ever been told you werent good looking?

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Yes it was my brothers friend. Given it was at the awkward age of 13 but it was extremely hurtful and made me so insecure!
  • harribo_mum
    Options
    I've been told I'm ugly on numerous occasions so now when people say my kids look like me I feel bad as I don't want them too.
  • humblebumblebee
    Options
    like 100 times every single day of jr high.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Yeap I was, and I actually thought so myself,

But now I really don't care what others think, because I am loving myself more and more :-)
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The "You're ugly" comment that hurt the most happened when I was an adult. It came form a "close friend" -- someone I trusted completely at the time. I shouldn't have let it bother me, but it left my self-image in shambles. He said it with such complete sincerity and conviction.

My stomach is churning just thinking back on that moment.
  • kristi012173
    Options
    My ex-husband once told me after catching him cheating, that the reason was because he finally wanted a "beauty queen", so I guess he didnt say I was ugly in so many words, but.....LOL
  • anna1287
    anna1287 Posts: 9
    Options
    I've never been told in those words, but I was once told I am "handsome", which was a terrible insult.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Honestly no - that would hurt :(
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I was never expressly told I was ugly, but my aunt nicknamed me "bubble butt" when I was young, and I grew up thinking I was fat when I really wasn't.