I HATE TOM BRADY AND THE PATS

Options
167891012»

Replies

• lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I wonder what the criteria are. Let's all remember it was in Philadelphia where they booed Santa, so.....
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses, but a big :P from flyover country. Boston or New York, you pretty much get the same reaction from me. Whenever a championship in ANY sport is NY vs Boston you'd think the entire world was stopping. Even when the Yankees and the Red Sox play each other in the regular season they nationally televise all the games, as though every other region of the country cared as much about the rivalry as much as those who live there. Don't get me wrong. If you're from there, love and support your team. Be a die-hard. But Sportscenter, honestly....there's a whole bunch of us over here in the middle WHO DON'T CARE about Boston vs New York. That said, this is the Super Bowl so of course it's going to be great. :)

I can see how others not involved in this rivalry don't care. I disliked the Yankees primarily because I felt they bought their championships (no salary cap in baseball) and now the Red Sox are pretty much doing the same thing. This is why I'm not a huge baseball fan. The team with the biggest pockets usually wins and the players whine about not making more millions when they play a fun game with little injuries for a living - in nice weather too. Now football I love :heart: rain, snow, salary caps, may the best team win!
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Yeah, better revenue sharing/salary caps would completely change baseball, and probably for the better. The NFL rakes it in because they've created an environment where there's more parity but still a great advantage to a team who manages itself wisely. I love baseball but they need to start realizing that they are in competition with other major league sports and act accordingly!
  • Incredible_shrinking_woman
    Options
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS !!!!! AND I'M SURE THERE IS ALOT MORE PEOPLE ON MFP WHO LIKE NEW ENGLAND ALSO. We'll see who the " real " champs are on Super Bowl day :)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I SOOOOO agree with this. I moved to the Boston area about 4 years ago and because the fans in this area I HATE the Patriots. When they won on Sunday I actually felt sick! I knew the next day that is all I would hear about on the radio, TV, and around the office. I can't stand it! I really don't have a favorite team and I really could care less about who wins but PLEASE dont let the Patriots win the SUPER BOWL. People in this area are big headed enough! :grumble:

This is sad, honestly.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Big Pittsburgh Steelers fan here. Remove the arrogant cheating coach from the Patriots, and I really wouldn't have a problem with them. As long as he is there, I will root against them. I certainly don't cheer for Tom Brady, but I do respect his talent. Undoubtedly the best QB in the NFL right now.

Although I didn't hear it much this season, many in the local sports media would moan & groan in prior years how our QB should be considered in the same elite class as Brady. I thought my head was going to explode every time I heard it. Is Ben Rapistburger fun to watch sometimes? Yes. Is he difficult to watch sometimes? YES!

Even when he is healthy, he struggles with the deep pass and hitting receivers in stride. His insistence on playing a sandlot game gets him hurt, costs us games, and since the Offensive Coordinator had no control over him it cost him his job. Thank you Mr. Rooney for that one!

Go Giants!!!