ever been told you werent good looking?

Options

Replies

• MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yep. In 8th grade we had a project to do in front of the class and everyone got sheets of paper to go with every presentation that said:

strengths:
    improvements:

A kid in my class under improvements for mine wrote 'plastic surgery'.

Not the best feeling and obviously it still affects me since I remember it 7 years later..
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I always wondered how it feels for someone who is cast in a film/TV show as the ugly/fat/unattractive person. Do you think deep down it bothers them that this is how the world see them?
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    OMG! I can't even imagine that. I think You have a beautiful face and smile.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    My ex decided to tell me every day how fat and unattractive i was and when i finally had enough of him and left his response cut me really deep.. which is why i'm here..

He said "i thought dropping my standards and going for a nice girl rather then a pretty one would mean i won't get hurt"

That hurt.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    once when I was 16 a guy came up to me in school and said "you're an ugly *****" I was shocked it came out of nowhere. I cried the rest of the day.

That afternoon in Chemistry he came up to me and apologized and said someone bet him a $1 to say it to someone, anyone. And he picked me because he didn't think it would bother me. WOW REALLY Thanks.

Later that year he shot his best friend in a game of russian roulette. He was sent to prison for 10 years. We all suffer from peoples bad choices.

I know i'm not the hottes Babe on the planet, but I also know now that I am not an ugly *****, I'm a mean one, but not ugly. HA :laugh:

Oh but here I am at 35 years old now and still remember it plain as day.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    well All through High school I was called Sasquatch and other mean names,
    When I lived in Saskatoon, I got hit on alot by older men But anyone my own age, wouldn't approach me and call me names,
    Then I got weird men who would come up to me and insult me tellling me I'm ugly and must be a slut, Follow me as I walked away and kept telling me how no one will love me til I cried then try to hug me. Those ones weird ed me out
  • gabbingfilly
    gabbingfilly Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My mother used to call me a "cow" and one kid in particular during highschool called me "nema-toad" (my maiden name was Nemechek) It hurts a lot, but it has helped me want to make a change. My mother doesn't say things anymore, but I would love to go to a class reunion as a different person and show that one guy that he was wrong.
  • The first time I ever remember being called fat was in year 5. My (overweight) teacher told me "you are getting fat, maybe you should start exercising more like Melissa (a pretty skinny girl in my class)" ... Take into consideration I was like the only girl in my class with boobs and Obviously that made me look a lot bigger than the other girls - looking back on those pictures of myself back then, I cannot see the little "fat" girl who cried at home because her teacher called her fat - so it must be true!

Also all my boyfriends from year 5 - 10 went out with me, got what they wanted - usually boob touching - then left because "someone prettier asked me out" OR I caught them kissing someone prettier!!! =S

It was pretty hard in a class of 10 students NOT to feel like the ugly one.

Year 11 was even worse! I had just moved to a new school and DAY 1 a kid said to me "do you have big boobs ONLY because you're fat?" And the same guy said "MMMMmmmooooooooooooooooooooo" every time I spoke in class or every time he saw me.

I hated year 11 -.-

But now I'm slowly starting to feel better about myself =D Thanks to my lovely family and friends and AMAZING Hubby-to-be =D
  • princesspeach577
    princesspeach577 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I saw a quote once that said, "Whenever someone calls me ugly, I get super sad and hug them because I know how tough life is for the visually impaired." haha. I think that's a great attitude to have :)
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    to horrorchix89- you may have taken a lot of preparation for this photo but you are absolutely beautiful. Your face is so bright and full of life ! As another pal said noone is ugly there is someone for everyone. If you aren't one person's cup of tea than you are the next one's. Don't surround yourself with people that make you feel bad about yourself

14542488.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    A face only a mother could love.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Not to my face. Could care less anyway. Know I am not good looking.

Actually got into an argument over it this past summer with my wife, Jan. She insists that her sisters and friends find me so attractive. I know that the reason they like me is because of the way they see me treat her and told her so. I conceded that there is a faction of women that might find me attractive because they are into a certain biker look or like bald headed men or whatever, but I am not what is considered mainstream good looking. She wouldn't let it go. We went back and forth for about 20 minutes, until my daughter, Holland, finally said, "Enough already! Dad just tell her your good looking and let it go."

Me: "Every woman in North America wants me."

Holland: "And half the men."

Jan left the room, p*ssed.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    My best friend (from grade school) called me a fat, ugly outcast. I never forgot it.

My most recent ex, who cheated on me (and is now engaged to the girl, less than a year later) denied our 7mo relationship because I'm "not date-able" and I don't have the kind of body that he would ever be with.
  • PaLawDog
    Options
    everyone has their own opinion of what is good looking and what isnt. Ive never been told that but if i was i wouldnt take it to heart.

I know im cute my mom tells me all the time :) haha
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    My friend and cousins didn't put me in the ugly friend zone, it's just when guys would hit on them and I'd be stuck to the side holding the bags while they flirted.

This is my life. But I have to say that you are so pretty!!

This is also the story of my life except with my sister, and friends , I have never had anyone flirt with me if my sister is around or if im with a friend (but im happily married now so it dont bother me any more)
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I've been told I wasn't good looking since we all had to watch that horrible video about the chances in our body. Purberty is a horrible thing. I'm still getting the "ugly girl" looks from people.

I was hanging out with one of my chick friends and her sister and realized I'M THE UGLY FRIEND! Same thing happened when I was a little younger and with my cousins. I was the ugly duckling of the group :( Guys say I'm "hot" just to see how far I would go. I just laugh and tell them "yeah I'm more like luke warm"

I'm sad now all over again
    WHAT?
    YOU MY DEAR ARE NOT uGLY BY ANY MEANS OF THE WORD! YOU have a wonderful smile and you look very cute to me.. dont even think they are right for one second.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Yes, and everyone who knows me on here knows who said it. :(
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I get told I am not good looking almost everyday. Granted it's almost always myself telling me this, but I'm always right!
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    yep i remember a boy in middle school was so mean to me, said i was the ugliest girl in the whole school...never forgot that.
  • Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    yes, and the sad part is I was attached to this person for a few years. I believed it for some time however I overcame that part of my life. It doesn't bother me if anyone thinks I'm "ugly" what matters is that I think I'm just fine.