ever been told you werent good looking?

Options

Replies

• mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    My ex decided to tell me every day how fat and unattractive i was and when i finally had enough of him and left his response cut me really deep.. which is why i'm here..

He said "i thought dropping my standards and going for a nice girl rather then a pretty one would mean i won't get hurt"

That hurt.

Ya can I have his address so I can punch him for you???

Ha he's not worth it.

I realise now that the only reason he said these things was so that i felt too insecure to leave him.. he bullied me into believing that i wasn't good enough for anyone and that i had to stay with him or die alone.. its a pathetic tactic and i am so glad i got away from him while i could.
  • Sianarella
    Options
    Oh I’ve been told I’m the grenade of the group.
    I used to hang out with a group of people who always made snide comments but it wasn’t until we fell out over something else that I realised how damaging they had been to my self esteem. So I’m glad I don’t see them anymore.
    My ex used to always say I was ugly and fat and if I didn’t have him I wouldn’t have anyone.
    Part of me really wants to loose weight to show people that under all of this there is someone pretty inside.
  • janessac
    Options
    My dbag ex tried to say that I "wasn't hot anymore" as an excuse for cheating...3 times! :grumble: And he wasn't exactly prime material himself :noway: Anyway it didn't do anything for me in terms of motivation because at the time I was only 130lbs so I wasn't entirely sure what the insult meant lol. My nasty 'friend' once commented that she was so glad she had such a nice "ugly friend" when we were getting ready to go out :frown:

Edit: funny enough I haven't had any insults since I gained weight :laugh:
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    i used to get called oliver hardy when i was big, putting people down only adds to there problems. :mad:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    My ex husband told me that....then when he say me after I lost 80+ lbs his eyes almost popped out of his head..

But he is an ex for a reason
  • katloaf
    katloaf Posts: 26
    Options
    yes, frequently when growing up - now if I walk past people in the street, I'm convinced they are all laughing at this hideous looking woman. I've never had anyone other than my husband tell me I'm beautiful.

I still have awful self-esteem and zero confidence, but hope to change that one day. My husband and kids tell me I'm beautiful every day <3
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    My ex husband told me that....then when he say me after I lost 80+ lbs his eyes almost popped out of his head..

But he is an ex for a reason

serves him right lol.

When i was 17 stone i was on holiday in dom republic and my ex cheated on me, my self esteem was the lowest ever and my catalyst for me getting my bum in gear and losing weight.

I'd love her to bump into me now or maybe have seen me on Hollyoaks on a tv commercail athough she prob wouldn't recognise me now lol
  • BlackmetalCoffee79
    BlackmetalCoffee79 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I personally don't find myself as very attractive at all, but i can't remember really ever being told i wasn't. Maybe back in high school or something, but i don't recall.
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    I have been barked at, called a dog, guys would loudly pretend to ask me out and then laugh amongst themselves...um, a family member opened my bedroom door without knocking one day while I was getting dressed and when he closed the door said " I thought I saw a walrus"...to the other people in the house. Needless to say it was difficult to come out of that room without feeling humiliated.
    My favorite are the "friends" who feel it would be a good idea to tell you all of the awful things others say about you.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    I was told I was ugly once....but as a kid I was mostly made fun of for being fat.
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Judging by your photo, she needs glasses. You are HOT!!!!

Yep, been told i wasn't good looking before, but who cares? They were as ugly as a bulldog chewing a wasp
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    This probably sounds so conceited or maybe I shouldn't even post this, but no I've never been told I wasn't good looking.

Same here.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    I have been barked at, called a dog, guys would loudly pretend to ask me out and then laugh amongst themselves...um, a family member opened my bedroom door without knocking one day while I was getting dressed and when he closed the door said " I thought I saw a walrus"...to the other people in the house. Needless to say it was difficult to come out of that room without feeling humiliated.
    My favorite are the "friends" who feel it would be a good idea to tell you all of the awful things others say about you.

That has to be the most horrible thing i ever heard....((hugs))
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I guess the only time I've been flat out told I'm ugly or whatever was in middle school...and I mean...it was middle school. Everybody's a d!ck in middle school.
  • Vench
    Vench Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Quite often, but I've accepted a while ago that I'm fugnasty.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Ive never been told I wasnt good looking.

I do get the occasional you gotta pretty face (That whole "you gotta pretty face for a big girl" comment)

Never that i wasnt good looking tho...
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I have been told I wasn't good looking and it hurt a lot. I look back and realize that it was their lack of confidence that caused them to put me down but at the time I was really upset.

I have definitely gotten more confidence since starting MFP but still have a long way to go before I will be able to just blow off someone saying I am gross.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

That has to be the most horrible thing i ever heard....((hugs))

Or when you have those friends that talk about how "ugly" other friends are...
    Kinda makes you wonder what they say about you.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have been told plenty of times in my life that I was ugly....Picked on ALOT during my middle school years. I was the type of girl that they would tell me they liked me and then go laugh with their friends because they thought it was funny to play a joke like that on someone and get their hopes up. I used to be told that I had a huge forehead!..... It sucked
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yes... All the time in school.... Didn't date anyone until I was 17 and wound up with a REAL winner :grumble: Then I found my husband when I was 18 and he was the only one who EVER told me I was pretty..