombshell" Victorias Secret Bras (it's like a super push up bra) underneath a sports bra with itty bitty shorts that barely cover her as. She struts around like she's on a runway lifting like 5/10 ponds. She's one of those mad skinny girls but it's just kind of...inappropriate I think, to show up to the gym dressed like that. You're obviously looking for attention. Personally I wear shorts and a wife beater because it gets hot but it's not revealing. But honestly those women are so obviously looking for attention and it's even more annoying when they act like they're not.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Ok so hears the deal. I was wanting you girls opinion on something I've wondered for a long time. Most women don't wanna be gawked at in the gym or they act as if they dont. BUT WHY do you wear such revealing clothes. By all means I'm a fan, but when the girl shows up with her shorts rolled up and a sports bra on, you can't help but look!!!! Its like if you got it flaunt it (which at my gym they do) so don't act all shocked if every guy in the gym is checking you out when your doing your leg kicks/yoga stretches in the ab room!

Stare and gawk as much as possible. And don't apologize for it either.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I tend not to group ALL of anyone who does anything. Some may like getting looked at, others may not be able to do exercises as well if they're encumbered by baggy clothes or maybe they get too hot when running, etc. to have a bunch of clothes on, or maybe they expect people to mind their own and not think that wearing a certain outfit means they're asking to be looked at/talked to. To each their own, ya know what assumptions do...
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Wow. Who cares? I wish I had the confidence to wear whatever. Good for them. I cover up, but it's because I am too self conscious. It sucks to overheat, but there I am with a beet red face doing just that. If it bothers people that they have so little on, don't look at them. :huh:
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I don't wear skimpy stuff.. .but I wish I could because being covered up is horrible and sweaty and hot... But I reckon most of the lasses that wear the skimpy stuff are posers anyway and if they were actually working out hard they'd be dripping in sweat. But more credit to them if they're still in great shape and can prance about in skimpy stuff! I think most of us other girls that don't and can't are just jealous so we whinge! :)
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    do you mean the girls who prance around the gym and not do anything? lol

^^^^ this and the ones who do their hair and make up BEFOREtheir "work out"

^^ THIS! I was stunned to see our middle aged zumba instructor curling her hair and reapplying her mascara before class one day. I know that people are looking at you since you're leading the class, but how does this make any sense at all???

And yeah, those girls who dress like it's an athletic fashion shoot are ridiculous- especially the ones who are so obvious about it and just seem to wander from room to room, and when they finally take a seat on a bike or something, they have their cell phone whipped out.
    If we bore you to death, feel free to go SOMEWHERE ELSE!
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Wow. Who cares? I wish I had the confidence to wear whatever. Good for them. I cover up, but it's because I am too self conscious. It sucks to overheat, but there I am with a beet red face doing just that. If it bothers people that they have so little on, don't look at them. :huh:

^This
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I do not wear revealing clothing at the gym either, so, if someone is then I concede they can deal with whatever attention that gets them. But what I don't get is the guys wearing knit caps at the gym?! are they trying to sweat it out, or do they think that looks cool or something? I think it looks ridiculous.
  • mikki629
    Options
    The women who DON'T want to get gawked at, will dress accordingly. Clothes can be perfect for movement and keeping cool without looking scandalous. The women who DO want attention will of course dress so as to draw attention.

IMO, those who dress to attract yet act surprised/annoyed at the attention probably don't want said attention from certain 'types' of men and will discourage them. Again, IMO, SOME men do the same thing. A hot chick hits on them they are flattered. A not-so-hot chick hits on them, they are jerks.