Black Team Challenge-- lucky 13!

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Shuntae..thank you:flowerforyou: The song that goes thru my mind when I want to stop is an oldie that Jim, my hubby said was his theme song in college when he ran, Feet Don't Fail Me Now by Little Feat. Its an oldie but a goodie...:laugh:

I've heard of the group, but don't know that song. Think it might be worth downloading and adding to the playlist, though. :bigsmile:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Is it odd that I find myself waking up early WANTING to go for a run?
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I think thats a great sign Lynnie:drinker: Good for you!!

Well good morning everyone! Just wanted to check in a little early today because I have a pretty busy day ahead of me. Ive been playing tennis every day this week and I think today Im going to have to sit it out:grumble: My body is soooo sore (but still a good sore to me) and I noticed yesterday a change in my game because my body just feels so fatigued. So I think today I will just take about a 4 mile walk and call it a day with the exercise:smile:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!:flowerforyou:

~Roni
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hey guys! well, i decided to make the kids pancakes from scratch this morning, and they smelled so good, i gave in and had 2:grumble: so now i'm stuffed and already at almost 500 cals! today is "supposed" to be a really nice day, so i was planning on walking, but right now it's raining. definintely gotta do something today...maybe i'll let billy blanks beat me up a little. have a good day!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Our elliptical that we just got in January started not working right. It was all creaky and noisy. So we called about the warranty. The salesguy at ****'s said if it started making a noise even the day after we brought it home, we call the number and somebody will come out. Um, not true. Dave argued on the phone with them for probably an hour and they said we'd have to send it in. Which means we'd have to pay probably $100 to send it and be out an elliptical for who knows how long.

Since we were still in our receipt time we just returned it to the store and got a different kind. I'm so glad we made it in time. The receipt expires April 3. Usually stuff like this happens right after it's too late to return it. So I'll be trying out the new one today.

I've been doing well with this challenge. I'm counting everything I eat but I'm also making myself stop and decide if something is really worth it before eating it. Instead of saying I have enough calories so I'm gonna go for it, I decide if I'm really hungry or just bored. If I can keep up with this, I should break my yo-yoing that I've been doing lately.
  • jentx
    jentx Posts: 244
    Options
    Hi there!

Can I join this group? I'm new to the site but have been eating right and exercising since November. Love the challenges!

Jen
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Can I join this group? I'm new to the site but have been eating right and exercising since November. Love the challenges!

Jen

Jen, PM bohlon15 with your info. I believe there is always room for more..........and of course we need some new blood due to all the plateau issues in the group:sad:
    Of course maybe you want to rethink the request now:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Our elliptical that we just got in January started not working right. It was all creaky and noisy. So we called about the warranty. The salesguy at ****'s said if it started making a noise even the day after we brought it home, we call the number and somebody will come out. Um, not true. Dave argued on the phone with them for probably an hour and they said we'd have to send it in. Which means we'd have to pay probably $100 to send it and be out an elliptical for who knows how long.

Since we were still in our receipt time we just returned it to the store and got a different kind. I'm so glad we made it in time. The receipt expires April 3. Usually stuff like this happens right after it's too late to return it. So I'll be trying out the new one today.

I've been doing well with this challenge. I'm counting everything I eat but I'm also making myself stop and decide if something is really worth it before eating it. Instead of saying I have enough calories so I'm gonna go for it, I decide if I'm really hungry or just bored. If I can keep up with this, I should break my yo-yoing that I've been doing lately.

Whew Lori! OMG I would be so mad. At least it was under the wire and you have a new one now. I have had mine for 5+yrs and the computer just went out on it.

Good for you in the thinking through the calories!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Jen

Jen, PM bohlon15 with your info. I believe there is always room for more..........and of course we need some new blood due to all the plateau issues in the group:sad:
    Of course maybe you want to rethink the request now:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, our plateaus-- otherwise known as "Marlas" (:grumble: :grumble: ) are now legendary.

