bumpers!!
  • bllecroy
    bllecroy Posts: 31
    Options
    Bump
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, they all look soo yummy and easy!
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    To OP, where did you get wonton wrappers? I've been looking for them for months and I cant find them anywhere!
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You can find them in the refrigerated health food section of grocery stores or at asian food stores.
  • genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    wow these are all amazing ideas! I put corn, beans and green onions with some spices in mine.
  • phil412
    phil412 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yum!!! bump!
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    These recipes sound yummy!!
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Just now I actually got some, and I think back to my classic pot stickers.

Take the wraper and stuff it with a nice mixture of seasoned chicken and veggies, and steam in a pan.

What I typically do is I buy about 5lbs of ground chicken (or turkey, which ever is cheaper)- I choose this over ground beef for flavor, not nessisarily calories in this case.
    Next a bag of coleslaw mix, generic- raw veggies, nothing on them. (Or you can be fancy and buy your own veggies, things like nappa cabbage, carrots, green onions are the best). I still add green onion actually to the mix, either way (or chives, if they're on sale/cheaper). Anyhow mix the coleslaw mix (or choped up veggies) with the ground chicken. Add soy sause (I perfer low sodium), and some rice wine vinager (about half a cup of the vinager, and about five to six on the soy tbs). Let the flavors marry for about an hour at the least.

Next is the judgement part on your end, depending on how big your wrappers are. But take a small dollop of the mixture into the wrapper, and then gently fold press them close- using water to activate the dough will help create a seal, so rub your wet finger tip on the edges of the wrapper to make it sticky, then fold press (I like the classic fan style: http://youtu.be/aE82VmqPYj4?t=2m12s)

Next take a large pan, get some oil warmed up (enough that it's about half a finger deep, not deep fat fry). Brown the bottom of the dumplings through this, about five or so minuets. Next. CAREFULLY pour water over the pan till the dumplings are fully submerged- bring the water to a soft boil, then cover with a lid, let them finish cooking (about ten or so minuets). Remove and plate, eat!
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options
    bump
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    http://www.emilybites.com/

This website has a ton of "cupcakes". The lasagna and buffalo chicken are so yummy.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Need some good ideas for what to put in won ton wrappers! I just picked some up tonight and I want to try a million different things with them! I have a few ideas up my sleeve... dollop of cream cheese, a bit of raspberry jam, and a jalapeno. Chicken, cheese, and hot sauce... Let's hear those ideas!!!

Perhaps some grated cheese and chopped veggies?
  • julzzz4
    julzzz4 Posts: 72
    Options
    :wink:
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I never buy won ton wrappers! I'm loving all these ideas.