Guys who find curvy girls more attractive...

Options

Replies

• Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    I love curvy women! Body examples: Kate Winslet, Kim Kardashian, Adele, America Ferrera, Mariah Carey. Most of my guy friends love curvy women as well, but everybody's got their own preference :smile:
  • xoMeaghan
    xoMeaghan Posts: 175
    Options
    Different men like different body types but the message I have for you is to DO WHAT YOU WANT. If you feel comfortable and confident the way you look now, then congratulations and power to you! If you don't like the way you look, then do something for YOURSELF. If your guy is still there when you lose the weight, then he must really love you for you =) If not, was he worth it to begin with?

Don't be discouraged by what others think. This is for you, right?
  • micky554
    micky554 Posts: 4
    Options
    many actresses are anorexic - that's not attractive.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    My husband says that I am currently at my "perfect weight" and always repeats "curves curves curves!!!" He loves them. I'm 39", 31", 42". But I weigh 165! I want to be around 140, so he will have to deal. Haha. And I'm sure I'll still be curvy. Just be what feels healthy!

I always prefer my wife right around 150-170, she's about 5'4". Not sure of measurements, but if I had to guss I'd say at that weight she was probably 36-31-44, perfect for me!
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    My husband says that I am currently at my "perfect weight" and always repeats "curves curves curves!!!" He loves them. I'm 39", 31", 42". But I weigh 165! I want to be around 140, so he will have to deal. Haha. And I'm sure I'll still be curvy. Just be what feels healthy!

half_moon...your husband is right. You look awesome!

Agreed!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm curvy now, I'll be curvy at my ultimate goal weight. I've always had curves for as far back as I can remember. That being said, I still have moments where I wish I was skinny. I am learning to embrace the curves and love being me! All in baby steps . . .
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between curvy and fat. You can still be curvy when you're skinny by having a bone structure with wide hips, skinny waist and C cups.

Exactly! And there is nothing we can do about it. I don't have an hourglass an d I never will because I wasn't born with one. If I gained 30 pounds I would be fat, not curvy. And you can be curvy as all get out and be thin and muscular with a six pack.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend loves curves too! He says "bones are for the dog, meat is for the man" lol. He's scared I'm gunna lose my hips and my *kitten*.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options

half_moon...your husband is right. You look awesome!

Agreed!

You guys are SO sweet!!

Also to the girl who said she is 180 and a size 8.. CAN I HAVE YOUR BODY?!?

I'm dabbling in the 10s/12s at 165. Can I haz your height? 8D
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    I love them thick and muscular, especially from the waist down.
  • NobleSpirit11
    Options
    Most women have their own unique style of beauty. That said, I find women with curves more physically attractive than women who are slender.
  • SpanishRapunzel
    SpanishRapunzel Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My husband prefers the Scarlett Johansson type, my brother prefers the Kate Moss type. DH is 5'7" 145 lbs, bro is 5'11" 210 lbs. To each their own. *shrug*
  • Bradford72
    Bradford72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My husband prefers the Scarlett Johansson type, my brother prefers the Kate Moss type. DH is 5'7" 145 lbs, bro is 5'11" 210 lbs. To each their own. *shrug*

Good thing you're with your husband and not your brother. Hubby is right!
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    well, my boyfriend sort of dropped a bomb on me today, it made me have to reevaluate what I believed men considered attractive. I always figured guys were with me because of my personality or something, but my boyfriend very plainly said he likes curvy, soft-looking girls, and gave the out-of-nowhere example of Thora Birch in Ghost World. It's funny, because her body type in that movie is my body type. I figured guys like girls skinnier than that. But Jordan said she got less hot once she lost a bunch of weight. !? Same with Christina Ricci? I mean it's not like he finds skinny women unattractive (for instance Scarlett Johansson) I guess he just likes them all cleavagey. And he said that's 'the norm'. (disclaimer, my boyfriend is of the cool nerd variety.)

I assumed guys wanted girls to have flat stomachs, to be toned, slender, with B cups. It just seems weird to LIKE it when girls are chubbier. First of all, this sort of weakened my resolve to lose weight (the fantasy of me weighing 125 pounds and him being like "YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL I LOVE YOU" sort of died) but also makes me wonder if I've read guys wrong all along.

So has anything like this happened to you, too?

Guys, what EXACTLY is the kind of preferred body type? What features do you tend to like and dislike?

Like anything it probably just comes down to personal preference.

I am on the chubby side (not obese though) but seem to have no issues having guys hit on me and telling me I am attractive, so I guess that may mean something?
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    There was a study done that showed that men actually don't pay as much attention to size as they do shape. It is all about the waist to hip ratio. Its an programed response to the fertility of a woman. The small waist and amble hip means she is more likely to be able to bare children. That being said I think my hubby likes me better now that I am thinner. My ratio changed too though so the response I have been getting from other people may be more of a reflection of that.
  • follmer20
    follmer20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend loves my legs and butt. Me personally I think they're big. He tells me all the time how much he likes my body. and I'm not skinny by all means, having 2 kids and weighing about 20-25 lbs more then when we met. He loves me no matter how I look! :-)
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i just realized something! we are not trying to lose are butts and guts for guys at all! we are trying to be smaller for those girls that look at us and think omg she is fat! We want to be accepted by other girls because we want them to envy us instead of judging us! I don't know if this is true for everyone but that seems to be the case. I'm a 34 dd and a size eight paint. I think other girls think size weight is to big for my height of 5ft 1inch but I shouldn't care what other girls think of my jean size. My shoulders and hands and feet are way petite though girls get really jealous of that for some reason. I think as a girl we should do are best to put aside our jealousness and think about what guys think of our curves instead...cause it's almost impossible to get another girls total approval cause there is always that jealous thing going on.... i'm I on track?

the thruth is somewhere in here ^
    I never heard a guy say he seeks for a woman with a thight-gap. yet girls wanna have one anyway.
    my bf doesn't want me to lose weight...yet i make myself believe he wil prefer me skinnier.
    but who's listening.... we made our minds up... end of reasoning...
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Curves are what's all about. A girl without curves is just a man.

wow... really? tell me how..

When you lose your boobs you grow a penis......
    Oh no! My boobs are slipping away by the minute! LOL!

LOL! good thing i plan on buying new ones... :laugh: i kid. while yes, they have gotten "smaller" since losing weight, i still have enough to work with. :wink:
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Slutty was my usual cup of tea...and A.

Bahahahahhahahaha OMG THAT WAS SO FUNNY IT HURT!
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I feel so shallow . . . I find curves very, very, sexy. But I think it's just how a lot of us (guys) are and a lot of it has to do with biology and brain sex. Curves mean fertility, etc, which at the end of the day is what drives us all to find a mate if we want kids or not. It's always lurking in the background.

I would say he's with you because of a mix of how you look and who you are. Afterall, I bet he saw you before he talked to you. It doesn't make you any less valuable inside. You're, well, you're just attractive weight loss or no weight loss.

Loose what weight you feel you have to if you like for you, feel good. Please feel good about yourself.
    I'm on here becaue I don't think curves are sexy on a guy, namely me. I want more confidence and energy.

Love this