I HATE TOM BRADY AND THE PATS

Options

Replies

• SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I have more of a major dislike for Eli Manning than Tom Brady these days. I think it's because Eli can never be Peyton. I :heart: Peyton Manning.

Oh and I also can't stand that Eli looks like a mouth breather. YUCK. He always has this stupid look on his face. :grumble:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I have more of a major dislike for Eli Manning than Tom Brady these days. I think it's because Eli can never be Peyton. I :heart: Peyton Manning.

Oh and I also can't stand that Eli looks like a mouth breather. YUCK. He always has this stupid look on his face. :grumble:

I used to hate Peyton because of how he acted when things went bad... but then he did those ridiculous commercials and I thought they were funny. I feel aweful his career may be over. I dislike Eli and the Giants in general for obvious reasons but they are WAY better than the J-E-T-S Jets!!! :sick:
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    GO YANKEES.

*exists quietly*

:ohwell:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I am a NYer who is a Greenbay fan. It's been a rough week.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Boston fans are arrogant. 'Cause we win EVERYTHING!

Well, except for the World Series. We won that! #STLCardinals I'm hoping for a St. Louis Blues/Boston Bruins Stanley Cup this year. I would love nothing more than to avenge our Cup Final loss to the Bruins in 1970. If we can get through the West, we should win the whole thing. We own the Eastern Conference. #STLBlues

And the NBA Championship.. the Mavs took that!
  • TMcBooty
    Options
    Yeah people take things way to far. I myself have and will never yell things to someone because they are wearing a team that I do not like. Thats just dumb. Everyone has the right to root for whoever they want. Its just crazy to see how angry people get when they see another person wearing a team that isn't the home team. Just nuts

we get crap all the time living in Baltimore and liking the Yankees. People get so mad over sports. I think it's hilarious!
  • TMcBooty
    Options
    hahaha........Boston fans are that way. I think you guys made us loud jerks so we can stop hearing about how Boston finally decided to have a team and win some games LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I grew up in MA. GO PATS - GO SOX!!
  • KimmieBrie
    Options
    Yeah people take things way to far. I myself have and will never yell things to someone because they are wearing a team that I do not like. Thats just dumb. Everyone has the right to root for whoever they want. Its just crazy to see how angry people get when they see another person wearing a team that isn't the home team. Just nuts

we get crap all the time living in Baltimore and liking the Yankees. People get so mad over sports. I think it's hilarious!

Baltimore doesn't like us either... Because the Yankee and Red Sox fans come and invade Baltimore for the games... but if they had a better fan base - fans who actually filled the stadium - this wouldn't happen. Me thinks they are just bitter....
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Boston fans are arrogant. 'Cause we win EVERYTHING!

I thought we were taking football??? When did Boston get a football team?

The question really is when did NY get a football team, last time I checked they played their games in New Jersey
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    P.S. I'd LOVE a rematch this year against the Giants!

there was a re-match. how'd that go?

ooooooooh, too soon??

Too Soon? Not at all. We're in the playoffs too! We'll see what happens this weekend for both NY and for NE. I will give credit where credit is due and if we got beat, we got beat. But I have confidence in my team. Our defense is improving at the perfect time. They played great last weekend!

The Ravens are a good team and we'll see what happens from there. And same for you guys, the 49er's are also a good team as well as NY. It's the playoffs...it's one game at a time...and it's all about who shows up on game day!!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am from Buffalo and love my Bills and Sabres so by default...anything out of Boston or NYC is not well liked! Especially the Patriots and Tom Brady, who is just flat out a horrible person. In fact, when the Giants (who Bills fans dislike greatly too) defeated the Pats you would have thought the BIlls won with how insanely thrilled we were here in Buffalo! Here is my take on the obnoxious fans: every city has them, including Buffalo. By human nature we default to stereotyping by the negative actions more so than the positive actions. (yes, my job is in psychology) Majority of sports fans from cities are actually pretty decent, fun people that just enjoy watching the game. Its those few nasty ones that give each city a bad rep. But I truly never want to see the Patriots win another Super Bowl. EVER.

I should add that I hate the Yankees and Red Sox equally in baseball. Its all about the Indians! (We were their farm team for quite some time, I have to stick with my Buffalo roots for everything!)

Sorry to hear that you are from Buffalo! LOL

I was at that game this year in Buffalo, even though the Pats lost it was a very fun time. and there was alot of excitement about the Bills that day! We were heckled, but not too bad, I heard alot of Bills fans saying they were not going to work on Monday!

