SO who's had POSITIVE experiences with online dating sites?

Options

Replies

• kikisnider
    Options
    My ex husband and I divorced after being together 12 years. Although Im almost 27 years old, Im not into the bar scene and I live in a very small town. I gave okcupid.com a try. Its totally free and their profiles are very extensive. I felt that I would getting my point and views across and letting potential dates know exactly who I am and where I stand. They also have a rating system as to if you are compatible by what you put in your profile and answer their questions. Like all dating sites, there are guys/girls on there that just want to hook up. Thats just not my style. Luckily, one of the very first profiles the site threw at me I was interested in. I sent him a msg, we chatted on there a few days, exchanged phone numbers, a couple months later we went out on our first date. It was wonderful. We have been inseparable ever since. :) There is good and bad everywhere you look, you just have to have enough patients to weed through it all.

Good luck!
  • CassiHutchings
    CassiHutchings Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance on an internet dating site. :) Best choice of my life. We didn't use one that cost money, and yes there are creepers, but you can easily block them :) I had more good experiences than I did bad, especially when I got to meet the love of my life. <3 Plentyoffish.com :)
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have tried many dating sites, match.com was by far the worst. I also posted an add on craigslist a couple days and all the dates were pretty bad, the last guy I met I cancelled on like 3 times and than my friend told me to just get it over with and meet him, so I dragged my gay best friend with me, the date and I barely spoke, there was definitely attraction from the moment we met. After that we went on couple dates, than started seeing each other almost every day. After 8mo we moved in together and been together now for almost 3 years. The love we have is so rare, it has bloomed into something more beautiful than I could imagine, I love him more than anything and he loves me uncoditionally; we've been through so much together, but it all just brough us closer together.

My sister met her husband on Ave Maria Catholic dating site, he lives in Omaha Nebraska and her here in Cali, he flew out here and it was love from the moment they met, she dated countless guys and tried many sites but found her true love on ave maria. The long distance dated for a while, he preposed to her one year from the day the first met. They have been happily married for 5 years and expecting a baby in March :)

After many fails for both of us we did find true love :)
  • ADoucette416
    Options
    When I tried Okcupid.com I had some guys come on waaaaay too strong at first. Had quite an interesting first date, which made me take a break from the site for about a month. After that I found my current boyfriend whom I live with and we both plan on getting married (yay!). Yes there are weirdos out there, but you will find them anywhere. My boyfriend and I have talked a lot about out experiences on dating on line. He said that he liked me because I messaged him first and was very honest about everything. We met about 2 weeks later and haven't left each other's side since then. Patience is a virtue and that will get tested, but it can pay off big :) good luck!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I met my first husband on yahoo chat. It was a positive experience until he turned in to a total tool....

And I've gotten laid plenty from online dating. I'd consider that positive.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I have! I met my fiance online :)
  • x_biggirl
    Options
    I met my fiancee online and we have been together 3 and a half years! No looking back was the best decision I ever made replying to his message:heart:
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I personally haven't, but I know a lady on my street who met her hubby online and they've been together 5 years now :)
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I think good old fashion prison correspondence is the way to go. I understand it has a high success rate of meeting terrific gentlemen.

prison tattoos rawr
  • slk1954
    Options
    I met my current fiance on Facebook. We met in December 2010 and are now living together and planning on marrying some day in the not too distant future. And yes, it is harder to meet someone when you're older. I'm 57 years old and married and divorced twice already, so I was very discouraged about my future love life. He is 4 years younger than I am, has three grown children and 7 grandchildren, so I have a ready made family, which is very nice. I also have two adult children and two grandchildren. Who says love can't be found later in life. I wasn't even looking for love and it plucked me right off the Facebook Wall. I wish happiness to everyone!!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I met my gorgeous man on match.com and we're getting married in just under 8 weeks!

I know other people who are match.com marriages and a couple of match.com babies too!

So, my personal experience has been that it def works. My fiance and I are both shy about approaching people so if it hadn't been for online dating we'd never have met. :)
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    You mean sites OTHER than MFP? :tongue:
  • mwilbur27
    Options
    I used OKcupid and I love it. Yes, you get a lot of people that are just looking for a hook up but they usually say it. Plus most men in my town are just looking for casual fun anyways. So it's not really online dating thats the problem. It's them. Ive met a lot of great people though and have a lot of long lasting friends.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I did! It lead me to create a blog! It's called faildate.blogspot.com.

I have met some fun people as well, well, fun until I met them. However, I've had a lot of fun talking to people and just getting to know a wide variety of people I normally wouldn't have the chance to meet.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend online. He was the 1st person I emailed with, we clicked right away but it only lasted 9 months (he got scared of how serious we were getting). During a break we both tried the Match thing again and quickly realized there are lots of weirdos. So we are back together and appreciate each other so much more. :love:
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I met my guy on eHarmony.com
    I had 2 dates with a jerk (it happens) and then I met him.
    He was actually the 2nd person they matched me with when I signed up.
    I bought all these books on how to date from eHarmony which were great.
    But...didn't need them.
    We are perfect for each other.
    I had to get rid of all the books I bought on dating after I met him.

Luv him.:heart:
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I met my husband of almost 4 years on Match.com! :bigsmile:
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Not me...I am on eharmony and I have been found to be "unmatchable" for months now....:cry:

But bumping this to read later...maybe I will find some tips here.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Yep like many others, I met my husband online. He and I have been married for almost 7 years. I had some dates before him that were on the strange side. But I wouldn't trade my honey for anything!
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Gives me hope. I will have to try a few of these out. I work full-time and am a mom to two. I don't do the whole bar and club scene. I hate to date guys that are only interested in one thing.