ever been told you werent good looking?

Options

Replies

• agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Kylie - you are absolutely beautiful. don't be cruel to yourself. I'm sure you would NEVER say those things to anyone else. You deserve the same.
    I've only heard it from myself. If I see myself in the mirror, its usually what I say.
    I have issues I need to sort out lol.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    there's no recovering from that, is there?
    Sometimes they made barking noises at me.

I got that, too, by some guy that used to ride the bus with me in school. As soon as I got on, he would start and everybody would laugh. I was mortified and completely devastated.
  • mdailey93
    Options
    I have been told I was ugly lots of times. Usually by other girls, but sometimes by guys.

I always think of myself as ugly.

I wouldn't say these things made me get healthy. I'm pretty sure even when I'm skinny I'll probably be a buttaface. Lol.
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Not to my face, but I once over heard my great grandma tell my step mom that I "used to be as pretty as a model." Does that count?

You have GOT to be kidding! You are GORGEOUS! Seriously you're beautiful.
  • decemberjewel
    Options
    My coworker's brother came in Subway (where I work) to order a sandwich one day and later that day, the coworker came in. He (coworker) had asked his brother who fixed his sandwich and his brother said "One of the fat girls." My coworker told me this and I was like, "Excuse me?!" And my coworker said "Well, you and ____ are fat. You do know that, right?"

Seriously?! Yes I know I'm fat but really, must you go there. :(

Coworker is a shallow and perverted boy, but he does admit it... And even if he does make comments that makes me want to punch him, he is entertaining sometimes...

And I was the typical kid: overweight, glasses, buck teeth... I have all that today and yeah, you can imagine the names I was called. But my friends, my true friends, are what helped me through the years. They are awesome and I'm so lucky to still (!) have them in my life! :)
  • mdailey93
    Options
    I have been told I am ugly because I have red hair and freckles! I just looked at this person in amazement. I had no idea the color of your hair actually makes you ugly in other peoples eyes. I have been self conscious about being a redhead ever since.

Red heads are da bomb. <3 My boyfriend is a ginger, there is nothing more attractive then red hair and freckles (especially on girls)!
  • spulido01
    spulido01 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was told the entire time I was growing up I could be so pretty if only I was thin. I have been heavy my entire life. I am at the lowest weight now than before I hit high school. With that said, high school was a nightmare. I will never forget one comment made by a boy in my PE class. (boy) Do you smoke? (Me) No, (Boy) should have started would have stunted your growth.

Ah such is life.

My ex loved me for me, still tells me I am beautiful But during our entire marriage I doubted his love, I did get therapy, and realized it started when I was so young, it's hard to turn off. I am much better now. I know who I am, and know I am someones "10".
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I've been told I wasn't good looking since we all had to watch that horrible video about the chances in our body. Purberty is a horrible thing. I'm still getting the "ugly girl" looks from people.

I was hanging out with one of my chick friends and her sister and realized I'M THE UGLY FRIEND! Same thing happened when I was a little younger and with my cousins. I was the ugly duckling of the group :( Guys say I'm "hot" just to see how far I would go. I just laugh and tell them "yeah I'm more like luke warm"

I'm sad now all over again

How the hell are you ugly? You're actually hot to me.. sorry if it coming from a girl bothers you. XD
  • Yeah, all the time.

People always made/make comments about how pale I am and how I need to tan. I was so self-concious about it that I spent two years in college going to tanning beds. Now, I just said F it and I've learned to accept it. I'd rather be pale than increase my chances of skin cancer.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Plenty of times!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Yes. Sadly, it was my mother doing the tellin'. It was her way of preparing my fo life as a homely girl. It was pretty devastating to deal with as a child and yes, it caused me a lot of pain. But in the end it made me a strong person.
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    In my late teens I met a guy in school who I thought was neat. He had a different outlook on life than most people in good ol' Wisconsin, and I'm attracted to strong personalities for friends. So he and I became fast friends. He taught me a lot, especially about vegan eating (which is not for me, but something I can appreciate) but I also challenged some of his views. Everything was going fine until one night when we were working late at school on something. I don't remember what was said, I think it was an invitation to do something outside of school. His face fell and there was a long, awkward pause before he told me that he really liked my personality but didn't find me physically attractive. I was hurt, but also confused. I had absolutely no romantic feelings toward him. I simply enjoyed his company as a friend. I told him I had meant it in a platonic way and to f*** off. We spent the next few years being friendly but not friends with each other since we were in the same program and were forced to spend a lot of time together.

