Why are some so desperate.........................

Options
12345679»

Replies

• taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be done with this thread after this post, but I wanted to say that a few people have made suggestions that I am going to try. I think and endocrinologist and testing my insulin resistance are good ideas, among a few others, though the timing of my problem really makes me think it's directly a result of my choice of BC. I really appreciate the suggestions and understanding.

To those who chose to be insulting, I didn't post my issue seeking advice. If I wanted advice, I would directly ask for it. I posted because the consensus in this thread seems to be that diet and exercise work 100% of the time and anyone for whom they don't work is stupid, lazy, both or in some kind of denial. I was a size 4, without effort, until I was 29. I gained some weighr and then over the course of three months I took off 34 pounds and dropped three sizes and kept it off for two years. Despite continuing a healrhy lifestyle I regained 20 pounds that will not move. I've done this before. I'm not stupid, lazy or in denial. But every time I step on the scale now, I end up in anger and tears. THAT is why some people turn to too good to be true methods. And that is why I posted my story.

Don't feel bad and ignore the asshats who think they know it all. I'm in about the same boat as you, I've been consistantly in calorie deficit for several months now, I've been exercising regularly for a year and I keep fluxuating betwen the same 10lbs. I actually have an appointment with an endochrinologist on Tuesday and am hoping to figure something out. There is no sane reason why I can and do burn 500-800 calories during exercise (I know this for sure as I have a heart rate moniter) eat below 2,000 cals/ day and still haven't lost. It was so easy before I got pregnant a second time. SOOOO easy. Now it's like "Haha, you can try all you want but you're still gonna be fat!" At this point I'm on the verge of going on a salty gluten filled binged because I very much do feel defeated and might as well eat what I want. :devil:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,719 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be done with this thread after this post, but I wanted to say that a few people have made suggestions that I am going to try. I think and endocrinologist and testing my insulin resistance are good ideas, among a few others, though the timing of my problem really makes me think it's directly a result of my choice of BC. I really appreciate the suggestions and understanding.
    I think those are great ideas. I hope you get to the bottom of what's causing your difficulty. A couple of things I wonder about for myself are stress and not getting enough sleep. I've had my fair share of both of those things going on lately. I don't know if they'd apply to you. Oh, and a third for me might be menopause. Fun. :tongue: That would be a very long shot for you, though. :wink:
  • Natelywills
    Options
    I fell for it. I've used HCG twice now and lost a BUNCH of weight. I looked amazing. And then I piled it all back on again and I'm 40lbs heavier than when I started. There's no lifestyle change in faddy dieting, just quick and unhealthy weight loss. I'm finding the best way is to slowly ease in to being aware of what I'm putting in to my body and lose weight healthily for the long term. MFP is helping me become aware of what i eat, how calorific it is and take control of my intake and exercise. I'm losing slowly but I feel great and I don't feel deprived. Sadly, we're all desperate to become a better version of ourselves and it tales time. When someone tells you they can take the effort out and you'll have a supermodel body in 3 weeks, we fall for it because the faster method feels like the better option. It's not, trust me.
  • If you are eating 1,500 calories per day and only burning 500 calories of course you are not going to lose weight. You have to burn more calories than you take to to lose weight properly. :smile:

If you are eating 1,500 calories per day and only burning 500 calories of course you are not going to lose weight. You have to burn more calories than you take to to lose weight properly. :smile:

So you don't breathe, move or have any notable circulation in your body?
  • taramaureen
    Options
    If you are eating 1,500 calories per day and only burning 500 calories of course you are not going to lose weight. You have to burn more calories than you take to to lose weight properly. :smile:

That's not exactly how it works. :laugh:

Trying a magic pill, shake, patch for the first item won't hurt anyone if you can afford it. No point in yelling at people about it. I drink Special K protein shakes for lunch and I'm on Turbo Jam. So far I've gained 2 pounds and I look even fatter than I did BEFORE I started working out. Lucky me...

So if someone comes to me saying "Hey this'll make you lose all that unwanted belly fat so you can actually look your age in a bikini" I'm gonna say "GIVE ME TWO!".

