Ladies: Do you weigh more than your S.O.?

Options

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I weigh probably about 10 pound less than my boyfriend. We are the same height and both have healthy weights though, so I'm not concerned.

He, on the other hand, does seem somewhat upset about it. I don't think he understands that a healthy, athletic 5'10" gal is just not going to weigh 120 pounds.
    :huh: Did he actually same something to you about it?? That's terrible!
    This 5'10" healthy, fit, strong not-anywhere-near-120-pounds-girl is volunteering to smack some sense into him if that is the case.
    Lol. I couldn't imagine 120lbs on a 5'10" frame! especially if you have any muscle at all! At my height (5'6") 120 lbs looks really thin, and that's a good 4" shorter!
  • tamaradarlene
    tamaradarlene Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I told my husband, "When I weigh less than you (which is 40 lbs to go) we are going to celebrate!!" and he said, "Do you want me to try to gain weight and meet in the middle?" He was trying to be supportive...but really? :)
  • kpens
    kpens Posts: 2
    Options
    ScrewyChars-6452647
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I weigh probably about 10 pound less than my boyfriend. We are the same height and both have healthy weights though, so I'm not concerned.

He, on the other hand, does seem somewhat upset about it. I don't think he understands that a healthy, athletic 5'10" gal is just not going to weigh 120 pounds.
    This 5'10" healthy, fit, strong not-anywhere-near-120-pounds-girl is volunteering to smack some sense into him if that is the case.
    Lol. I couldn't imagine 120lbs on a 5'10" frame! especially if you have any muscle at all! At my height (5'6") 120 lbs looks really thin, and that's a good 4" shorter!
    My lean body mass is 135 pounds... there literally isn't any way POSSIBLE that I could way 120 pounds unless I chopped off my left leg from the knee down and, even then...
  • bck80
    bck80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    SADLY :( YES 15 LBS HEAVIER.
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Hah, I ignore his comment about that because I know he doesn't know what he's talking about. On one hand, I think he's never dated anyone as tall as I am, so the fact that we are the same height and weigh around the same surprises him. Whenever I discuss exercise or fitness with anyone anyway and I tell them how much I weigh, they're surprised, so he's not the only one.

Edit: I know I'm a healthy weight and trying to become more fit... and really, that's all that matters! :wink:
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yep sure do! He is 5'9" and about 138lbs. (Very naturally thin but still muscular - not emaciated). I was pretty proud when I finally dipped below him! For awhile after he quite smoking he jumped up to 159lbs...which I thought looked good on him but he didn't care for it. He did a round of P90X and lost all 21lbs he gained (STINKER!). So now I'm sitting at about 2-3 lbs heavier than him depending on the day. It really doesn't bother me too badly but yes, weighing less than he does is always one of my goals (and an attainable one since he should never weigh less than what he does now. He's actually planning another round of P90X which should result in a gain from new muscle).
  • sunflowerjesss
    sunflowerjesss Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my twins we were neck and neck. Sadly, he only has about 45 pounds on me. If I hit my first goal weight we will be about 60lbs apart which I am definitely ok with!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Yes and it doesn't matter to me. I care how my body looks, not how much it weighs. I could never and will never compare myself to a man's body. I consider that illogical.

He's tall and slim and I love it, and he's definitely obsessed with my body. Pounds on a scale, won't change that.
  • xmandadollx
    xmandadollx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. But, since I have been dieting, he has gained almost the same amount that I have lost. I think he has been over-indulging because I have been limiting myself. He is naturally "skinny" and very tall, so he could gain a little more and still be considered average weight with a healthy BMI.
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    i've got 100 lbs on him! he seems to like it- he's 6'2 and ranges 150-165 at most... on new years he weighed 150 and i was 258! i'm only 5'6! i won't get smaller than 160, so i'll never weigh less than him and we are both fine with that!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    YEP. He weighs 160. i weigh 260
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Yep.
    Doesnt bother me. It used to, I always thought I was "supposed" to weigh less and be, overall, smaller than my husband but that's media in my head and I've kicked it the f- out.
    He's 6'4, 185-195lb, I'm 5'8 203lb. It won't be this way for long but even if it were, I don't mind.
  • abellone7289
    abellone7289 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yup. When we started dating I was about 20 pounds heavier. Slowly, I have been losing and he has been gaining (on purpose). Ideally we want to switch weights with each other ( I want to be his 125 and he wants to be my 140). I'm about 12 pounds heavier than him currently. But that's just because he is a twig and I am curvy, and always will be ( big butt, big boobs and proud!)
  • stwalsh226
    Options
    yeah definitely :(
  • DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options
    No, and he's always weighed more than me, by 40-60 lbs. He's about 4 inches taller than me, and we have similar builds - kinda athletic. However, he currently weighs 22 lbs. less than my highest ever weight - but when I weighed that, he was still 40 lbs heavier than me.
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I outweigh him by about 40 lbs. My healthy weight should be lower than his weight. If you had to ask which one of us is healthier, I would put my money on ME. He may be skinny but he doesn't eat as well as me and never works out. Thin isn't everything.
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    yup!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I sure did, darlin! I was 220-230 and he was 180. Funny thing, I lost 180 in the divorce ;) And then another 20! Go me!

But seriously, just love you and your body, the rest will follow.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    About a year ago I weighed more than him. He is 6' something and weighed 130 (underweight I know) and I am 5'6" and weighed 147(my SW).

Now he weighs about 150 and I weigh just over 135. We are both moving towards healthier weights =]
    ^^I just wish he would work on gaining muscle instead of just the little beer belly he is getting :grumble:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!