Replies

• mimiislosingit
    mimiislosingit Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump!
  • awisegirl84
    awisegirl84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This might be kind of a dumb question but should the meat be cooked before you put it in the wrappers and bake or steam them?
  • pleytem
    pleytem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump for later! =D
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    look on foodnetwork.com under Giada-she fills them with Nutella and they are a delish treat

they are called Chocolate-Hazelnut Ravioli
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Never tried the wrappers, but with all of these ideas I will def be getting some on my next trip to the grocery store!:smile:
  • Jeliwood
    Jeliwood Posts: 61
    Options
    Last night I made oven fried mini turkey empandas with wonton wrappers.

I sauteed some onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil then browned the turkey with it. Then I mixed in some taco seasoning and cooked it up.

Then I filled them each with a teaspoon of the meat and a pinch of cheese. Then folded them, wetting the edges with a bit of water. In a 400 degree oven I put them on a cookie sheet lightly rubbed down with olive oil. I also each brushed each one with a bit of the oil as well. They cooked for about 15 minutes. Super easy. I imagine you could spice them up a lot more if you wanted. I dipped them in greek yogurt.

In all it made about 50 of them. A serving of 12 ended up being around 450 calories. Trust me, this stuffs you. They make good appetizers.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Lol I used mine to make won ton soup.
    It's really easy and they sell the soup base at the store.
    But I have heard of people making really tatsy deserts with apples and cinnamon in them!!
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump bump!!!
    Look at frosty skate...
    Bumpity bump bump bump!!!
    Doing a figure.... ...nine?
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    bump for later....

I have used them to make jalapeno poppers...and I bake them now instead of fry them.

I put a tsp or so of low fat cream cheese and a 1-2 slices f fresh jalapeno.
    350 degrees about 10 minutes or till golden but not burnt.

you can make a sweet cream cheese filling in it too, or add any kind of cheese you like.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Last night I made oven fried mini turkey empandas with wonton wrappers.

I sauteed some onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil then browned the turkey with it. Then I mixed in some taco seasoning and cooked it up.

Then I filled them each with a teaspoon of the meat and a pinch of cheese. Then folded them, wetting the edges with a bit of water. In a 400 degree oven I put them on a cookie sheet lightly rubbed down with olive oil. I also each brushed each one with a bit of the oil as well. They cooked for about 15 minutes. Super easy. I imagine you could spice them up a lot more if you wanted. I dipped them in greek yogurt.

In all it made about 50 of them. A serving of 12 ended up being around 450 calories. Trust me, this stuffs you. They make good appetizers.
    Mm... sounds great, glad you shared!:smile:
  • Royaltvii
    Options
    This might be kind of a dumb question but should the meat be cooked before you put it in the wrappers and bake or steam them?

Yes! Definitely:smile: .
  • Royaltvii
    Options
    Here is a question when you make any type of wonton do they hold well over night? I have never tried it but thought of bringing some to a potluck (making them the night before) the next day.
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bump so its on my list!
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Definitely bumping this!
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The Hungry Girl just this weekend had a show on this. I want to try this one! :drinker:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/2032
  • jenniferlmartinez
    jenniferlmartinez Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    taco eggrolls!! Take onion and green peppers dice them up cook in a lil oil until soft. Add veggie crumbles until heated add tsp of taco seasoning a lil water. stir. on the won ton wrapper have where its in a diamond shape and a little veggie crumbles top with a little cheese roll it up. brush with a lil oil and bake it at 400 for 12-14 minutes. top with lettuce, tomatoe,and lowfat sour cream
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Beaner82
    Beaner82 Posts: 2
    Options
    Bump