What should I do with won ton wrappers?

Options

Replies

• okiegal82
    okiegal82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone has mentioned this. I use won ton wrappers and also those HUGE shells for this. I just mix fresh spinach and ricotta (or cottage cheese-depends what I have) together and put it in the wrappers. I cook for a couple of minutes and then add fresh tomato sauce. When you do the shells I cook them in the oven in a dish with sauce already on them. So YUM!:love:
  • shaners1004
    shaners1004 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love wonton wrappers for dessert..
    I place two wrappers in a muffin cup cook for 3/5 minutes
    take out let cool and then place vanilla greek yogurt and top with whatever fresh fruit you like! It is delicious :)
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • brie727
    brie727 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My recipe: (Vegetarian)

Cut up butternut squash in 1/2 inch cubes... coat gently with olive oil, salt and pepper and cumin.... roast 450 (convection, if you have it) for 15-25 min (depending on oven and other factors), flipping half way through... roast until caramelized.

Fill wonton or egg roll wrappers with roasted, caramelized butternut squash, black beans (rinsed), sauteed shallots, corn and a tiny but of cheese (sharp cheddar or Parmagiano reggiano).... wet corners of wrap and put another wrap on top to make a ravioli.

Put ravioli squares on parchment paper or sprayed baking sheet . Coat with Olive Oil spray, salt and pepper and bake in oven for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.

While baking, make a dipping sauce - combine nonfat plain greek yogurt with drained jarred roasted red peppers in food processor. This is a great low cal high protein dip for anything, really :)
    If you don't like roasted red peppers, you can use avocado, instead... higher fat but good fat for sure :)

Enjoy!
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    24 Wonton Wrappers
    1 Cup of Fat Free Cottage Cheese
    1 Package of Sugar Free Cheesecake flavored pudding mix
    1/2 Cup Blueberries

Directions: Press 24 wonton wrappers into mini muffin pans and bake at 350 degrees until wrappers are slightly browned. Remove from oven and cool wrappers. Purate cottage cheese in blender or food processor, add package of sugar free pudding mix, and stir together. Once wrappers are cooled, fill cottage cheese/pudding mixture into wrappers and top with fresh berry! SO YUMMY!! Tastes just like cheesecake!

Serves: 6 (4 per serving)
    Total Calories: 125 Carb=25g Prot=5.9g Fat=0.31g

YUM :):)
  • Loveslupins
    Loveslupins Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kinzie76244
    kinzie76244 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • kellyc3
    kellyc3 Posts: 95
    Options
    Bump
  • jlshaw77
    jlshaw77 Posts: 23
    Options
    bump ....

wish I had something to add
  • lissrn
    lissrn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I started using wonton wrappers a couple of weeks ago. I posted these pics over in the "What do your meals look like?" thread.

The first are Mexican Korean Reuben Wonton Wrapper Bites. Filling was chopped corned beef, kimchi, and shredded Mexican cheese blend. Dipping sauces were sriracha guacamole & sriracha mayo:

IMG_8773.jpg

And this was a pizza filling of turkey pepperoni, low-fat shredded mozzarella, and tomato sauce. Plus more sauce for dipping:

IMG_8822.jpg

All of these were baked at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. I used olive oil spray on the baking sheet and on top of the wrappers. Easy to make that my 8-year old helped with the pizza ones:

IMG_8816.jpg

Great way to get kids involved - he ate 13 of the pizza ones.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump...so yummy!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I need to get some won ton wrappers pronto!
  • denise4230
    denise4230 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • silverokami02
    silverokami02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've made some dessert apple wontons. I have it on my blog the entire recipe. :) It tastes really delicious. http://silverkitten04.wordpress.com/category/food/dessert/
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bump