SO who's had POSITIVE experiences with online dating sites?

Options

Replies

• PuffinPie
    Options
    I met my hubby to be on a cell phone dating site called flirtomatic 6 years ago.
    I just been through a horrible divorce and was just looking to chat and now we are getting married next year in Jamaica and have two lovely kids.
    He is my heart old soul, the old goat xx
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Have to say I'm impressed by the success stories so far...maybe there's hope yet :)
  • tammy_lng
    tammy_lng Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a Plentyoffish.com account and the only emails i get are geared towards sex. So far no luck for me!
  • LetYourLightShine
    Options
    I met my boyfriend, soon-to-be fiance, on plentyoffish.com. I'm not ashamed! <3
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am also on OKcupid and have yet to have had a positive experience, but after reading all these wonderful remarks, I will give it another go.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    E-Harmony- it is a little on the expensive side, and the questionaire takes FOREVER to complete, but that helps weed out the peopel whoa ren;t serious, I think...

I was matched with my husband on Chirstmas Day 2008- our first date was January 31, 2009- we were negaged April 23 2009 and married on December 19, 2009- 51 weeks after we were originally matched. We have been married two years, and have never even had a serious fight-

go for it- you may just you find the perfect person for you and spend the rest of your life happily ever after!!!
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    ive considered it but all im looking for is to "date" as in.. get to know people rather than expect to jump into a relationship and get married.

if you try it out, keep us updated :)
  • Mandigormas
    Options
    I met my husband on Eharmony.com and we will be celebrating our 4 year anniversary in April. We both dated a few people from the website before meeting each other. It was a great experience. GOOD LUCK!
  • katmegcantwell
    Options
    met my husband online and we've been together for 10 years
  • Amethyst125
    Amethyst125 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes I met my future husband on an online site. Since our first date 5 months ago we have been together everyday and will be getting married this year.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am marrying the man I met on singlesnet.com 5 years ago!!
  • traciwe
    traciwe Posts: 78
    Options
    i met my boyfriend on plentyoffish.com.....took me a while to find the right one....he was actually my 13th internet date between a few different sites but i couldnt have found someone more perfect for me. we are talking about marriage now and have been dating for about 2 1/2 years! :):heart:
  • rubygarcia86
    rubygarcia86 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've had good and bad experiences. I used plentyoffish.com and met several guys and then i met my boyfriend. We've been together for almost two years now and we've been living together for a year and a half. We both were not looking for something serious but once we met and started dating we slowly became exclusive. I think its important to keep an open mind when dating and to realize there are some people on dating sites to hook up and some are there for the real thing.
  • NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    I'm only 22 and I still refuse to meet a guy in a bar, club, etc...and I had tried the set-up thing one too many times with absolutely no luck. I tried Match and it did not work.....and I got sick of paying for it. I got on OKCupid because a friend at work met her then husband on there. It took me a long time, many bad dates and way way way too many guys I'd never be interested emailing me, but now I have found someone who is worth my time and he's amazing and treats me better than anyone--in the short time I have known him, I know him better than my ex who I dated a long time. IT'S OKAY TO BE PICKY!!!! :) Make sure you take it slow--emailing a little while, talking/texting, and then MEET IN A PUBLIC PLACE and make sure someone knows where you are in case something should happen that you'd need a rescue call.
  • latinahada
    Options
    Married for over 5 years, been together over 6 :heart:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used FitnessSingles? I am pondering entering the dreaded dating pool.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm marrying the man of my dreams, and I found him on plenty of fish 4 years ago
  • NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    My aunt and uncle met on EHarmony and have been married for 10 years as well!
  • hjjohnson08
    hjjohnson08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on myspace, which is not technically a dating site, but he sent me a message and we got married 8 months later. We hit it off so well and are such a perfect match, there was no reason to wait. We've been married almost 4 years and it's still as fresh as it was on day one.

I went out on quite a few dates with people I met online before I met my husband, and can't really say I had any bad experiences. You do tend to get a lot of guys that just want sex, but I ended up meeting so pretty nice people after weeding through the jerks.

I don't think there's anything wrong with dating someone you met online either.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Met my now husband in October 2004 through Match.com and in person for the first time in November 2004 . Met a few others - some stood me up, some weren't what they claimed to be, others just didn't work out, etc. I always took baby steps and followed the same type of safety precautions that I would if I was meeting someone for the first time at a bar or club. The only thing I ever kept in mind is that people can lie to your face at a bar or club and turn into a raving lunatic on the 5th or 6th date and same thing can happen when you meet someone online. My husband did the online dating more than I did and some of the stories he tells just make me laugh hysterically - :laugh: Good Luck:flowerforyou: