ever been told you werent good looking?

Options

Replies

• laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I don't think those words were actually ever said to my face but I have been made to feel very unattractive. I've been cheated on which made me feel very unattractive. It took years to feel better about myself and a divorce.
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    I was told I was ugly so much that I hated my face. I was also told I had the best personality and was the funniest and sweetest.
    It amazes me the guys who said I was ugly or plain were in a hurry to get in my pants tho, if I am so ugly how could you? So figured out they were stupid.
    One of these guys who said "Your nothing special, in fact your not good looking to me at all" recently divorced from his wife and saw how much weight I lost and was like "You were always so hot" :noway: :grumble: :frown:

I told him about my boyfriend and showed him a pic and he said "Yuck a redhead" GURRRRRR F HIM!! I LOVE REDHEADS:heart::love: And Andy is SUPER HOT!!!!:love:

This sounds like sour grapes to me. I would take his bashing of your awesome redhead as the best, most obvious show of jealousy. It is cruel, yes. But that guy sounds like he is cruel.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Of course I have. Looks are subjective. What one person finds beautiful another may not. I'm not going to waste energy being offended or insulted because I'm not someone's cup of tea.

Some folks like blue, some like red. Neither one is any better or worse than the other.

And for the most part, if anyone actually goes out of their way to TELL someone they're ugly or whatever, that says a lot more about the person saying it than the person they're saying it about.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    I've been told by a few that I wasn't their "cup of tea" and that's fine with me. You can't please everybody's tastes buds :laugh:

I was actually a lot thinner when I was told that so it wouldn't shock me if they'd reiterate the same feelings for me now :tongue:
  • shosko10
    shosko10 Posts: 5
    Options
    wasn't exactly told that. I was told "ya know your cute now, but if you would lose some weight you would be HOT!" Don't care what other people think, losing for me and my health not to be HOT for a dumb a**!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have been called fat but never really ugly except by a moron that called me a HAGETTA?????
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I don't think those words were actually ever said to my face but I have been made to feel very unattractive. I've been cheated on which made me feel very unattractive. It took years to feel better about myself and a divorce.
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I once got told by a total stranger at about 11 at night that I looked "f**kin' downs syndrome". That was a low and I got totally batsh1t crazy angry and drank stupid amounts of beer.

Also I'm a redhead so random shouts of "ginger" cleverly rhymed with 'minger' are par for the course.

I also had one guy on facebook say he didn't find me attractive, but would I sleep with him anyway as he wanted to add redhead to his tally.

It's weird. Usually I don't really care because it is just cliche and therefore tedious and impersonal. But anything not cliche cuts, and everything else just grinds you down.
    I have noticed that if you just power-walk everywhere and stand up straight you don't come up as a target on most strangers' radar. And thankfully, London is usually highly impersonal so you're fine until you have the confidence to go flaunt it.
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a "two-face", which I acknowledge. But I didn't appreciate it when an ex-boyfriend told me that sometimes I look like a model, and sometimes "eeeeagh". Jerk, lol.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've been called ugly before, but mostly I just never really got complimented for my looks. I always got "you're so funny" or "you're so smart", so I tend to get more offended or hurt when people call me stupid than if people call me ugly. :laugh:

Same as above. I remember when I was maybe 11/12 a neighborhood kid my sisters and I played with had a cousin or some sort of relative of theirs over. For some reason he came right up to me face to face looked at me for a second then said " Damn you are ugly" then ran away to continue with whatever game we had been playing.

And I have 4 younger sisters that always got all the attention of the guys. My senior year of high school I had trouble finding a date for prom. My best friend and sister thought it would be funny to make a sign for me asking for a date. Well no one asked me to go, but my friend got a date out of it. Basically the guy was like "I'm not into her but I'll go with you".

And to this day I don't believe my fiance when he tells me he thinks I'm beautiful. Most days I still see the braces/glasses/breakouts/inbetweenlooks of most of my middle/high school days, now without the actual braces just bad teeth and the sleep deprived mom look.
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I always got "but you have such a pretty face.." which is another way of saying "shame about the body!" which I think is the worst 'compliment' anybody can possibly give!!

I have heard this one my whole life and once a guy nicknamed me "watermelon" that did me a lot of good I tell you.\
    Rebecca
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I was always the fat friend - to make all my skinny friends look better. I have also heard the but you have such a pretty face, its a shame you are so heavy.

I had one guy tell me once the only way he would date me is if he could cover me in a burlap sack. REALLY????

I did my weight loss for me, screw everyone else. If you dont like me for me then go suck a pine cone. I grew up and out of the I care what everyone thinks of me stage - THANK GAWD!!!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    a lot of really sad stories here! =(
  • billyverret
    Options
    Whatever some one "called" or "labeled" you was more a reflection of their own short comings and insecurities. YOU are how YOU feel. Some of the ugliest people I know have some of the most attractive exteriors...then you get to know them and your whole perspective towards them will change. I have earned a few "labels" in may day, and wear them like badges of honor!!
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    I once got told by a total stranger at about 11 at night that I looked "f**kin' downs syndrome". That was a low and I got totally batsh1t crazy angry and drank stupid amounts of beer.

Also I'm a redhead so random shouts of "ginger" cleverly rhymed with 'minger' are par for the course.

I also had one guy on facebook say he didn't find me attractive, but would I sleep with him anyway as he wanted to add redhead to his tally.

It's weird. Usually I don't really care because it is just cliche and therefore tedious and impersonal. But anything not cliche cuts, and everything else just grinds you down.
    I have noticed that if you just power-walk everywhere and stand up straight you don't come up as a target on most strangers' radar. And thankfully, London is usually highly impersonal so you're fine until you have the confidence to go flaunt it.

Every time I hear someone say the the word "ginger" I also hear "Im an uninventive idiot."
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    Whatever some one "called" or "labeled" you was more a reflection of their own short comings and insecurities. YOU are how YOU feel. Some of the ugliest people I know have some of the most attractive exteriors...then you get to know them and your whole perspective towards them will change. I have earned a few "labels" in may day, and wear them like badges of honor!!

Well said. :)
  • juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    I've gotten called fat and ugly in high school.

Then I saw some chick at my gym who used to call me fat all the time and she's now 200+ pounds.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I've gotten called fat and ugly in high school.

Then I saw some chick at my gym who used to call me fat all the time and she's now 200+ pounds.

Best revenge!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I've been told I wasn't good looking, but when younger I was made fun of for bushy eyebrows or bad hair. No one has said anything to my face. They would probably make more comments about my weight than anything...
  • elysianashes
    Options
    Got told that a lot even when I was skinny, mostly by my now-ex-husband but also by complete strangers. I remember when I was about 16 I went to a wedding and there was a cute guy there that I wanted to dance with. The bride's 10-year-old cousin called him over before I could stop her, and asked him if he would dance with me. He looked me up and down and said, "Uh... no," and walked off. Pretty much the reaction I got from most guys, even when I got older.

My husband now tells me I'm beautiful, but I have a hard time believing him because I know it's mostly just love talking. He says he's the only person whose opinion should matter, and honestly he's right, but it still stings to know that nobody ever looks at me the way they look at "hot girls". Isn't that silly? It's not like I chose my looks. It shouldn't bother me, but it does. That's part of why I never bothered to lose weight til now - a feeling that it wasn't like guys would give me the time of day even if I was skinny, so why even try. Now that I've found other reasons, it makes it worthwhile.