That's the time that stands out in my mind because it was the most direct. But my life has been peppered with people not finding me attractive. The nice ones say I'm cute, or sometimes adorable... and that was fine when I was younger but now it feels like a curse. I blame my chubby cheeks and little nose for the "cute" factor. Because my overall body definitely isn't cute. At least not yet. <.<
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    always have been the ugly one >.> when i was a kid i was too skinny and then i got older and everyone called me ugly n fat n manly (i was 130lbs probably not fat but back then i believed it) to this day im still the fat one and always get compared to my cousin i hate how my family always says well shes so pretty and soo cute i guess u couldnt wear that :/

They're full of crap! You're freakin beautiful
  • doing_it4me
    Options
    this will stick with me forever

in 7th grade i had this crush on this boy and of course i couldnt "ask him out" so i had a friend get his opinion of me

he said "she isnt pretty enough"

looking back now i was an idiot for crushing on him he is overweight and partys a lot, but..has a super good job!

but it is inspiration for me to get better and more self confidence in myself
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I couldn't forget when I was still a kid where my mother would say things like "you know she's far more beautiful than you" and also at school where I was the laughing stock in our class & my male classmates would punch on me, spit on me & call me ugly. Then when I turned 15, at that time I started to pile on the pounds until 2010 the last time I was overweight, my family would always compare me to my sister who is naturally skinny & saying things like "she may not have a pretty face but look at her, she is very lovely unlike you" & "no you'll never be attractive".
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I've never been told outright but I've been made to feel pretty dang ugly. It's a scar I wear.
  • crazyola26
    crazyola26 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Let's see.

When I was a young kid I was slim and was a tennis player, dancer, and swimmer. I started to gain weight when we moved to a different state who didn't offer these things as readibly. Starting around age 10 my mom would tell me to "suck it in" and would pat my stomach. In middle school I was called a "fat -ss" by my peer. To my face. In high school I was the 'buddy', and anyone I liked my friend inevitably dated. In college I lost weight, and when I was close to my smallest weight (I was 5'4" and around 175 at the time, my smallest was 165) I travelled 10 hours with my parents to visit my grandparents and upon finally getting there and sitting down at the dinner table, my grandmother asked me "so are you pregnant or just fat?"

Fat's a relative term, but I guess you could say people had an interesting way of telling and showing me just how darn attractive I really was. Ha.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    I went to a private school until 9th grade. I then started HS at the local public school. I never had any problems or comments before then. I remember that one of my good friends in HS had a completely flat stomach. I didn't have a flat stomach but I wasn't fat by any means. I wore a size 6. Her nasty boyfriend called across the lunch room, "Hey, Pot! Hey, Pot Belly!" I had NO IDEA he was talking to me! I could have died!

Then many years later, I started dating a guy who was not thin by any means. We were riding in a smaller car with a friend of his. I was in the backseat and they were up front. We were going over some speed bumps in parking lot and my BF looks over at his friend and says, "I'm not sure we can make it over this speedbump coming up with all that weight in the back." I was 150 lbs wearing a size 10.

He wasn't my BF much longer after that. It hurt and still does.
  • Carstell
    Options
    Every time I see my mother!
  • pecanpiej
    Options
    Remember, when people say mean things to you, they are not really talking about you, they are telling you about themselves. Never ever waste your time on earth with people who are willing to step on your neck to raise their own self-esteem. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have lived a long life and have never met an ugly or unattractive person. I have seen people say and do ugly things. It is best to ask God to bless them and move on.