Negative Comments on the Boards

Options
123457»

Replies

• cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think there are far less negative comments on the boards then there are misunderstandings, miscomprehension, and miscommunication. Wittgenstein was right to believe that clarity in language could solve any arguments.

Admittedly some posters are flat out rude. Then you have to ask yourself "why is or should this person's opinion be of any importance to me?" The answer is invariably is "It isn't"

Emotional robustness is an essential quality to progress in real life. Use forums as training wheels to practice if you need to...

You write the most thoughtful, rational comments.

Beautiful!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have tough skin and take most things with a grain of salt....
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

AND

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

(that includes references to popcorn etc)

If you see posts that are not giving constructive criticism in a polite manner REPORT...do NOT get into a slanging match. A moderator will pick up the report and act as he/she feels is appropriate.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.