But, they're leaving this week-- read up on our challenge and jump on in--
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening all!

Looks like a slow week so far in black team land. Guess were all really busy running around breaking out "Marlas".

Lori- Being a retail guy myself and working for a company that actual lets us take care of our customers stuff like that elliptical situation makes me nuts. I am glad you were within your return policy. Even though they still should have been willing to help you. I actually think it's fun when a retailer tries to but the block on me. I know the business so well now that I usually can make them bend or break just about any policy. Lol Key phrases like "expedite this situation." and "Discuss with your regional manager your inability to resolve a simple situation on your own." or classic hits like "Is it your policy to alienate your customers and pass off future business?",and "No I don't want to call your boss tommorow. I would like you to call her at home right now so we can get this resolved." Oh they hate me when they get on my bad side.

Anyhoo, Had a good night at the gym and I am looking forward to my day off tommorow. Have a good night my dears.

Cheers! :drinker:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    hey guys! well, i decided to make the kids pancakes from scratch this morning, and they smelled so good, i gave in and had 2:grumble: so now i'm stuffed and already at almost 500 cals! today is "supposed" to be a really nice day, so i was planning on walking, but right now it's raining. definintely gotta do something today...maybe i'll let billy blanks beat me up a little. have a good day!
    '

Beth you got a new pic up? Perty!!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey-- you switched the picture since this morning, Miss Beth-- Marla likey!!! (sorry-- been around kids a bit today-- )

Got in a great 3.2 mile run and am heading out to walk with the hubba after his run. I have T minus 4 minutes left, and counting-- so I can't regale you all presently with the tales of my day.

Later, though-- my mother-in-law-- gotta love her-- :noway:

Hope you're all taking captive those morsels-- I'm feeling good, good, good about weigh in this week-- wooooooo-- hoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: to you all!!!!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Marla - I'm doing pretty good this weekend with snacking so that's a plus! As a bonus, I made it to the gym yesterday morning & abused the elliptical for 750 cals. Take that, jerk! Man, I am developing a love/hate with that machine. :grumble: Can't wait to hear the MIL tales! :laugh:

Andrew - Good for you! I admire people that can last in the retail field. I'd beat people with blunt objects. :bigsmile:

Beth - love the new pic! I LOVE some homemade from scratch pancakes. Delish!

Lori - Woo HOO for the elliptical! I hope you love it as much as your old one!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Beth and Sara – Love the new pics! It’s funny how you get used to people’s avs and when they change their pics you think somebody new is posting. :laugh:

Beth – Pancakes from scratch means you add water to a mix in a box right? :laugh: That’s the only pancakes I’ve ever done and the last time we had those was New Year’s Day because between 4 pancakes and a lot of syrup I had maybe 300-500 calories left for the whole day. I hope you enjoyed them!

Andrew – Dave works fixing stuff so I had him talk to them. He read them something from the warranty about fixing it and told them they were in breach of contract by not covering it and they told him “We can’t discuss the legalities of the warranty.” Dave was getting pissed with them. :explode:

Marla – When we went to Dave’s parents’ yesterday our niece and nephew were eating animal crackers as a snack. I so wanted one but I didn’t want to have to figure out the calories for one animal cracker so I resisted.

Sara – I’m not to a love relationship with any elliptical yet. It’s more of a “Let’s just be friends” kinda thing. :laugh:

So far I'm liking the new elliptical. It has more settings and resistance levels. (Not that I'm anywhere near level 20!) I did 20 minutes on Friday and 45 yesterday. I also did the BL workout DVD both days. Hopefully Wednesday will be "Goodbye 'Marla'!"

In baby black team news, Harley is getting her first tooth! One on the bottom is poking through enough that you can feel it. Luckily she hasn’t been that cranky (yet).

