Is There Anything You Eat That Don't Record - What and Why?

Options

Replies

• amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My sugar free, calorie free flavor packet I add to all of my water.
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    I record everything I eat, with the exception of sports gels. I have 1 every 3-4 miles on most runs over 6 miles. The reason I don't record them is that I know that I need the carbs they give me on a long run and I know I will try to go without, if i have to go put them in. I'm always way under on cals on my long run day ANYWAY....

How far is your long run?

Normally between 8-10 miles.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Otherwise there's no point (to me) in doing this, as it's a short hop from not logging a pinch of sugar to not bothering with the full number of potatoes, to forgetting the latte, a couple of bits of chocolate and then leaving whole days mentioning just enough to stay under, but omitting 2,500 kcals of what got me here in the first place (which wasn't cake and candy, it was too much of normal foods every day for years).

It's the awareness of exactly what I'm eating that's helping the most of all, I think, which needs complete honesty for accuracy.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I try to record everything, but Im not like hardcore, If I have a hard candy or gum or a breath mint I won't log it, unless I had like a bunch of them,the only other thing I don't log is if I take a bite of someones food, like if I take a lick of hubbys ice cream or something. If we split something then sure, but if it's just a bite, then no.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I like to put a couple leaves of lettuce on my sandwiches, that's about 3 calories, which I figure I burn off getting it out of the refrigerator and putting on the sandwich.:laugh: I occasionally chew sugar free gum when I get the munchies and don't count it because I don't swallow it and it saves me so many calories because I can't nibble with gum in my mouth. Pretty much everything else, including vitamin supplements I put on because I want to track my nutrients, which are as important to good health as how many calories you are eating.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I don't log the odd bug that I swallow on a motorcycle ride. Figure the protein amount would be too small to make it worth it...
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't log gum, mints, or vitamins.
  • Roshams
    Roshams Posts: 77
    Options
    I don't log the odd bug that I swallow on a motorcycle ride. Figure the protein amount would be too small to make it worth it...

HAHA awesomeness!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    I dont log coffee - I log the creamer b/c that's where the calories are. I don't log diet soda (I don't see the point). I don't log water (again - not seeing the point).
    I don't always log sugar free gum if I only have a piece or two. If I have several pieces I log it b/c it adds up.
    Pretty much everything else - I log.
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    I don't log black coffee or gum.
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    I only log to make sure I get enough protein and calories. If I'm sure I'm going to hit my goal then I don't bother logging anything beyond that.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    With exception of spices and gum I logg absolutley everything! It keeps me accountable for what goes into my body. And I need the structure!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I don't log the small amount of bacon grease I season my egg pan with every day. I quit eating bacon except for rarely so I don't think 2 teaspoons of bacon grease for 4-8 eggs (for me, my spouse, and my 2 sons) makes much of a difference either way.
  • melrose09
    melrose09 Posts: 271
    Options
    I don't log spices or my multi vitamin
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't log most my fruits and vegetables. I also don't log my daily walks--I walk 1 mile at lunch with my work friends, usually 1-2 after work before I pick up my husband and anytime I talk on the phone, I walk around my block which is 1/2 a mile-- I log ANY treat food. (for example, I would log 1 jellybean or mnm) and I log any of my workout cardio exercise. I'm trying to make this more of a lifestyle and I not trying to be too obsessive about it.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Medicine.. but I don't take much often.

Gum if I only have 1 piece a day.

Some spices if I know they are 0-5 calories, but the ones that have over 5 I do log, same with sauces if it's under 5 I don't log it.. I do log Ketchup though.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Only time i dont record something i eat is usually after i already finished my log for the day and i have 100+ Calories left, if i have a nibble of something that i know is way lower in calories and not worth logging, i dont.
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Spices, mustard, siracha, etc. I'm not tracking sodium so I'm not too concerned with zero or very low cal condiments. I fill a pitcher with the amount of water I need every morning and finish it by the end of the day so I don't need to log that either.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I log everything, including my gum and spices!! I even log my tea k-cup at zero calories. If it goes in my mouth it goes in my log. I will even log something if I eat something after I close out my diary fir the day. I like going back sometimes and looking to see what I have done.

I'm afraid if I start not logging this little thing or that little thing I could end up being lax on some bigger things eventually.

Since I am making this a lifestyle change I want to do it right and make sure I can deal with it for a lifetime!!
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't log breath mints and I don't generally log a slice of my grandma's bread.

The mints because they really don't have very many calories, and sometimes I'll eat one or two instead of a meal.

My grandma's bread because it's just flour, salt, and water, homemade, and about the size of 2-3 fingers. So it's pretty small, and I don't know how many calories it would be. But I always mention it in the notes.