SO who's had POSITIVE experiences with online dating sites?

Options

Replies

• JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    Has anyone used FitnessSingles? I am pondering entering the dreaded dating pool.

I met D on Match... haven't tried FitnessSingles, but it sounds cool! So glad to hear you're getting ready to get out there again! Yay, you!!
  • allie_girl
    Options
    I know a lot of people with positive experiences, but I had an OK one...

I met a lot of different people from match.com, sure. I probably went on 10 or so dates. Most didn't make it past the first date. I still hang out with one of the guys, we are kinda like friends, there's no spark really there. Overall, it wasn't a bad experience I just don't know if I'd sign up again. I was a bit discouraged by it all and I could be jaded. I say, go for it, it can't hurt. We are in a world of computers so it's natural we move towards online dating.

I hope it goes well for you :)
  • Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    WOW! So many good outcomes with online dating! I guess it's just me... ;-/
  • summercox
    summercox Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on Match.com. He was the only person I met from there. Match.com could not have done a better job at matching us together. We have been married for almost 4 years and together for almost 6. I highly recommend it!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I want to make a dating site profile. Not for a date but, because everything I wrote on it would be full of win!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    ****raises hand**** I met my husband on Yahoo personals back in November 2002 when I was 18 and a half. Im going to be 28 in May and we have been together going on 10 years and married 8 this June and we have an almost 7 year old and a 4 year old. We are extremely happy together.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend online. This has been a great experience. however, I did have bad experiences before him! haha. no crazies, just weirdos & jerks. Same thing with bars & clubs though - some good some bad. ;) Good luck!
  • robertmcalaster
    Options
    I used eHarmony, and I recommend it. It's where I met my wife :)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I haven't but my mom and step-dad met on an online dating site, they have been together for 7 years married for 4 ..
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I met my husband of almost 9 years on a dating website. I believe it was match.com. It was kind of funny though, because we had mutual friends that we discovered after meeting, and only lived 5 minutes apart. We now have a 6 year old son and a happy life together!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on eHarmony. We got married 2 years after we met.
  • LuaLiz
    LuaLiz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on Plenty Of Fish!!! :) We dated for 3 years and were married last april! :)
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i met my hubby online....we've been together for 13yrs.....dated for 5yrs, married for 8 this july. we have 2 kids together. they are my world....they being my husband and children.....sounds like a pretty positive experience don't ya think????
  • aparker36
    aparker36 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Met my now husband on yahoo personals. We've been together 3 years and he's amazing! It's not differnt that going out to the bars or anywhere else, you really don't know anything about people no matter where you met them. But it opens you up to people you might not normally meet in your every day life. :)
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on OKCupid.com after my friend encouraged me to join. She had just married her boyfriend of two years whom she met on the site. It's free so there are definitely so people to weed out but it was for a more progressive crowd. The more questions you answer, the better your matches. If you met someone you like you could answer all the questions they answered and see how compatible you are. Some questions are off the wall but a lot of questions are things you would want to know but aren't the typical dating site questions. I talked to several guys through messages but only went on one date and I'm smitten with my now boyfriend.
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It's a great way to meet new people. It also allows a person to meet quite a few people they probably would never have otherwise. Just like in real life, there are players, losers, jerks, mean girls, and everything inbetween on these sites. I have talked to and met them all (at least the male versions). You just have to be careful like you would be with anyone else you dont know....just use a little common sense.

But, good things happen as a result of dating sites all the time. Some people say only good matches are made from the sites you have to pay for.... NOT! I used a free site.... and I'm getting married this June to a man I met on that site. :love: :happy:
  • I have tried online dating. It is a great way to meet people, but be careful and smart. The free sites tend to be full of players just looking to have fun. If that is what you want.. it is all fun and games. The only real sucess stories are those that are through Match and E-harm. When money is being paid people tend to be a little more serious. Good luck!
  • ambeer2
    ambeer2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a boatload of funny stories from what I like to call my "Dark Ages" with online dating. Some good, some bad (like that time a guy actually brought TWO of his OKCupid dates together — me being one of them — on purpose to consolidate the process), but all in all, I'd suggest it to anyone.

That said, the man I plan on marrying I met through a mutual friend, not online ... although, he wouldn't have known her through that friend circle had she not gone on Match.com and met his best friend! So, I'm grateful for online dating and how it's expanded everyone's options.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

I've had a lot of fun with it! Nothing serious has come of it but I've met at least one person I wouldn't mind moving in that direction with.
  • noiva
    noiva Posts: 94
    Options
    My boyfriend and I met on an online dating site, but not in a typical way. He was at his friend's house, and the friend asked him to check out a few girls. Boyfriend saw me, went home, and made a profile. He contacted me, we talked for a few months, then met. We've been together now for 2.5 years. It can work!