LADIES: GYM ATTIRE; OPINION POLL

Options

Replies

• Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    So.. some women are sluts and some men are dogs... Sounds like a symbiotic relationship.
  • ElleD89
    ElleD89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do not wear revealing clothing at the gym either, so, if someone is then I concede they can deal with whatever attention that gets them. But what I don't get is the guys wearing knit caps at the gym?! are they trying to sweat it out, or do they think that looks cool or something? I think it looks ridiculous.

^^^ THIS! What is with the beanies in the gym? The last thing I want to be wearing is a hat. Guys, ya'll do the same things too! What's with the shirts where the arm pits go down to your hips?
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Gyms are social, most people want to be looked at. I have a home gym and bought everything I need for the price most gyms charge for memberships so I don't know why there would ever be a need to set foot in a gym unless you want to be social, period.

I definitely don't socialize with anyone at the gym. I go for accountability and motivation (plus I don't have all 200 machines at home). For me, a HUGE part of sticking to a workout routine is simply stepping out of the door - whether its to jog, go to yoga class, go to Zumba or go to the gym. I'm one of those people who has a treadmill in my garage buried under who knows what. I need to just be able to walk out the door, because then there's no turning back or quitting early.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to wear nothin' but a sports bra and yoga pants...because then I've achieved my "DAMN YOU'RE HOT" goal...I don't mind if you stare, but I'll going to look right back like "yeah you want this, but I can kick your *kitten*" glare lol I can't help it, i stare at women that dress like that, I wouldn't mind the looks of appreciation...just don't get creepy!

Great Spirit! Love it! We will all get there soon.

When I taught spinning classes, I had a girl come into class wearing skin tight jeans, full make up and long hair hanging down all around. It doesn't matter what you wear, as long as you are there to work out and work out hard. All is good!
  • shellybean826
    Options
    to be honest with you ..like another poster said on this thread ...i will also check out a girl that is wearing tight clothes with what i consider a very nice body :blushing: because she is what i am trying to get too .....i think its ok to wear whatever you want to wear and ive never been irritated by someone in my gym ..but the day i was talking about ...with the 3 girls that didnt want to sweat ...it was a busy day in my gym ....and packed (new years resolutions) and all i kept thinking of was ...there isnt enough machines as it is and here you are ....taking up one that someone that does want to sweat could be using ...but again like someone else said on this thread also .they paid their money just like i did for the membership ..soooooooooooo ..they have the right to do what they want :) .....and yessssssssssssss there are men there that look very nice too :tongue: and i watch them also lifting their weights on the other side of the gym lol :flowerforyou:
  • inuit
    inuit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I swim at the gym, i wear a low topped swimming costume, because it is my best asset by far and the rest of me, well lets say its needs A LOT of work. My theory is people may over look the bad parts of me if they are concentrating on my better bits LOL. So i am in no position to say anything if people look at my better area. It is quite flattering, but some do get a little pervy.

However my swimming suit it still very sensible as i go to swim 50 lengths. However the young lady tonight whom was wearing a very small bikini and i mean small was definetly there for the looks. Have to say she looked hot, but she wasnt there to plow up and down the lanes. She looked great perched on the edge the pool, oh what it would be to be 20 years younger and weigh half what i do.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    it's funny when more women than not, spend that much time and energy and money on hair, makeup, clothes, shoes, makeovers, surgery etc. they dress to look good, then they complain about being looked at...

but yeah, people dress well because they want to look good. i don't wear skimpy clothes at the gym because i don't believe i have the body to pull it off, but if i could i would, and i'd stick my chest out and be proud of it if i felt confident enough to do it. and i'd revel in the boys perving at me.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    We all look and want to be admired -- but the "creepy admiring" is where the admirerers need have restraint and show respect to other comfort
  • TrinaManley
    Options
    I wear shorts and a shirt while I am walking to my machine and even when I warn up however when I start running I take my t-shirt off. I usually run for 45 mins, once I am done I put my shirt back on. While I am running I watch tv and have my music going. I do not look to see if people are watching me because I could care less if they are. I am there to work out! Stare all you want, just don't stop me from working out.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Girls like that bug me. Well let me clarify...women who just wear LITTLE short shorts and a sports bra/barely cover their *kitten*/stomach with perfect make up and hair. How can you get a good work out if you're too concerned about how you look? There's a women at my gym who wears one of those "Bombshell" Victorias Secret Bras (it's like a super push up bra) underneath a sports bra with itty bitty shorts that barely cover her as. She struts around like she's on a runway lifting like 5/10 ponds. She's one of those mad skinny girls but it's just kind of...inappropriate I think, to show up to the gym dressed like that. You're obviously looking for attention. Personally I wear shorts and a wife beater because it gets hot but it's not revealing. But honestly those women are so obviously looking for attention and it's even more annoying when they act like they're not.

Oddly enough, that doesn't bother me. Well gets me hot and bothered. :flowerforyou:

hot_fit_chicks_014.jpg
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Loose-fitting shorts turn you into a flasher.

Yep, and the last thing you want to be caught wearing on the hip abductor machine is loose shorts. :laugh:

Is that what that thing's called?

I always referred to it as the "good-girl/bad-girl machine"

And this is what I will call it from now forth.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I go to planet fitness the so called average joe gym. They have a dress code for the guys so there not looking or acting intimidating but nothing for the females its so sexist.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I go to planet fitness the so called average joe gym. They have a dress code for the guys so there not looking or acting intimidating but nothing for the females its so sexist.

I don't trust machines that are Barney colored
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I worked hard for my body so i started wearing sports bras to the gym bc i feel confident to do so and bc if i can work out and sweat my *kitten* off in less clithes and be comfortable with it, then why not? If guys want to look at me they can, i check out guys in tight beaters with big muscles too ;)
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I worked hard for my body so i started wearing sports bras to the gym bc i feel confident to do so and bc if i can work out and sweat my *kitten* off in less clithes and be comfortable with it, then why not? If guys want to look at me they can, i check out guys in tight beaters with big muscles too ;)

I love the honesty. Great reply
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    do you mean the girls who prance around the gym and not do anything? lol

^^^^ this and the ones who do their hair and make up BEFOR their "work out"

Yes... Gag
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    do you mean the girls who prance around the gym and not do anything? lol

^^^^ this and the ones who do their hair and make up BEFOR their "work out"

Yes... Gag

I don't quite know one would know they just got done redoing their makeup?

Is this bad?

photogallery_perfect_workout_made_just_for_women_01_full.jpg
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Honestly, nothing is BAD- If I were in my 20's had an awesome bod and was single, I'd probably care a lot more than I do now about what I look like working out. I only think it's irritating when women dress like that, with the hair and makeup, and DON'T work out really. Then i want to tell them to just go to a singles bar.

As for me- I wear workout clothes and love when I start looking good in them- nothing too over the top- but hey- if you can get to where you look good- AWESOME!
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel superior to assume I'm an attention *kitten* because of my workout attire, I'm fine with it. Hell, I'll even reciprocate by assuming you have no pride in your appearance. How's that sound?

Oh wait, I don't care how anyone else at the gym dresses. Nope, not even a little.
  • Kittie_Kat
    Options
    haha I don't know if I'd ever wear less than yoga pants/capris and a tank top even when I reach my goal. One time This woman was doing mat exercises and I could totally see everything she owned. Ugh really come on, go ahead and wear shorts and a sports bra but if everything is falling out or about to, you should cover that up or if men look at you, don't get pissed!