SO who's had POSITIVE experiences with online dating sites?

Options

Replies

• WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have, I only went on a date with one person, and that is now the man I'm going to be marrying.

made me go 'aww' :) God bless!
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    I have done online dating for quite a long time, and had no BAD experiences. Lots of one time only dates, and a couple of decent relationships. Currently involved with someone that actually made me want to delete all of my accounts (that is a first)...so I'd say he's a keeper :) Even though the free sites do have more less than serious people, I don't think they are a bad option.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on one. We dated for 6 years and lived together for 5 of those years before tying the knot in October 2011.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I used them for years, yes there are a ton out there just looking for no Strings attached But then there are some serious ones looking for Love.
    I meet my Man using Findsomeone,ca before you had to pay to use it, In fact I meet a couple, I meet my second boyfriend there, 21 and with the most amazing russian accent, in fact he would speak straight russion for me because I found it amazing, Broke up cause he was suicidal. Then I meet my third boyfriend on there, It didn't last, I found him a bit whiney though I still randomly talk to him, he claims he loves me but still whines like a baby. Oy. fourth was a amazing women won't go into that, but she got dumped for my Honey. we've been together for 9 years now. He's amazing!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Well.. my boyfriend and I didn't meet on an online dating site, but we did meet on another social networking site (myyearbook.com).

We've been together for 2.5 years. :)

I will be honest - there are a lot of creeps and freaks out there, but let's face it ... they aren't just online! They are all over and you can meet them anywhere.

I never thought I would meet someone online, date them and now be living with them/planning our future together. But, it is definitely possible. :)

Same here but different site. It was a social network. I liked one of his pics and sent him a friend request, he then sent me a message. We haven't gone a single day without talking/texting all day since then. It's been about 6 months since our first date and I am completely in love with him. He'll be moving in when his spring semester is over and I can't wait!
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've got to say this really scares me. There are loads of horror stories! If my relationship breaks down I think I'd end up becoming a nun!
  • bherbie
    bherbie Posts: 11
    Options
    I actually dated three people off dating sites and the last one is the one i married. At first we were unsure of each other but took the time to get to know each other. Now neither of us wants to be without the other. As someone said before slow into a meeting and make sure its in public for first face to face. Maybe even if you can turn it into a double date for face to face so you have someone there to make you feel more comfortable.

Meet my wife on OKCupid
  • EggShel
    EggShel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance on EHarmony :) Like someone stated on here, you'll get a lot of responses from guys that you aren't interested in. But, be patient and the right guy will come along:) My fiance had a lot of experience with online dating; he tried match.com and some other ones but found EHarmony to be the best because in his opinion EHarmony seemed to ask more in depth questions. Good luck!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance on EHarmony :) Like someone stated on here, you'll get a lot of responses from guys that you aren't interested in. But, be patient and the right guy will come along:) My fiance had a lot of experience with online dating; he tried match.com and some other ones but found EHarmony to be the best because they ask more in depth questions apparently. Good luck!

eHarmony rejected me :frown:
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    never done online dating site however i met this guy on a chat and he introduced me to my hubby!!!
  • jocemorg
    jocemorg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Going on 13 months with the man I met online. :)
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I met my current boyfriend on plentyoffish, and we've been together for almost 2years now, with many more to come. :smooched:

I have to say that I did meet my fair share of creepy guys and received more 'genital' pics than I care to remember. :noway: :laugh:
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    I've had equal experience with Pleanty of Fish as Match.com. At least with POF you can block people from sending you anything if they are looking for sex and/or e-mailed anyone else who wants said encounters. I find it easier to be less annoyed at the free site myself. I cancelled my subscription to Match once the linked me to a Drag-Queen or a Girl. I couldn't tell which it was but regardless, after filling out my information which took an hour of my life and noting that I was interested in MEN I was pretty pissed!:huh:
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Met my fiance on Eharmony. in canada, Match sucks and Plenty of Fish and all that are just usually for hookups. I met a few guys from Eharm and they were all better for me than any guy I'd met on my own lol, even tho they weren't the right one. My fiance and I have so much in common its frightning! lol
  • kmaurath
    kmaurath Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on eharmony!
  • GigiBee824
    GigiBee824 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on OKCupid. I'm gaga over him. We've been together for 2 years now. :)
  • Reka2011
    Reka2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump for later reading....
  • sassy0507
    Options
    I met my husband on plenty of fish.com. it's a free website and it is very good...i always was one to criticize "online dating", then i became a regular on that site and found the man of my dreams, the one i had always wanted and was looking for! :smile:
  • danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on OKCupid in August 08, we chatted online occasionally, then went to calling and texting and met in person in Nov 08. Married in Sept 2009 and are still married.
    I was leery of online dating, only met a couple of the people I talked to. I was leery of guys who would message me and want to meet right away, or give me their number immediately. I preferred talking a little bit online before talking on the phone and such so I was able to weed out some people that way. I felt an instant connection when my now husband and I began chatting, and by the time we met in person I was really hoping we would get along in person as well as we did online, and luckily we did. We got engaged within 4 mos and married before we had known each other a year but it is working out quite well for us.
  • jpalimpsest
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on okcupid.com. We'll celebrate our 1-year anniversary next month.
    It's been an amazing and wonderful year.
    :heart: