Nobody has noticed

Options

Replies

• pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options

I guarantee a little tooting of your horn will open up the lines of communication.

^^^^^ this

Don't be afraid to go fishing for compliments! :wink:
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    They will, it'll go off like a light switch then soon they will be asking you constantly. Keep it going.:tongue:
  • sarhneman
    Options
    Congratulations!

I noticed this too with my friends at school. I lost a little over 20 lbs last semester, but the people that I saw everyday never seemed to realize it at all. I think it was because it is such a gradual change, and hard to notice, kind of like your little brother getting taller everyday or something. It was funny though, because guys all of a sudden found me more attractive at school, though I don't think they realize why. :P
  • avk9802
    avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    These people probably see you everyday so they don't notice the dramatic change because they saw you as you were progressing. I felt the same way until I saw numerous people from out of state recently and they were all calling me "skinny" Obviously to make me feel good and it was their way of noticing I had lost so much weight. (def. NOT skinny yet but I'm getting there, lol)
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    The line between complimentary and creepy is rather vague....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's hilarious but sometimes too true.

As a female, I like it when my friends and family members compliment me, but taking compliments from male strangers makes me embarrassed or question their motives, which I assume most of the time are not sexual but insincere or attempts to get something. If these guys really are sincere, I assume they are desperate because I'm not some beauty queen.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I don't typically say anything when people lose weight because some people (not me- but people I know) legitimately find that offensive. They think it's rude because the person would be implying that they were fat in the first place.
  • jsmith0644
    jsmith0644 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's for you first. It doesn't matter what they say. It's for you. If you've lost and gained before maybe they just don't want to make an issue of it. It could be any number of reasons. Smile, be happy, you look and feel great. When they do notice...they'll be amazed.
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    All of a sudden everyone will notice. People are so polite, they don't want to say anything in case you were sick or there was something going on. Buy a new outfit to reward yourself that fits your new "figure" & I bet people will notice.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, but they will start to notice. Wear a dress in front of them. That's what it took to get my hubby to notice.

Good luck! :)
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this time (on here) has been less notice - but...............I think it is cos it is a healthier loss - and no need to say anything to anyone really.
    My best day was seeing a couple of gay guys I hadn't seen in a while and they noticed st8 away!!! I was like 'damn and you guys are gay, I want the st8 ones to notice' LOL!!! It'll happen - just continue on with the life changes and all will be revealed :happy:
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    It took almost 50 pounds for people to start noticing me, and I had dropped 3 dress sizes then. I also am very open about it so everyone close to me knew I was trying, and I kept reminding them with my NSV's every couple of days. I made it hard for them not to pay attention :).

However, I went out for wings the other night with a friend that hasn't seen me since early December. He knows I've been losing weight and strength training, and I haven't lost a lot since then, maybe 5 pounds, but I've been toning up and watching what I eat. He sits down, looks at me, and says, "Holy Heather, I can't really tell because you have your coat on, but you're getting super skinny! Your cheekbones are bigger!"

Lol I had to laugh at that, but then I took a closer look and he was right. My other two friends that were there with me see me once a week, so they don't really notice (or say anyway) these things. It's not that my cheekbones are actually bigger, but my face has definitely started to thin out, which is totally awesome. I was totally concentrating on what my body looked like, and I completely forgot my face used to be very round, but now I'm getting some angles.
  • pcousins13Patricia
    pcousins13Patricia Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am so guilty of not noticing when people lose weight, unless it is a HUGE amount. Perhaps there are more people out there like me. I wouldn't take it personally...its probably not that it is NOT noticeable! As long as you are happy with the results, that's all that matters. Congratulations, by the way, on the weight loss!
  • amesie425
    Options
    I have a picture of this on my laptop for inspiration, it says....

"It takes 4 weeks for you the see your body changing.
    It takes 8 weeks for your friends and family
    and it takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world.

KEEP GOING."

Keep it up, they will notice soon:smile:
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    So I am down 16+ pounds in less than 2 months. I know it has not been that long or that much weight, but I feel drastically different. Better outlook, wearing nicer clothes, happier. Even my hair looks better.

Meanwhile, not one person has said a word. Coworkers, friends, nothing.

In the past, I have lost less weight and had people ask if I had been losing weight. I know I have much more to go, but I would have thought I would have someone notice. Ugh. :(

sort of depends on what you started at, heavier you started with the less likely they are to notice. Example: 130 lbs loses 16+ lbs and everyone will notice, but Biggest Loser contestant loses 16 lbs and it doesn't look any different
  • mlawilm
    mlawilm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm with dls....who cares if they notice...all that matters is that you know how hard you are working and that you feel good about yourself !!
    :flowerforyou:

1580924.png
  • jjohnboy2000
    jjohnboy2000 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I agree with what a lot of the other posters have said, if they see you every day then perhaps they won't notice. When hair was in fashion, I use to have a moustache. I shaved it off and it took my colleagues 2 days to realise what was different!
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Nope, no ones said anything to me either. I guess because I am still wearing the same baggy clothes...they just look a little baggier to me. Come spring tho...watch out. I am starting to fit into my tighter fitting shirts after 20 pounds lost so by then I hope to have them be loose on me!!

I was able to fit into a medium shirt from my closet the other day. Hadn't worn that in over 3 years. FELT good so........

No one knew it was medium but me and I was happy the whole day!!
  • Amy271189
    Options
    When people see you all the time it's harder for them to notice unless you take before and after pics.

I thought the same when I lost 20Ibs no one could really notice and I got a bit upset about it too be honest. Then my aunite came over who I'd not seen in over 6 months and was amazed by how much i'd lost and how great I looked. I can honestly say that put a big smile on my face... You look great Hun, keep up the excellent work =) xx
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain.
    I've lost 49 pounds, but no one notices. Though I've gone from size 20 to 14, not a peep. I've gone from 230 to 180 pounds.
    The reason my weight loss goes unnoticed is that my husband lost 100+ pounds and went from 250 to 141 pounds at 5'10". This leaves me still "Mrs. Sprat". His loss is so spectacular, my efforts are lost in the glare. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for him and honor his accomplishment. He worked hard to get where he is.
    All I can do is keep losing and maybe one day I'll come out of my husband's shadow.
  • saylou
    saylou Posts: 3
    Options
    Don't let the fact that people aren't noticing discourage you on this wonderful journey. I'm sure they're all occupied with their own self-consciousness.

Hats off to you on this adventure!! :flowerforyou:

Jesus sees... and He loves you too!! :heart: :smile:

1313846.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods