How do you stop from snacking at night?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I close out my diary when I put the kids to bed and add my evening tea at that time. If I know I'm going to have a snack and have alloted points for it I also add it but most nights I don't snack at that point. The cup of tea helps to fill me up and I go to bed shortly after that so I am not still up eating.
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I snack on things are "free" foods like celery (no peanut butter or cream cheese), carrots, cuccumbers, etc. Or if I've allowed for some extra calories, I will eat a Slim Fast 200 calorie bar or 1-2 100 calorie snack packs.

Just curious..how are carrots/celery/and cucumbers "free" foods...all contain some calories.

She may be referring to a Weight Watchers diet. On WW, all fresh fruits and most veggies are 0 points to encourage people to eat more of them instead of the low calorie but heavily processed foods, like snack packs.
  • GigiBee824
    GigiBee824 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I will drink a big glass of water first and wait about 15 minutes. If I still feel hungry, a hard-boiled egg with sea salt satisfies me. Then I brush and floss and close out my day.
  • kristinhills90
    kristinhills90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't stop myself from snacking at night. I just make sure to save enough calories so I can. Most nights my snack is a honeycrisp apple + crunchy peanut butter. I look forward to it all day. Other days it's 3/4 cup of sunflower seeds, which doesn't really help if I am hungry but since they are shelled it takes a long time to eat 3/4 of a cup so it seems like I'm eating for hours!
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Drink some yummy hot herbal tea and then BRUSH your teeth, Floss and Rinse with mouthwash. You don't wanna mess up your nice clean mouth and things never taste good after brushing your teeth. Besides, you aren't supposed to eat anything for 30 minutes after using a floride rinse, so that helps too!!!