Now, the floor is open to judge me
    That's NOT the point. Say you lost 2lbs. instead of gained. Then the probability is that you would CONTINUE to use the product. However once you got off of it, the weight would return because the product was a crutch to begin with. Then you start the cycle all over again. This is that typical dieter's profile.
    Learning how to live the actual lifestyle rather than providing a temporary fix takes a mentally different approach.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I'll take temp over lifestyle if it works faster...just saying
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Trying a magic pill, shake, patch for the first item won't hurt anyone if you can afford it. No point in yelling at people about it. I drink Special K protein shakes for lunch and I'm on Turbo Jam. So far I've gained 2 pounds and I look even fatter than I did BEFORE I started working out. Lucky me...

So if someone comes to me saying "Hey this'll make you lose all that unwanted belly fat so you can actually look your age in a bikini" I'm gonna say "GIVE ME TWO!".

This is a diet scammer's dream come true!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you :) Now I'm going back to looking for the latest diet to to make me skinny (so everyone can kiss my flabby bum)
  • taramaureen
    Options

That's NOT the point. Say you lost 2lbs. instead of gained. Then the probability is that you would CONTINUE to use the product. However once you got off of it, the weight would return because the product was a crutch to begin with. Then you start the cycle all over again. This is that typical dieter's profile.
    Learning how to live the actual lifestyle rather than providing a temporary fix takes a mentally different approach.

IDEA Fitness member

May work faster but the results don't last. You'll just end up gaining back what you lost and then some.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

May work faster but the results don't last. You'll just end up gaining back what you lost and then some.

Yeah I know, I turned in my fate of being over weight years ago after the curse of the huge breast came to play. All my aunts besides maybe one or two are over weight, as well as my mother and youngest sister (who is 10). EVERYTHING JIGGLES!

So if I can have a bikini body while I'm in my 20s then I'll trade that in for a beached whale when I'm in my 30s...or go get a tummy tuck and boob job like my mother suggested last year.

Does this make me stupid? Dumb? Blind? Yes, yes it does. But I'll be sexy while I blindly run into the same wall over and over again
  • taramaureen
    Options

Yeah I know, I turned in my fate of being over weight years ago after the curse of the huge breast came to play. All my aunts besides maybe one or two are over weight, as well as my mother and youngest sister (who is 10). EVERYTHING JIGGLES!

So if I can have a bikini body while I'm in my 20s then I'll trade that in for a beached whale when I'm in my 30s...or go get a tummy tuck and boob job like my mother suggested last year.

Does this make me stupid? Dumb? Blind? Yes, yes it does. But I'll be sexy while I blindly run into the same wall over and over again

Your life, dude. I think I'd rather just keep to a healthy lifestyle and live longer, but that's just me.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

Your life, dude. I think I'd rather just keep to a healthy lifestyle and live longer, but that's just me.

At least someone understands me now
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

I feel quite sorry for you. There's nothing stopping you losing weight properly in a maintainable way and if you plan to throw it all away and accept being fat once you're a little bit older, you're not going to have the best life you could. I really think you should re-evaluate this situation and stop looking at it as a barrier and more as a hurdle. If you were to meet someone in your 20s and stay with them, do you think they'll be glad of it if at 30 you completely let yourself go 'because it happened to everyone else in your family'?
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

I feel quite sorry for you. There's nothing stopping you losing weight properly in a maintainable way and if you plan to throw it all away and accept being fat once you're a little bit older, you're not going to have the best life you could. I really think you should re-evaluate this situation and stop looking at it as a barrier and more as a hurdle. If you were to meet someone in your 20s and stay with them, do you think they'll be glad of it if at 30 you completely let yourself go 'because it happened to everyone else in your family'?
    You're right there's nothing stopping me but myself. I wanna have the body I want as quickly as possible. If it ends up being a life style change with rainbows and sunshine then that's a bonus but right now I want what I want and I plan to get it.

And if someone I meet cares so much about my weight after they've been with me for 10+ years then that's their own problem. The last guy I dated didn't think I needed to change anything about myself. Not even my hair. I told him I was going to get thinner and he asked why. Personal problems are personal problems so thanks for feeling sorry for me, but I don't really need it.