I'm sorry to hear that you are NOT from Buffalo :-) I love, love, love it here! Our teams not winning is part of the fun and wonderfulness of Buffalo now. And yes, our city itself is not exciting always but that's not our fault...definitely the state's fault and horrible urban development mistakes in the past. Hopefully the $1 billion grant we are promised can really help bring the city where it deserves to be!

That day was pretty damn exciting for us! Its been a long time coming and despite the downturn in the season this team can say they brought something to Buffalo!
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I just need to add

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TUCK RULE!

I despise Tom Brady and I am soooo praying for a rematch between the Giants and the Pats on feb 5 so the Giants can destroy them again!
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You can go to NYC with any team and you wont here anything. In Boston you walk around with a NY hat and fans here feel like they have to cus at you and say nasty things to you.

So who's with me!! I HATE THE PATRIOTS AND I HOPE TOM BRADY BREAKS A LEG

P.S. This is so nooooot true. People from NY are some of the most outspoken and arrogant ones about sports. Like neighbor who just moved from NY to here a couple years ago. With his huge blanket he somehow pinned to the back of his jeep seats, huge gold NY yankees chain that almost blinds you and all his other gear that's too long of a list to count and always tries to pick a fight with my husband over sports. I think we could all agree that fans of every team can be pretty rude but by far does not represent the team as a whole.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Baltimore doesn't like us either... Because the Yankee and Red Sox fans come and invade Baltimore for the games... but if they had a better fan base - fans who actually filled the stadium - this wouldn't happen. Me thinks they are just bitter....

It is INSANE that it is cheaper for a Boston fan to buy plane tickets to BWI, game tickets, food, etc., and it's still cheaper than a game at Fenway. And better seats!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Im a New Yorker living in NE. Since I have lived up here I have grown to absolutely hate the Patriots and Tom Brady . I seriously hope he gets run over by a MTA bus.

BTW I think what made me hate them so much is the arrogance of Boston fans. You can go to NYC with any team and you wont here anything. In Boston you walk around with a NY hat and fans here feel like they have to cus at you and say nasty things to you. Well except for the last guy who said something to me......he def learned his lesson to not bad mouth someone he doesn't know ...LOL

Most of us fans of Boston sports teams are passionate. There are a bunch that are crazed and there are a few that are ignorant and obnoxious. Please tell me where in the US it is different? NY? Please! Miami? Have you ever watched a game in a bar in Miami? Pitt? Philly? Oakland (please don't shoot)?

True fans appreciate the game itself and support their team in the process. Stop generalizing.

I don't like Eli but I don't wish bad things on him and I still respect how he is playing.

Just a game, not personal!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I just need to add

I despise Tom Brady and I am soooo praying for a rematch between the Giants and the Pats on feb 5 so the Giants can destroy them again!

Then you need to read the rule. It was called correctly in accordance with the rule. It is a dumb rule, I have no problem admitting that but it is still a rule and they got it right.
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Here! Here!
  • KimmieBrie
    Options
    Im a New Yorker living in NE. Since I have lived up here I have grown to absolutely hate the Patriots and Tom Brady . I seriously hope he gets run over by a MTA bus.

BTW I think what made me hate them so much is the arrogance of Boston fans. You can go to NYC with any team and you wont here anything. In Boston you walk around with a NY hat and fans here feel like they have to cus at you and say nasty things to you. Well except for the last guy who said something to me......he def learned his lesson to not bad mouth someone he doesn't know ...LOL

Most of us fans of Boston sports teams are passionate. There are a bunch that are crazed and there are a few that are ignorant and obnoxious. Please tell me where in the US it is different? NY? Please! Miami? Have you ever watched a game in a bar in Miami? Pitt? Philly? Oakland (please don't shoot)?

True fans appreciate the game itself and support their team in the process. Stop generalizing.

I don't like Eli but I don't wish bad things on him and I still respect how he is playing.

Just a game, not personal!

I have been to games in NY and Miami and Baltimore and - Both NY and Miami had fist fights break out. Baltimore the men in my aisle were outright rude for no reason except I'm a Pats fan and they were dbags. Just them though, everyone else around us was cool.

I've been to games every year at Gillette and never once seen a fist fight. We were also extremely kind to opposing fans who sat near us. I remember how downtrodden some Tennessee visitors looked in that playoff game. I felt their pain so I was kind. I think we're pretty tame - at football games anyway. Hockey games well... that can be just embarrassing.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I just need to add

Then you need to read the rule. It was called correctly in accordance with the rule. It is a dumb rule, I have no problem admitting that but it is still a rule and they got it right.

Its a crap rule and a tuck rule is just a fumble! Oakland totally deserved to go to win that game and the sb that year!