We're going to Dave's friend's house for a cookout today. We're taking over lots of ground beef that we haven't been eating because we usually use ground turkey now, and some ground turkey to make burgers. These are when I usually do badly. A burger here, corn on the cob there, some chips here, and I end up over my calories. So I'll be watching carefully and not just picking today. And I'll try to stay near the veggie tray and not the bowl of chips!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Evening all!

Looks like a slow week so far in black team land. Guess were all really busy running around breaking out "Marlas".

Lori- Being a retail guy myself and working for a company that actual lets us take care of our customers stuff like that elliptical situation makes me nuts. I am glad you were within your return policy. Even though they still should have been willing to help you. I actually think it's fun when a retailer tries to but the block on me. I know the business so well now that I usually can make them bend or break just about any policy. Lol Key phrases like "expedite this situation." and "Discuss with your regional manager your inability to resolve a simple situation on your own." or classic hits like "Is it your policy to alienate your customers and pass off future business?",and "No I don't want to call your boss tommorow. I would like you to call her at home right now so we can get this resolved." Oh they hate me when they get on my bad side.

Anyhoo, Had a good night at the gym and I am looking forward to my day off tommorow. Have a good night my dears.

Cheers! :drinker:

I listen for key words like "should" If you should, then there is a could in there somewhere! Caught someone on this yesterday. I got a gym membership for $99 for my daughter at a big gym too.
    There was a $10 processing fee and I asked if it could be waived. ALWAYS ask folks....

he said well with a $99 1 yr membership I should charge you the $10. I said well this is the 3rd such membership I have paid for this week, so you COULD waive the charge, correct?

He did!!

Always ask if a surcharge or processing fee can be waived. The worst that can happen is they say No! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hey-- you switched the picture since this morning, Miss Beth-- Marla likey!!! (sorry-- been around kids a bit today-- )

Got in a great 3.2 mile run and am heading out to walk with the hubba after his run. I have T minus 4 minutes left, and counting-- so I can't regale you all presently with the tales of my day.

Later, though-- my mother-in-law-- gotta love her-- :noway:

Hope you're all taking captive those morsels-- I'm feeling good, good, good about weigh in this week-- wooooooo-- hoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: to you all!!!!!!

I have captured each and every bite Sgt Marla!

I know how ya feel about the lang thing with the kiddos. On my first job interview after 5 yrs home with 3 kiddos, I asked the Mgr I was interviewing with where the "potty" was. she said HUH? I then said.............OMG cant believe I am admitting this................I have to go pee pee.

I got the job by the way, and am still friends with the mgr!!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    In black team baby news...............there isnt any!!! :laugh:

Lori-we need PICs of that lil pretty girl!! I loved the first tooth smiles. I have my fav pic on the wall of my DH and laugh or cry when I stop to look at it!!

Everyone have a great day!

Marla, thanks so much for this challenge> I was way off track and didnt even realize it:smooched:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Have fun at the cookout Loree! We woke up this morning to 2-4 inches of snow falling:grumble: I thought we were done with all that for Spring, its been being so nice here:ohwell:
    Beth and Sara-Love your new pics! And I agree with Loree, you get so used to seeing someones av's that when they do change it I have to do a double take and say hmmm, well I know the NAME lol. Funny!:laugh:
    Hello to everyone else! Hope you all have a lovely, healthy Sunday:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Morning team!

To my wife-Love your new AV pick, though no picture ever really does you justice. :love:

Sara-Love the new AV, you look great! The elusive miss beans shows herself and you look so thin!

Roni-Snow....Ick. We still have snow on the ground here.

Jeannie-Way to go on the "processing" or "sucker" fee. The reality is there is always something they can do.

Marla-I have been a logging machine this week so the challenge is going well.

Anyway my head is killing me and I am feeling pretty rough so I am going to take a short nap before the afternoon workout.
    :drinker:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    thanks, guys :blushing: i looked in the mirror last night and saw 1 chin, jaw bones and collar bones, and i was like "i gotta take a picture":laugh:
    sara- i love your new pic too. everyone is looking so thin!